Anne Coulter on "The View"

Tyr
Watching Coulters appearance on "The View" this morning was high comedy at best and depressing to watch "white trash" behave like some indignant five year old shamelessly trying to inject controversary in order to sell her tabloid book.

After "dissing" Barbara Walters, she rambled on about nothing of substance hoping to "bait" Walters into responding. Walters being the consumate professional refused to lower her standards to Coulters level and left Coulter flaying about hysterically

She defended her views from her latest book Guilty, which is controversial even for her! The book includes opinions like her disproval of single mothers raising children and the media's unequal treatment of the candidates in the presidential election, including what she calls the media's love affair with Barack Obama. She sent everyone home with a copy of Guilty.

TenPenny
One thing that Coulter proves is that any idiot can write a book. Mind you, one thing that 'the view' proves is that any idiot can be on TV, but we've known that for years.

Kreskin
Are there still people who give a **** about her opinions?

DurkaDurka
I bet she is pretty dominating in bed....

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Wouldn't that be too liberal?

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Wouldn't that be too liberal?

Perhaps, lol.

Tyr

I can't (or rather won't) picture that. With her so tight "painted on" mini-skirt where she can barely wobble from her chair, I just don't see it

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrView Post

I can't (or rather won't) picture that. With her so tight "painted on" mini-skirt where she can barely wobble from her chair, I just don't see it

I think she dominating due to the fact that she would be the one doing the pushing... lol

TenPenny
She strikes me as the type who would be completely useless and boring in bed.

Colpy
Coulter is far, far from stupid. Completely over the edge, sometimes at least, but not stupid.

I also bet she likes to be spanked, and I.....oops, wrong forum.......

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Coulter is far, far from stupid. Completely over the edge, sometimes at least, but not stupid.

She's a real life troll I think.... I don't know how even she could believe some of the crap she says.

Send her a pic of you in your g-string, COlpy

Kreskin

She's a real life troll I think.... I don't know how even she could believe some of the crap she says.

Send her a pic of you in your g-string, COlpy

I could send his pic..oops wrong forum

Tyr
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Psychotic maybe. Fanatical probably. Delusional definitely

shadowshiv
I think I heard Zan say that she can't wait to read Guilty.

Twila
Ann Coulter is annoying, like a mosquito... all you need is the right repellant...with Coulter it's facts.

Edited to add: Garlic might also work as a repellant...
Last edited by Twila; Jan 13th, 2009 at 05:01 PM..

karrie
Ann Coulter seriously reminds me of a forum troll. And if you ever watch her in a 'debate' (i saw the View clip online), her trollishness becomes even more apparent.

But, Whoopi called it today when she stated... "I know you need to say that because it's part of your act..."

Ann has found a product that sells. And she sells it well. People listen to her and buy her books, even if they don't like what she has to say. That's a neat trick.

Kreskin
She also looks and acts like a heroin addict. Ever see a hooker walk down the street flinging her arms in the air and yelling at street signs? That's the way Coulter is all of the time.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Ann Coulter seriously reminds me of a forum troll. And if you ever watch her in a 'debate' (i saw the View clip online), her trollishness becomes even more apparent.

But, Whoopi called it today when she stated... "I know you need to say that because it's part of your act..."

Ann has found a product that sells. And she sells it well. People listen to her and buy her books, even if they don't like what she has to say. That's a neat trick.

That's exactly it Karrie IMO.

Twila
Quote:

She also looks and acts like a heroin addict. Ever see a hooker walk down the street flinging her arms in the air and yelling at street signs? That's the way Coulter is all of the time.

That'd be a crack w h o r e or meth head. Heroin addicts tend to just stand there...snoozing...in the middle of the road...Maybe Ann should mix up her drug use to include heroin.

talloola
Yeah, she is shameless, just as all the others who find something the public will
get sucked into, and 'buy' what they are selling. She is making money, that is the
bottom line, she doesn't care what it takes.
They are out there by the thousands.

Francis2004
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrView Post

Watching Coulters appearance on "The View" this morning was high comedy at best and depressing to watch "white trash" behave like some indignant five year old shamelessly trying to inject controversary in order to sell her tabloid book.

After "dissing" Barbara Walters, she rambled on about nothing of substance hoping to "bait" Walters into responding. Walters being the consumate professional refused to lower her standards to Coulters level and left Coulter flaying about hysterically

She defended her views from her latest book Guilty, which is controversial even for her! The book includes opinions like her disproval of single mothers raising children and the media's unequal treatment of the candidates in the presidential election, including what she calls the media's love affair with Barack Obama. She sent everyone home with a copy of Guilty.

I watched The View a long time ago and on You Tube when the Rosie quit..

YouTube - The View - 4-26-07 Media Reaction of Rosie leaving the View

From what else I have seen of this show its producers only "Advocate" confrontational views and love it..

If your surprised, your "Guilty" .. ha ha ha

bobnoorduyn
What I can't believe is how many guys actually watch "The View". It reminds me too much of the torture I endured as a young'n, stuck sitting at the dinner table listening to my mother and all my aunts natter on and on while having to finish my veggies after all the men left to go smoke.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

What I can't believe is how many guys actually watch "The View". It reminds me too much of the torture I endured as a young'n, stuck sitting at the dinner table listening to my mother and all my aunts natter on and on while having to finish my veggies after all the men left to go smoke.

Yeah, a lot of men seem to have trouble with women ACTUALLY, not just theoretically, having an opinion and discussing it strongly. It's funny that not one man I know seems to complain about the fluff parts of the show, but, the part where the women actually debate social and political issues puts them off.

talloola
I've gone by the show a few times while changing channels, never stopped there.
I don't usually watch TV during the day.

bobnoorduyn

Yeah, a lot of men seem to have trouble with women ACTUALLY, not just theoretically, having an opinion and discussing it strongly. It's funny that not one man I know seems to complain about the fluff parts of the show, but, the part where the women actually debate social and political issues puts them off.

Being a little hard on men there Karrie, just because some men disagree with their opinions doesn't mean neither side is entitled to one, don't be so defensive.

I don't know what you mean by the fluff parts, I just can't stand the entire format. Discussing strongly? Debate? It is anything other than that when you get 5 or 6 people trying to argue over one another, much like the dinner table, (you don't know my aunts). Dr.Phil gets like that too when he has a bunch of guests with differing views and he doesn't effectively moderate the show. But I have noticed that women are more prone to interrupting other speakers on these shows, and around the dinner table.

Francis2004

I have no problems with it.. Reminds me of my life before my ex moved out.. With two women in the house I had little of "My Views" taken seriously.

Now it seems "My Views" might have not have been more politically correct and that I was giving them their fair share of time. Too bad its only noticed now they no longer have a right to those "Women Views" anymore..

Cannuck
I find it interesting that not one of the posts here actually took issue with what Anne said. People seem more concerned with how she says it. I don't watch The View but I saw a 10 minute segment on Youtube. Her main issue seemed to be the "glamorization" of single mothers and the problems she claims are caused by this situation. I think her detractors would have a little more credibility if they actually refuted what she said.

For the record, I've heard of Anne but haven't read any of her stuff or seen her on TV. I think the Youtube spot on the view may be the first time I've actually heard the woman speak. I know she is a conservative but I would think that if her ideas are so bad, people could criticize that instead of calling her a crack w h o r e, among other things.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I find it interesting that not one of the posts here actually took issue with what Anne said. People seem more concerned with how she says it. I don't watch The View but I saw a 10 minute segment on Youtube. Her main issue seemed to be the "glamorization" of single mothers and the problems she claims are caused by this situation. I think her detractors would have a little more credibility if they actually refuted what she said.

For the record, I've heard of Anne but haven't read any of her stuff or seen her on TV. I think the Youtube spot on the view may be the first time I've actually heard the woman speak. I know she is a conservative but I would think that if her ideas are so bad, people could criticize that instead of calling her a crack w h o r e, among other things.

Well, the glamorization of single parents..does that even register on the radar screen of issues? She will bitch about it until there aren't any single mothers, and since that won't happen she'll just bitch. That's what she does. She picks fights with anyone who doesn't follow her Nazi script.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

Being a little hard on men there Karrie.... But I have noticed that women are more prone to interrupting other speakers on these shows, and around the dinner table.

No, I don't think I'm being overly hard on men.

Vanni Fucci
I remember seeing Anne on The Fifth Estate arguing with Bob Mckeown that there's no reason why Canada shouldn't help the US invade Iraq, because after all we went with them into Vietnam...

CBC: The Fifth Estate - Sticks and Stones