Site of "purest water in the world" slated for...wait for it...LANDFILL.

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007
The Alliston Aquifer in Tiny Township, ON is about to be covered in landfill. On a scale of 1 to 10 of irrationality passing for legitimate governance I would rate this as 15. This is truly enviro-masochism of epic proportions.

Not only is it absurd to place landfill--as in, GARBAGE--on a jewel like this (and increasingly valuable resource I might add) but you should see the plan; it's like a machine designed to do the work of one guy but needs ten guys to run it. Total insanity. Proof that democracy can be an ugly thing if voters are out of their skulls. If this is an example of the thought process of educated humans with a high standard of living, then kiss this planet goodbye.

You have to read about this for yourselves to see the jaw-dropping absurdity of the plan.

A few articles:

TheStar.com | Ontario | Residents protest dump in Tiny Township

Protesters fight for 'best water on Earth' | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

A protest site:

HELP STOP DUMP SITE 41

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
good post, barney. aren't humans grand! the more I learn about animals, the less I like people.
I can't help thinking that we've been allowed, even coerced into contaminating our water supplies with the eventual outcome being we have to pay "them" for water. dont forget, the un says rainwater is a comodity and they own it

Last edited:

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Stretch,

UN...rain water...commodity....never knew.

rgs
scth

yep, when I was in Australia a few yrs back I saw a gov doc that said the un considered rainwater a commodity and they owned it. At the time they were going around to farms with damns and asking how long the damn has been there, how much water was pumped out of the damn etc. the aim is to put a meter on every waterpump and rainwater tank and charge accordingly.
having said that, one would assume that saying you own rainwater makes you responsible for the damage it can cause...............

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Get a truckload of aboriginal canadians to blockade the road and tell the government it's an old ceremonial, ancestral, hunting, fishing, burying, tepee zone, and the dump'll be moved.......guaranteed.

Worth a try.

8Oya think?

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007
I would say that this is an argument against government at the municipal and provincial level. They're so disconnected from the global reality that they can actually do long-term damage to the state. At least at the federal level, there is a kind of international PR accountability. As things are, how many people outside Canada actually know about this? Very few. It's our nasty little secret--among quite a few others of this nature--that are never exposed.

You realize that it's very possible that even with all the rational arguments against this plan (and the few irrational arguments for it), your fellow Canadians will actually proceed go through with it.

I mean...you'd think Canadians were trying to break a record of who can pollute the country's cleanest water sources the fastest. This is your future you're *ucking up people--this is possibly the difference between this country being a superpower of tomorrow and being a deserted wasteland only suitable for mining.

The reasoning behind it is what really gets me though: if people's lives were at stake or something (i.e. there was no other choice) then I would understand, but they can dump that $hit in plenty of useless places yet they chose, purely for idiotic bureaucratic reasons one of the most valuable places, not just in this country but on EARTH--sheer lunacy.

...Then again, this could just be an odd way of keeping the yanks out of here (that's putting aside their virtual control of our economy of course): make the water unusable and remove a source of want for our soon-to-be-very-thirsty neighbours.

View attachment 942

Ever vigilent, they did a hell of a better job than we are.

(Although this is somewhat off-topic I figure I should say something about this.)

At least in the case of the indigenous nations of what is now North America: they failed to identify the threat by actually aiding religious fanatics and abetting militants, they failed to protect their people from being exposed to lethal biological agents (small pox, etc.)--both intentionally spread and not--and they failed to hold the front when the threat finally began to affect their territorial integrity. They failed. The terrorists won. The worst part is that the winners clearly don't appreciate their prize.

(Clever pic though. :thumbup:)

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007
Oh yes and the *ucked-upedness of this plan is only augmented by the fact that it still being considered after the Walkerton tragedy. The people in the Township could be facing their own Walkerton...and the threat has been identified before it actually happens--yet there's still a debate! Ha!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
barney,

You should read 1491. It is an analysis of the latest archaeological and anthropological discoveries. According to the latest data over 90% of native American (North and South) died before the first settlers arrived. From the time the first Spanish explorers arrived in what is now Florida, it took only two years for Small Pox to reach Hudson Bay.
How could they have defended themselves from something they didn't understand?

As for the garbage in the lake, it is slated for many lakes across Canada, proof positive that peoples of European descent (generally) haven't learned a thing from the past and are acting more like parasites than animals. The more I encounter this kind of stupidity, the more I think we are an alien species.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
barney,

You should read 1491. It is an analysis of the latest archaeological and anthropological discoveries. According to the latest data over 90% of native American (North and South) died before the first settlers arrived. From the time the first Spanish explorers arrived in what is now Florida, it took only two years for Small Pox to reach Hudson Bay.

As for the garbage in the lake, it is slated for many lakes across Canada, proof positive that peoples of European descent (generally) haven't learned a thing from the past and are acting more like parasites than animals. The more I encounter this kind of stupidity, the more I think we are an alien species.

I do believe it was the Canadian gov that gave the Native Americans blankets, that they knew were infected with smallpox......... ever wonder about a government that gives you something for free..........like a free "flu shot"!!

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Stretch,

You know for over 7yrs I refused the free flu shot from my doctor and he finally wore me down this past Oct 30 and I had the shot. Guess what I have been sicker(sic) than I have ever been in my whole life.

Stupid me and I am more sick now than I was two weeks ago.

Thanx Doc!

regs
scratch

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I would never get a flu shot. They have mercury and formaldehyde in them, number one and two it is a disease that they are injecting into you. Who knows what else they are pumping in. I hear the Illuminati have set their goal of a reduced human population at 500 million. "Line um up, knock um down". Pollute the water supply and the air, that makes billions for Big Pharma. Create political intrigue so they don't notice them sneaking up behind you with the Vaseline jar.

If you want to ward off a flu, take elderberry juice or tincture. make it yourself by soaking berries in alcohol for three weeks, strain and administer 15 drops daily under the tongue. Simple, safe and cost effective.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Hey Cliffy,
After I started to feel ill I called my doc who I see only every six months and said`Thanx for the flu and he replied if you are alive for your next appointment I'll take care of that!`

Universal Health Care.

Not.

regards
scratch

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Get a truckload of aboriginal canadians to blockade the road and tell the government it's an old ceremonial, ancestral, hunting, fishing, burying, tepee zone, and the dump'll be moved.......guaranteed.

Worth a try.

8Oya think?

yeah, that would definitely stop the construction. :cool:

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007

I was just keeping with the analogy of modern terrorist threats. Wasn't meant to be factual.

The more I encounter this kind of stupidity, the more I think we are an alien species.

There's an old saying: "the more get to know man, the more I love my dog."

Get a truckload of aboriginal canadians to blockade the road...

That shouldn't be necessary. Much like protests in general; if it's clearly wrong, it shouldn't happen.

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007
Hey, this thread made 11th hit on Google search if you type in, "Alliston Aquifer Tiny Township."

Good publicity for CCF, but also a bad sign because more reputable sources outside of local papers and protest sites have said little.

Last edited: