Revealed: Hitler really did have only one testicle

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
For decades, the British have poked fun at Hitler supposedly having only one testicle in the song that starts: "Hitler has only got one ball, the other is in the Albert Hall...."

Now a lost account by a WWI medic proves that we were right all along. Hitler lost a testicle during the Battle of the Somme.

Revealed: Hitler really did only have ONE testicle, confirms German WWI medic who saved his life

By Daily Mail Reporter
19th November 2008
Daily Mail

An almost lost account from a German army medic who treated Adolf Hitler during World War I may have finally proved the Nazi leader did have just one testicle.

Johan Jambor made the revelation to a priest in the 1960s because he felt guilty for saving the future tyrant’s life after he was injured at the Battle of the Somme.

Father Franciszek Pawlar noted down the admission in confidence - but only now has the document been made public 23 years after Mr Jambor died.

A German army medic who treated an injured Adolf Hitler during World War I told a priest the Nazi leader did have just one testicle.

He made the revelation in the 1960s because he felt guilty for saving the future tyrant’s life.

The story that Hitler may have been monorchic – the medical term for having one testicle - has been mocked for years in a British song, see below.

But until now there was very little proof the dictator had a missing testicle.

The claim had been written off by many historians as Allied propaganda – despite an alleged Soviet autopsy backing it up.

Records show Hitler, who was twice decorated for bravery as he faced enemy fire on a daily basis in his role as a runner, did suffer a groin injury in the Somme.

Corporal Adolf Hitler (pictured right) during World War I. He suffered a groin injury during the Battle of the Somme

Johan’s friend Blassius Hanczuch confirmed the priest’s account of how the medic saved Hitler’s life.

He told the Sun: ‘In 1916 they had their hardest fight in the Battle of the Somme.

‘For several hours, Johan and his friends picked up injured soldiers. He remembers Hitler.

‘They called him the ‘screamer”. He was very noisy. Hitler was screaming “help, help”.

‘His abdomen and legs were all in blood. Hitler was injured in the abdomen and lost one testicle.

‘His first question to the doctor was: “Will I be able to have children?”.’

Mr Hanczuch said that when the Nazis swept to power Mr Jambor began to suffer nightmares and blame himself for saving its leader.

Dr Martin Farr, senior lecturer at Newcastle University School of Historical Studies, said last night: ‘This genuinely new twist is fascinating.’

The lyrics to the British song (sung to the tune of The Colonel Bogey March)

‘Hitler has only got one ball,
the other is in the Albert Hall.
His mother, the dirty b****r,
cut it off when he was small.’

An alternative version has the lyrics:

‘Hitler has only got one ball,
Goering has two but very small.
Himmler is somewhat sim'lar,
But poor old Goebbels has no balls at all.’

dailymail.co.uk