Yeah, change we can believe in. Right.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Obama and Chávez Start Sparring Early

Tags: SOUTH AMERICA
In an interview shown in the past week on the Spanish-language network Univision, U.S. President-elect Barack Obama said that Venezuela's firebrand president, Hugo Chávez, has hindered progress in Latin America, and he expressed concern that Chávez's leftist government has assisted Colombia's biggest guerrilla movement, a group the United States considers a terrorist organization. Chávez responded this weekend by saying that Obama had "the same stench" as President Bush, a frequent target of Chávez's remarks.
Obama and Chávez Start Sparring Early

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Was anybody really expecting any sort of change? The '04 election should have taught you something. The first act was to take impeachment off the table.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The change you were expecting was for him to get cozy with Chavez? Not sure what campaign you watched but that wasn't part of it the promise, nor was anyone wanting it to be..except for the diehards who blame Americans for the sun rising in the east.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
The change you were expecting was for him to get cozy with Chavez? Not sure what campaign you watched but that wasn't part of it the promise, nor was anyone wanting it to be..except for the diehards who blame Americans for the sun rising in the east.[/quote]
why doesnt that suprise me!!!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I figure the Obama honeymoon will last 4-6mo for Americans before they
realize that he just can't be everything to everybody....and less for other
parts of the world. Unplug Bush, and plug in Obama, and either was/is
still plugged into the same slot. How much change can really be expected?

Unlike Canadian politics with extremes of way far Left to Right of center,
America's two parties are both Right of center, just one more than the other.
These are interesting times we're in. This'll give us much to discuss and debate
in the months to come...8O

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are you suggesting the world go completely mad just so 'we' have something to digest in our spare time. I assume we are not all being paid to comment here on various topics.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah, change we can believe in. Right

Are you suggesting the world go completely mad just so 'we' have something to digest in our spare time. I assume we are not all being paid to comment here on various topics.

wow......OK. The world is going completely mad and doesn't know that you
or I exist. Exactly what're you asking with, "I ass/u/me we are not all being paid
to comment here on various topics."

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I was asking if you were a troll or not. BTW You don't post enough to be a troll.
Wouldn't it be nice to not have anything to post because the world was working just fine? No fear, you will have lots of choices of topics to choose from.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The change you were expecting was for him to get cozy with Chavez? Not sure what campaign you watched but that wasn't part of it the promise, nor was anyone wanting it to be..except for the diehards who blame Americans for the sun rising in the east.

No one except the diehards eh? What about the victims of American wars and American money and American culture. We should hope we never see the change Obamas thinking of.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I figure the Obama honeymoon will last 4-6mo for Americans before they
realize that he just can't be everything to everybody....and less for other
parts of the world. Unplug Bush, and plug in Obama, and either was/is
still plugged into the same slot. How much change can really be expected?

Unlike Canadian politics with extremes of way far Left to Right of center,
America's two parties are both Right of center, just one more than the other.
These are interesting times we're in. This'll give us much to discuss and debate
in the months to come...8O

No doubt interesting times. We was sort of promosed a big terrorist event arround coronation time, Israel just got off stage for a bit, now it's the messianic figures turn to work the rubes. I hope the lights stay on but it is by no means a sure thing from where I'm standing.:cool:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I was asking if you were a troll or not. BTW You don't post enough to be a troll.
Wouldn't it be nice to not have anything to post because the world was working just fine? No fear, you will have lots of choices of topics to choose from.

Do we choose the topics or do the topics choose us?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Well aren't you an @rsehole tonight. Normally I look forward to reading
your postings. I don't always agree with them, but this would be a pretty
boring place if we all had the same opinion and just electronically patted
each other on the back continually. My having a different opinion than you
makes me a troll (?) except I don't post enough to qualify? Please explain.

Lets go back to the "I assume we are not all being paid to comment here
on various topics." that you needed to toss out there. Spell it out in plain and
simple English. What are you implying MHz?

givpeaceachance

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2008
Well, he's been telling us that he wants to make change so i definitely believe the man has a plan. I'm just not really looking forward to what that might be.