Secret Santa

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Secret Santas spread cheer, $100 bills

ST. LOUIS - At a suburban Goodwill store on Friday, Theresa Settles selected a large, black comforter to warm her family until she can raise the money to turn the gas heat back on.
A petite woman approached, her face obscured by dark sunglasses and a wrapped winter scarf and handed Settles two $100 bills stamped with the words "secret Santa." "The only condition," she said, "is that you do something nice for someone."
"Pass it on."

With the incredible number of unemployed people around the world today and the number growing larger each day, along comes a story of hope and human kindness. My faith in humanity is slightly restored today...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
hi mt.... I know you've been trying to make a real point of posting positive stuff lately, and I wanted to let you know it's nice to see. I also thought it might be pertinent that you know this one has been posted recently, just so that you know if no one replies to it, it's not because they're seeking the fight threads instead. :smile:

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
oops...just got in the house after a long day. Just finished 4 hours of listening to a presentation on motor control centers and switchgear...riveting stuff.:sleepy1:
Thanks for the heads up Karrie. It's tough to find good news stories on the web. The media is filled with gloom and doom wherever you turn. But I'll keep sifting through the crap to find the real gems.:study:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
oops...just got in the house after a long day. Just finished 4 hours of listening to a presentation on motor control centers and switchgear...riveting stuff.:sleepy1:
Thanks for the heads up Karrie. It's tough to find good news stories on the web. The media is filled with gloom and doom wherever you turn. But I'll keep sifting through the crap to find the real gems.:study:

With everything that is going on the world today, I figured I would keep it seperate from the other thread. Two threads about this particular kindness cannot be a bad thing.:smile: