Rival Clergy Clash Jerusalem

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Just when you thought it couldn't get anymore pathetic.

Rival Clergy Clash at Jerusalem's Holy Sepulcher Church
By Robert Berger
Jerusalem
10 November 2008

Rival clergy have clashed at a historic church in Jerusalem's Old City. Robert Berger reports from the VOA bureau in Jerusalem.

Armenian and Greek Orthodox monks scuffle at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in the Old City of Jerusalem, 09 Nov 2008
Armenian and Greek Orthodox monks shoved, scratched and traded blows at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher - a shrine revered as the site of Jesus' crucifixion, burial and resurrection.

The clash erupted during a procession of Armenian clergymen marking the 4th century discovery of the cross on which Jesus is believed to have been crucified.

Fearing that their own claims to the ancient sepulcher would be undermined, the Greek monks demanded that one of their clergy be present in the ancient tomb during the march. The Armenian monks refused, and when they tried to march, Greek Orthodox monks blocked their way, sparking the brawl.

Each side blames the other for the violence. This Greek Orthodox priest says his side did what was necessary to protect its rights.

"We protested peacefully," he said. "We tried our best not to use violence."

Armenian clergyman Fakrad Barjekian sees things differently.

"The Greeks attacked the Armenians and they responded," he told Israel Television.

Israeli police rushed into the church and eventually restored order.

The clash underscores centuries of hostility between six feuding denomination's at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. For instance, a ladder placed on a ledge over the entrance in the 19th century has remained there ever since because of a dispute over who has the authority to take it down. Because of disagreement among Christians, a Muslim family holds the key to the holiest place in Christianity.

VOA News - Rival Clergy Clash at Jerusalem's Holy Sepulcher Church

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
What a great idea for reality TV. Half hour religious wars sponsered by the Church Of Later Day Saints.
Sorry Ishmyal, you are the weakest link!

Survior Jersulam

Japanese game show visits the Temple Mount

Who wants to be a suicide bomber?

OMG. The posibilities are endless!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
OK sixty forty split for me you do all the developement work and talk to producers etc; I will forward you an account number for me. I'm going to be rich I mean we're going to be rich. Won't that be different?:smile: