So, I asked the UN secretary general, isn't it time for a war crimes tribunal?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is this the anniversary that was being referenced?
Middle East Documents Balfour Declaration
(in part)
"There are different theories about why the British agreed to issue the Balfour declaration when they issued it. One possibility is that the declaration was deliberately contrived to allow the British to renege on earlier promises to France and the Arabs regarding Palestine. Lloyd George reportedly said that British control over Palestine would prevent it from falling into the hands of the agnostic atheistic French. Another hypothesis, is that the declaration was intended to curry favor with the Jews, so that the Jews in the United States and Russia would influence their governments to support the British cause in the war. However, the declaration did not fall as a bolt from the blue, but was rather the culmination of a long tradition in Britain that supported restoration of the Jews to their own land for philosophical, religious and imperialistic motives."

The Secret History of the Balfour Declaration
(in part)
9] CONCLUSION Such in outline is the secret history of the Balfour Declaration and the Mandate, a recital that does very little credit to the authors of these two documents. It is the history of a sordid conspiracy to cheat a people, who at that time were not in a position to defend their rights and expose the machinations of their enemies to the world. It is the history of a conspiracy to dispose of a country in a novel and unique manner, which flouted every principle of justice and violated all the rules which had been laid down by the authors themselves for international conduct after the first World War. It is the history of a crime disguised as a lawful and noble act. It is a history which must make it plain to anyone with normal intelligence and a modicum of intellectual honesty, that these two documents do not rest on any recognizable basis of law or morality whatever and that nothing in them can invalidate the inalienable rights of the people of Palestine "on whose property and dear life this damn'd defeat was made".

The war tribunal is not part of the UN, he should have dropped the correct phone # though.
Nothing was done after their attack on Lebanon civilians and it will be the same here.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Do you suggest a war crimes trial for both sides, only Israelis or only Palestinians.

In a 2002 report, Human Rights Watch stated that Hamas' leaders "should be held accountable for the war crimes and crimes against humanity"

Iraq would cover the US war crimes, that should keep everybody busy for a few years.
Hamas 23 indictments
Israel 2300 indictments
US 23,000 indictments

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If it's for both sides, those 25300 Israelis and USAmericans are really going to make that huge crowd of 23 Hamas look significant - if MHz's figures even come close to truth....

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
well, warcrimes trials only appear to affect those that affected us....go figer! you going to tell me we didnt commit war crimes....me ling massacre(however its spelt)....colon powell tried to cover it up if you wish to do some research.......upto you mate, I dont give a sh!t

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
well, warcrimes trials only appear to affect those that affected us....go figer! you going to tell me we didnt commit war crimes....me ling massacre(however its spelt)....colon powell tried to cover it up if you wish to do some research.......upto you mate, I dont give a sh!t

Not sure who your post is directed to but I didn't commit any war crimes so "we" can't be charged. The question really isn't that difficult to answer. Israeli, Palestinian or both?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Not sure who your post is directed to but I didn't commit any war crimes so "we" can't be charged. The question really isn't that difficult to answer. Israeli, Palestinian or both?

why is so much money given to israel from the us..... any idea how much they get?
any idea WHY they get it?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If it's for both sides, those 25300 Israelis and USAmericans are really going to make that huge crowd of 23 Hamas look significant - if MHz's figures even come close to truth....
They will be accurate if I get to fill out the names lol

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Is this the anniversary that was being referenced?
Middle East Documents Balfour Declaration
(in part)
"There are different theories about why the British agreed to issue the Balfour declaration when they issued it. One possibility is that the declaration was deliberately contrived to allow the British to renege on earlier promises to France and the Arabs regarding Palestine. Lloyd George reportedly said that British control over Palestine would prevent it from falling into the hands of the agnostic atheistic French. Another hypothesis, is that the declaration was intended to curry favor with the Jews, so that the Jews in the United States and Russia would influence their governments to support the British cause in the war. However, the declaration did not fall as a bolt from the blue, but was rather the culmination of a long tradition in Britain that supported restoration of the Jews to their own land for philosophical, religious and imperialistic motives."

The Secret History of the Balfour Declaration
(in part)
9] CONCLUSION Such in outline is the secret history of the Balfour Declaration and the Mandate, a recital that does very little credit to the authors of these two documents. It is the history of a sordid conspiracy to cheat a people, who at that time were not in a position to defend their rights and expose the machinations of their enemies to the world. It is the history of a conspiracy to dispose of a country in a novel and unique manner, which flouted every principle of justice and violated all the rules which had been laid down by the authors themselves for international conduct after the first World War. It is the history of a crime disguised as a lawful and noble act. It is a history which must make it plain to anyone with normal intelligence and a modicum of intellectual honesty, that these two documents do not rest on any recognizable basis of law or morality whatever and that nothing in them can invalidate the inalienable rights of the people of Palestine "on whose property and dear life this damn'd defeat was made".

The war tribunal is not part of the UN, he should have dropped the correct phone # though.
Nothing was done after their attack on Lebanon civilians and it will be the same here.

Nothing is ever done, peace is war, and dark is light.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That is usually the case.
Do enough wrong to somebody who loves you and eventually they will tell you to piss-off and don't come back. I can see the last few weeks of Israel's behaviour turning (a few) people away from supporting them. Maybe nobody who is very important but some eyes are opened now that were formerly closed.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
That is usually the case.
Do enough wrong to somebody who loves you and eventually they will tell you to piss-off and don't come back. I can see the last few weeks of Israel's behaviour turning (a few) people away from supporting them. Maybe nobody who is very important but some eyes are opened now that were formerly closed.

They're beyond caring about open eyes, they mean to go the whole distance, or they wouldn't have started the end. There are still the deaf and the dumb MHz.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If it is measured on a scale, is any offensive act excusable? I would think that if the Hamas had the population and the methods for atrocities that the US and Israel have, they'd be right up there in the numbers of atrocities, too.