Trick or Treaters gunned down for knocking on door

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A family was gunned down while trick-or-treating, leaving two injured and one dead. A knock on the door led the occupant of the house to 'defend himself' against what he thought must be a potential robbery ('cause they knock a lot right?), opening fire through the door and shooting the children and father on his step. The 12 year old boy is dead, while his 9 year old brother, and his father, were treated for their wounds and released.
Happy Halloween.

full article

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
This screams dope dealer.....fleeing the house with $7500????? Loaded AK waiting to be unloaded at a knock??????

Glad they charged the guy with murder.....

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
More yankee gun mentality. How the hell should a known criminal own a gun in the first place, let alone an AK47. What an idiot. Too bad they don't have the death penalty there.

Reactions: gopher

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Even if they had the death penalty Risus, it wouldn't apply to this freak. He didn't know the kid, didn't PLAN for him to knock on his door, so he wouldn't meet the criteria of premeditation.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Even if they had the death penalty Risus, it wouldn't apply to this freak. He didn't know the kid, didn't PLAN for him to knock on his door, so he wouldn't meet the criteria of premeditation.
He had the damn AK47 for a specific purpose. It was premeditated.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
He had the damn AK47 for a specific purpose. It was premeditated.

Likely he was premeditating killing someone else Risus - like maybe some other low life he ripped the money off of......not sure that would count in a court of law

but I agree - sitting in yer house with a loaded gun pointed at your door is certainly premeditating something..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
More yankee gun mentality. How the hell should a known criminal own a gun in the first place, let alone an AK47. What an idiot. Too bad they don't have the death penalty there.

Excuse me?

I used to own an AK47, before the gov't stole it from me........a gun is a gun is a gun...........looks don't make them lethal.........

The problem is you can't prevent criminal from breaking the law..........especially drug smugglers.

I mean, if you can smuggle cocaine into the country, you sure as hell can smuggle in guns......witness Jane and Finch in our own TO.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
This screams dope dealer.....fleeing the house with $7500????? Loaded AK waiting to be unloaded at a knock??????

Glad they charged the guy with murder.....

It's similar to that case in Quebec where the man shot and killed a police officer. He was found not guilty. I agree it's sick though. How messed up does a person have to be to not know children knock on doors for Halloween?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Colpy;1004265........a gun is a gun is a gun...........[/quote said:
I respect your knowledge on the gun issue, but I think that one is a bit simplistic. I doubt my dad could have gotten off 30 rounds with his revolver or his hunting rifles like this guy could with his ak47.

Whether this was legally owned or not (and I doubt it was), only an idiot or a nut would do what he did with it.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Excuse me?

I used to own an AK47, before the gov't stole it from me........a gun is a gun is a gun...........looks don't make them lethal.........

The problem is you can't prevent criminal from breaking the law..........especially drug smugglers.

I mean, if you can smuggle cocaine into the country, you sure as hell can smuggle in guns......witness Jane and Finch in our own TO.

There is no purpose or reason for anyone to own an AK47. I think that the fact that the government wouldn't allow you to possess one says something about that... unless you are a criminal ;-)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
There is no purpose or reason for anyone to own an AK47. I think that the fact that the government wouldn't allow you to possess one says something about that... unless you are a criminal ;-)

There is every reason and purpose for a civilian to own an AK47.....it is called the right to bear arms, and is one one the oldest and primary rights of man.

There is absolutely no reason or purpose for people to own personal automobiles, detached houses, golf clubs, swimming pools, or any one of thousands of other items we do commonly own.....but in a free society.......

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I respect your knowledge on the gun issue, but I think that one is a bit simplistic. I doubt my dad could have gotten off 30 rounds with his revolver or his hunting rifles like this guy could with his ak47.

Whether this was legally owned or not (and I doubt it was), only an idiot or a nut would do what he did with it.

No, but give him the most popular 12 ga shotgun around (a Rem 870 pump action).....holds 5 rounds. Load it with magnum 00 buckshot, which holds 12 .33 caliber pellets in each round......you could fire the five rounds faster than out of the AK.......and launch 60 "bullets" quicker, each one quite capable of killing a man, in fact designed to kill deer........not semi auto, not an assault rifle, just every duck hunter's favourite......

A gun is a gun is a gun......

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Canadians don't have a right to bear arms. Civilians have no need of automatic weapons. I used to hunt and I can't think of any legal situation requiring an AK-47.

On the other hand, I'd be ok with keeping those things locked up at a gun club where they can't be taken off the premises except with a special permit to move between gun clubs.

BTW Colpy, how do you feel about civilians possessing hand grenades, landmines, mortars and howitzers?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No, but give him the most popular 12 ga shotgun around (a Rem 870 pump action).....holds 5 rounds. Load it with magnum 00 buckshot, which holds 12 .33 caliber pellets in each round......you could fire the five rounds faster than out of the AK.......and launch 60 "bullets" quicker, each one quite capable of killing a man, in fact designed to kill deer........not semi auto, not an assault rifle, just every duck hunter's favourite......

A gun is a gun is a gun......

I like those big old 50 cal brownings, I can't carry one anymore though. I spouse if I put little wheels on it maybe.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Canadians don't have a right to bear arms. Civilians have no need of automatic weapons. I used to hunt and I can't think of any legal situation requiring an AK-47.

On the other hand, I'd be ok with keeping those things locked up at a gun club where they can't be taken off the premises except with a special permit to move between gun clubs.

BTW Colpy, how do you feel about civilians possessing hand grenades, landmines, mortars and howitzers?

e_a_o, good post!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Canadians don't have a right to bear arms.

Wrong......see the English Bill of Rights of 1689, read William Blackstone.
Civilians have no need of automatic weapons. I used to hunt and I can't think of any legal situation requiring an AK-47.

I'm not a fan of automatic weapons.....nor did I ever own one, but you are correct, the AK 47 is a select fire weapon........I assume, however that the gun in question was a semi-auto version commonly sold.........the 7.62 x 39 round of the AK is an excellent deer slayer, a little under-powered, about equivalent to the .30-30.........and the first semi-auto hunting rifle was put on the market in 1903.

This is a popular idea, but one I can't grasp....."keep all the guns in one place so the crooks know where they are and can make a giant haul all at once"......firearms already must be kept locked in the home.....

Hand grenades, mortars, landmines, howitzers and nuclear cruise missiles are NOT personal weapons.......although the first three can be easily made in your basement.......

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I like those big old 50 cal brownings, I can't carry one anymore though. I spouse if I put little wheels on it maybe.

Yeah, the new bolt action ones.....a Canadian sniper from the PPCLI killed an Afghan Taliban fighter at 2430 meters with one early in the war......by far the longest sniper kill ever made.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
There is every reason and purpose for a civilian to own an AK47.....it is called the right to bear arms, and is one one the oldest and primary rights of man.

There is absolutely no reason or purpose for people to own personal automobiles, detached houses, golf clubs, swimming pools, or any one of thousands of other items we do commonly own.....but in a free society.......

Yeah right, it would have been just as lethal is he had smashed his golf club against the door,
instead of shooting that 'gun', of course though, if he used his putter, it is the heaviest club in
the bag, and might have gone through the door, 'oh my'', it's so awful to own golf clubs.

The oldest and primary rights of man, you say that as though it was written in stone on some
boulder for the cave men to figure out, what a bunch of crap.