America’s Shame

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
America’s Shame

By Paul Craig Roberts

January 08, 2009 "Information Clearinghouse" -- Why does Israel have a right to exist, but Palestine doesn’t?

This is the question of our time.

For sixty years Israelis have been stealing Palestine from Palestinians. There are maps available on the Internet and in Israeli publications showing the shrinkage over time of what was once Palestine into what Palestine is today--a small number of unconnected ghettos or bantustans.

Palestine became “the occupied territory” from which Palestinians were ejected and Israeli settlements built for “settlers.” Jordan, Syria and Lebanon are full of refugee camps in which Palestinians driven off their lands by Israeli force have been living for decades.

Driving people off their land is strictly illegal under international law, but Israel has been getting away with it for decades.

Gaza is a concentration camp of 1.5 million Palestinians who were driven from their homes and villages and collected in the Gaza Ghetto.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency was created 60 years ago in
1949 to administer refugee camps for Palestinians driven from their lands by Israel. As of 2002, the registered Palestinian refugee population was 3.9 million.

Caterpillar Tractor makes a special bulldozer for Israel that is designed to knock down Palestinian homes and to uproot their orchards. In 2003 an American protester, Rachel Corrie, stood in front of one of these Caterpillars and was run over and crushed.

Nothing happened. The Israelis can kill whomever they want whenever they want.

They have been doing so for 60 years, and they show no sign of stopping.

Currently they are murdering women and children in the ghetto that they have created for Palestinians in Gaza. The entire world knows this. The Red Cross protests it. But the Israelis brazenly claim that they are killing “Hamas terrorists who are a threat to Israel’s existence.”

The American media knows that this is a lie, but does not say so.

Israel has been able to slowly exterminate a people for sixty years without provoking sufficient outrage to stop it.

The United States, “Christian America,” has been Israel’s greatest enabler in its long-term murder of the Palestinian people. Millions of “evangelical Christians” endorse Israel’s ethnic cleansing of Palestine.

The rest of the world condemns the Israeli military attack on the Gaza Ghetto. Last week the United Nations Security Council passed a resolution requiring a ceasefire and the withdrawal of the Israeli SS from Gaza.

The United States abstained.

While the rest of the world condemns Israel’s inhumanity, the US Congress--I should say the US Knesset--rushed to endorse the Israeli slaughter of the Palestinians in Gaza.

The US Senate endorsed Israel’s massacre of Palestinians with a vote of 100-0.

The US House of Representatives voted 430-5 to endorse Israel’s massacre of Palestinians.

The resolutions endorsed by 100% of the US Senate and 99% of the House were written by AIPAC, as were the speeches praising Israel for its inhumanity.

The US Congress was proud to show that it is Israel’s puppet even when it comes to murdering women and children.

The President of the United States was proud to block effective action by the UN Security Council by ordering the Secretary of State to abstain.

Be a Proud American. Swagger and strut. Pretend that you are not besmirched by the shame that your government has heaped upon you. Take refuge in your ignorance, fostered by 60 years of Israeli lies, that the murder of Palestinians and the theft of their lands is “Israel’s right of self-defense.”

America’s Shame           : Information Clearing House - ICH

Reactions: dancing-loon

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Good post and absolutely on the money. When the state of Israel was first created in what had for centuries been known as Palestine, Good old, white haired, Ben Gurion, Israel's first prime minister, wasted no time in declaring that the Jews wanted all of Palestine.
What really happened was that the Zionist movement, from the beginning, looked forward to a practically complete dispossession of the indigenous Arab population so that Israel could be a wholly Jewish state, or as much as was possible. Land bought by the Jewish National Fund, behind the backs of the Palestinians, was held in the name of the Jewish people and could never be sold or even leased back to Arabs (a situation which continues to the present).
Israel will not be satisfied until the last Palestinian is either dead, or immigrated to somewhere else.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Good post and absolutely on the money. When the state of Israel was first created in what had for centuries been known as Palestine, Good old, white haired, Ben Gurion, Israel's first prime minister, wasted no time in declaring that the Jews wanted all of Palestine.

Israel will not be satisfied until the last Palestinian is either dead, or immigrated to somewhere else.

It's interesting that in preventing Hitler and Nazi Germany's evil plans of world domination and genocide in WWII, that we the allies would be fated to create what could be the next World War based on some of the very same reasons why WWII started.......

.... which was the taking over of lands owned for centuries by other people, pushing people you don't like based on culture, religion, race, etc. into small, low-quality-living ghettos until able to take brutal action into removing those people in order to complete your conquest and land takeovers.

Back in WWII, nobody did anything to Germany for the longest time, just as nobody is doing anything about Israel today.

Why?

Because people held a bit of sympathy for Germany for the troubles and hardships placed on them after WWI and tried to be all diplomatic and passive about it, because they felt they owed them something........ then action had to be taken before it became way too late to do anything about it...... then out come the Jewish as being the most abused by the Nazis in WWII..... we give them sympathy and hand them over land that was originally someone else's and for decades we allow them to carry on much of what was listed above because for some reason it was all of our fault for what one country and one mad man did to them........ and now here we are, giving sympathy and space for Israel to continue these actions and mentality against those who are not like them...... and we stand by and allow them to do all of this when all of the evidence is right in front of our faces.

And then nothing will be done until it's far too late and then many of the Islamic nations unite to put a stop to Israel's brutal actions..... then the West/allies join together to help Israel..... and thus, here we are on the other side of the spectrum of World Wars.

No matter which way you look at it, no matter who you think has been the good and who was the evil within each World War.... both sides have played equally important roles in creating the situations for each World War.

And if there's to be a Third.... we're right along the path to starting it by allowing these types of things to continue on due to not wanting to "Offend."

I'd much rather stand up, speak out and offend the living hell out of everybody, then to stand quietly by and allow people to get away with bloody murder in silence.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Jeeeez. Another Palestine vs. Israel thread?
I have a simple answer. Carpet bomb the Gaza with nukes and have done with it. Or perhaps gather them all up and put em in a flying saucer to be sent out in space to look for a planet they can use to have at it.
IT AIN'T GONNA END .... EVER

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

And why would it stop there? The Zionist is bottomless.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Have to find a pretty girl to smirch with first. I have a suspicion that Juan, Stretch, or Prax don't qualify.

Nobady said anything abount being besmooched... I just won't be and adamently REFUSE to be BESMIRCHED.

I will, however, BE SMOOCHED by a pretty woman if the opportunity avails itself.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Nobady said anything abount being besmooched... I just won't be and adamently REFUSE to be BESMIRCHED.

I will, however, BE SMOOCHED by a pretty woman if the opportunity avails itself.

Will this do?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Jeeeez. Another Palestine vs. Israel thread?
I have a simple answer. Carpet bomb the Gaza with nukes and have done with it. Or perhaps gather them all up and put em in a flying saucer to be sent out in space to look for a planet they can use to have at it.
IT AIN'T GONNA END .... EVER

"Darn!!!! Missed by THAT much....gotta make another pass...."

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just out of common curiosity, why was it okay in 1948 to give more than half of Palestine to the Jews when Palestinians far outnumbered the Jews, and had lived and farmed in Palestine for far longer than the Jews. Why was it okay to throw Palestinians out of their homes and then plow their homes into the ground? Why is it okay for there to be refugee camps full of Palestinians who's homes have been plowed into the ground or occupied by Jews? Seems to me the problem is not the Palestinians but the Jews. Why is complaining about Israeli behavior considered anti-semitic?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Just out of common curiosity, why was it okay in 1948 to give more than half of Palestine to the Jews when Palestinians far outnumbered the Jews, and had lived and farmed in Palestine for far longer than the Jews. Why was it okay to throw Palestinians out of their homes and then plow their homes into the ground? Why is it okay for there to be refugee camps full of Palestinians who's homes have been plowed into the ground or occupied by Jews?
They aren't deeds that I would undertake.
Seems to me the problem is not the Palestinians but the Jews.
I think you are incorrect. There are a few people on BOTH sides perpetuating the conflicts. They are BOTH the problem.
Why is complaining about Israeli behavior considered anti-semitic?
I dunno.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just out of common curiosity, why was it okay in 1948 to give more than half of Palestine to the Jews when Palestinians far outnumbered the Jews, and had lived and farmed in Palestine for far longer than the Jews. Why was it okay to throw Palestinians out of their homes and then plow their homes into the ground? Why is it okay for there to be refugee camps full of Palestinians who's homes have been plowed into the ground or occupied by Jews? Seems to me the problem is not the Palestinians but the Jews. Why is complaining about Israeli behavior considered anti-semitic?

Back in 1948, the Jews could have been given "Utah." The Jews might have outnumbered
the Mormons, and it would have been much easier (logistically) for the USA to prop up
Israel if it was located between Idaho and Arizona, and between Nevada and Colorado.
I wonder what Isreal's NFL Team would have been named?

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think you are incorrect. There are a few people on BOTH sides perpetuating the conflicts. They are BOTH the problem.

Wait a minute. The Jews were the invasive party in this conflict. The Palestinians are the victims. You haven't addressed any of my questions.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Wait a minute. The Jews were the invasive party in this conflict. The Palestinians are the victims. You haven't addressed any of my questions.
Um, by saying that "They aren't deeds that I would undertake." means that I don't think they were the right things to do. And I did answer your last question as best I could........ I really don't know.
As I said before, I think the issue has gone past the who-did-what-to-whom-first stage, so it is a bit irrelevant.