Woman who placed 10,000 calls to 911 found guilty

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081021/911_caller_081021/20081021?hub=Canada

MONTREAL -- A Montreal woman who logged 10,000 calls to 911 over a 15-month span because of her spite for police has been found guilty of public mischief.

Marie-Eve Dean, 23, was convicted today as a judge refused a joint recommendation by the Crown and defence that she get a suspended sentence to be served in the community.

Quebec court Judge Serge Boisvert says Dean is immature, irresponsible, has done nothing to correct her behaviour and is a high risk to reoffend.

Boisvert wants Dean to get psychiatric help before he sentences her on Dec. 17.

Between January 2006 and April 2007, Dean and an accomplice overwhelmed 911 operators and some days clogged the system so real emergency calls couldn't get through.

Dean, accompanied by her mother and sister, gave television cameras the finger as she left the Montreal courthouse.

Chuck her ass in jail.... she put other's lives at risk for her own selfish immaturity.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Highly more likely that they took her drugs or dumped her beer or spoiled a 'date' for her than your hypothesis Scott. No one acts like such a moron in front of cams if they've got a sob story to tell.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Highly more likely that they took her drugs or dumped her beer or spoiled a 'date' for her than your hypothesis Scott. No one acts like such a moron in front of cams if they've got a sob story to tell.

Sob story?

Having your child murdered by police is a sob story?

Wow. That's cold.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Sob story?

Wow. That's cold.

I think you took that out of context.

If she got kicked in the gut and her baby died, I'm pretty sure she would have made it public and sought legal action.... rather then doing something as petty as this. From what I read, Karrie was referring to her examples of sob stories, not your own.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I think you took that out of context.

Maybe.

If she got kicked in the gut and her baby died, I'm pretty sure she would have made it public and sought legal action....

I've known a few people abused by the police and non of them have sought such help. I'm not inclined to give the police the benefit of the doubt. From my perspective they no longer deserve it.

rather then doing something as petty as this. From what I read, Karrie was referring to her examples of sob stories, not your own.

Maybe.

I agree with Karrie. True victims of crime rarely react against their abusers. It is more probable that she is mentally ill than a victim of police brutality.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sob story?

Wow. That's cold.

She (as in THIS woman?) had her child murdered by a police officer? That's an incredible reach. What I said was that if this woman had a sob story of some sort (and what's wrong with saying sob story exactly?), she'd be telling it, not flipping cameras the bird.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
She (as in THIS woman?) had her child murdered by a police officer? That's an incredible reach.

Obviously because that's not what I said that isn't what I meant. :roll:

What I said was that if this woman had a sob story of some sort (and what's wrong with saying sob story exactly?), she'd be telling it, not flipping cameras the bird.

And I said I agreed with you. :roll:

What you said originally was cold IMO - so what? Haven't you heard someone say that before?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Obviously because that's not what I said that isn't what I meant. :roll:

And I said I agreed with you. :roll:

What you said originally was cold IMO - so what? Haven't you heard someone say that before?

I just find it confusing to be talking about one person, and called cold about what a completely different person suffered. I wanted clarification as to how a dead baby played into what I was saying about this woman. Odd if you ask me.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
lol. If you can't explain, man up and say so.

There isn't any point. You twist and stretch everything I say into something else. Why would I bother? It's a waste of time. It's easier to talk to the broken English guys.

Reactions: eh1eh

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
There isn't any point. You twist and stretch everything I say into something else. Why would I bother? It's a waste of time. It's easier to talk to the broken English guys.

I'm facing a single comment and asking for an explanation, no twisting. What does using the term 'sob story' about this woman, have to do with the death of another woman's child? Answer, or don't. But don't make it about me if you can't explain your own comments.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
You said: "No one acts like such a moron in front of cams if they've got a sob story to tell."

You called losing a baby from police brutality a sob story. It is the close proximity of your statement which implies that this woman couldn't have a sob story like the one I posted.

Don't blame me if you no speaky da English.

I said that was cold - which it is.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You said: "No one acts like such a moron in front of cams if they've got a sob story to tell."

You called losing a baby from police brutality a sob story. It is the close proximity of your statement which implies that this woman couldn't have a sob story like the one I posted.

Don't blame me if you no speaky da English.

I said that was cold - which it is.

I have said a couple times that I was talking about the woman in THIS story. Scott. Thus my request for clarification. If you misread it, then your statement makes sense. I appreciate the explanation, although I find it perplexing that you couldn't get straight to it, and felt the whole round about of personal jabbing was necessary instead.