Definition of Globalization

katnut

Jul 17, 2007
usa
www.kabbalah.info
How do you define Globalization? or what do you understand by the world Globalization?

I understand it as the world getting smaller where constraints of space and time is reduced to a minimum. Which means I am able to communicate with someone in Asia as if he/she is living next door to me. Thus globalization is helped mostly by advancement of technology. That is what Globalization is in my opinion.

What do you think?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
1 government, 1 currency, 1 religion, 1 policeforce..........

That's the new world order. Globalization is more about a global free market economy which in itself is probably an oxymoron. Multinational corporations want free reign to control all the economies of the world. They are the force behind the NWO.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The laitman.com website had this definition of glob.: "a process of global economic, political, and cultural integration and unification. The main consequences of this are a global distribution of labor; migration of capital and human and industrial resources on a global scale; standardization of legislation and of economic and technological processes; and greater contact between different cultures. This is an objective, natural, historic process that is systematic. In other words, it encompasses all areas of social life."

Social life, hmmm, let's see.

Well, let's see, most of us can't even emigrate to the US if we want. It was much easier 100 years ago. So the labour part is wrong.

As for culture, why do the World Junior Hockey Championships sell out in Canada, but no other country? And soccer is HUGE in Canada. :smile:

And religion. Israel is called the "Jewish state", surrounded by Arab countries that are also very religious. What happened to the secular state? Not global.

Ordinary people have no response to globalization, I mean we never talk about in groups. It just means work and the great powers that be exert power I guess.

So, why wasn't it called planetization?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
In some ways, globalization isn't that unique to our time in history:

local tribes to city states to kingdoms (sometimes empires, albeit less stable of of shorter duration), to nation states, and now the League of Nations, the UN, EU, OPEC, OAU, OAS, ASEAN, NATO, etc. etc. etc.

Since as far as human history was recorded, as technology progressed (wheels, boats, sails, rows, canoes, kayaks, chariots, typesets, trains, typewriters, telegraphs, telephones, airplanes, satellites, cell pones, computers, internet), our social structures inevitably became more complex. The only way to stop globalization would be to reverse all commmunications technologies from the telegraph to today. Once the telegraph was invented in 1844, globalization began, and there was no stopping it, so we might as well learn to live with it.

The only thing within our control now is the kind of globalization, based on materialism or spirituality, that's our choice, but the process itself, no.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
In some ways, globalization isn't that unique to our time in history:

local tribes to city states to kingdoms (sometimes empires, albeit less stable of of shorter duration), to nation states, and now the League of Nations, the UN, EU, OPEC, OAU, OAS, ASEAN, NATO, etc. etc. etc.

Since as far as human history was recorded, as technology progressed (wheels, boats, sails, rows, canoes, kayaks, chariots, typesets, trains, typewriters, telegraphs, telephones, airplanes, satellites, cell pones, computers, internet), our social structures inevitably became more complex. The only way to stop globalization would be to reverse all commmunications technologies from the telegraph to today. Once the telegraph was invented in 1844, globalization began, and there was no stopping it, so we might as well learn to live with it.

The only thing within our control now is the kind of globalization, based on materialism or spirituality, that's our choice, but the process itself, no.

Globalization began long before 1844.