The Queen searches Windsor Great Park for Princess Beatrice's missing dog

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Princess Beatrice's pet dog - a Norfolk Terrier named Max - has gone missing in Windsor Great park, a 5000 acre deer park on the border between Berkshire and Surrey.

He has been missing for over a week, but she has a helping hand - her grandmother.

The Queen is a great dog lover. She has had more than 30 Corgis during her reign. She currently has five corgis, four "dorgis" and five cocker spaniels.

Queen searches Windsor Great Park for Princess Beatrice's missing dog

By Daily Mail Reporter
16th December 2008
Daily Mail

Doggy bag: Princess Beatrice shows off a picture of her beloved pet

The Queen has been offering Princess Beatrice a royal helping hand by searching for her lost pet dog.

Beloved Norfolk Terrier Max has been missing for a week after running away in Windsor Great Park.

Since then Her Majesty has been helping in the search for the absent pooch.

Beatrice, 20, has put up 'missing' posters asking for the public’s help around the Royal park in Berkshire and has called in her royal protection police.

She has had the pet for seven years and even has a bag with the dog's face printed on it.

The posters state that Max is a sandy coloured Norfolk Terrier who is micro-chipped, but not wearing a collar.

They also mention that the pet is missing two lower front teeth.

When the Queen heard Max had vanished she was keen to offer her assistance.

Her Royal Highness has spent hours out looking for him in her 5,000 acre Windsor estate.

She also ordered her gamekeepers and gardeners to scour the park.

A royal source told the Sun newspaper: 'Max is part of the family. He was given to Beatrice for Christmas when she was only 13.'

Have you seen this dog? A notice on the gates of Windsor Great Park for the missing Norfolk Terrier

The Queen is well-known for her love of dogs and has kept more than 30 Corgis during her reign.

Her first Corgi was Susan who was a present for her 18th birthday in 1944 and many of her dogs have descended from her first pet.

She currently has five corgis called Emma, Linnet, Monty, Willow and Holly.

She also owns four 'dorgis' (corgis crossed with dachshunds) called Cider, Berry, Vulcan and Candy and five cocker spaniels called Bisto, Oxo, Flash, Spick and Span.

Animal lover: The Queen returns from a trip to Canada accompanied by three of her Corgis

dailymail.co.uk

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
The Queen is 82 yrs old. She doesn't go much further thean the "telly and the "loo. I don't think she's out scouring the grounds for a missing pooch

ps. What's the Black Sabbath pic suppossed to be telling us...

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The Queen is 82 yrs old. She doesn't go much further thean the "telly and the "loo. I don't think she's out scouring the grounds for a missing pooch

Don't mess with Blackleaf, he's the all things british man here... he'll fick you up :cool:

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula

My grandmother is 84, and she is still very active and still has got the use of all of my faculties, despite the fact that she has never had the kind of medical care that the Queen has, and never lived in such comfort. Do I make myself clear? :smile:

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
My grandmother is 84, and she is still very active and still has got the use of all of my faculties, despite the fact that she has never had the kind of medical care that the Queen has, and never lived in such comfort. Do I make myself clear? :smile:

We're talking about the Queen of England. Not Grandma.

Curently she's working on new "wave" for the peasants, so she doesn't have time to look for lost mutts. Must keep the monarchists happy over there

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There's always extensive therapy "for all things British"

Tyr,

My parents were born in England. I am first generation Canadian in our family. Once I left school and began to see exactly what the British had contributed to world history, I became riddled with white anglo-saxon guilt (I won't glorify those words with capitals).
The Brits were, and to some extent, still are the most civilized barbarians to have existed in the last 500 years. (Some might argue that the Spaniards were but I don't think they qualify as civilized in their treatment of the people they conquered).

I'm still trying to overcome the trauma of my British background (can't afford expensive therapy).