Treasury Nominee didn't pay his taxes

Nothing Changes if nothing changes.....

President-elect Barack Obama's choice to run the Treasury Department and lead the economic rescue effort disclosed to senators Tuesday that he failed to pay $34,000 in taxes from 2001 to 2004, a last-minute complication in an otherwise smooth path to confirmation.
Timothy Geithner paid most of the past-due taxes days before Obama announced his nomination in November, an Obama transition official said. The unpaid taxes were discovered by Obama's transition team while investigating Geithner's background, the official said.
Maybe we hold too high a standard, I mean crime isn't the benchmark of mistrust it once was. Besides there aren't any honest politicians anymore and the sociopathic administration could not tolerate the good. Trust us, it's just a last minute complication, not a real crime after-all.
Scott Free
I think it's only natural a Kleptocrat should be in charge of the treasury. Does he have any Federal Reserve experience - that might be even better?
I'm always amazed by this, it seems there are always senior politicians and appointees who are discovered to have not paid taxes, or to have employed illegal nannies, etc...Who forgets to pay taxes?
Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Geithner's Tax Troubles Are Serious - (external - login to view)

Speaking to reporters Tuesday, Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., described Geithner's errors as "serious," but he said they were "honest mistakes"

It is amazing how many honest mistakes happen. The whole Iraq war thing was an honest mistake. Hasn't everyone had enough of honest mistakes?