Barack Obama cancels rallies to fly to sick grandmother

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

China National News
Tuesday 21st October, 2008

Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama has flown to Hawaii to visit his sick grandmother.

Obama's grandmother, 85 year old Madelyn Payne Dunham, who was released from hospital late last week after being treated, has suddenly deteriorated.

Senator Obama will not attend any more Democrat rallies until the weekend.

A spokesman for Senator Obama said his grandmother has been one of the most important people in his life.

Although the nature of Mrs Dunham's illness has not been disclosed publicly, analysts have said it is possible that she is close to death.

In a campaign ad this year, Obama described Mrs Dunham as the woman who "taught me things like accountability, self-reliance and love of country; working hard without making excuses and treating your neighbor as you'd like to be treated."

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Well, she is probably the ring leader of the Obama terrorist group and she is giving her final fatwa to Barrack.

How's that?;-)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
In a campaign ad this year, Obama described Mrs Dunham as the woman who "taught me things like accountability, self-reliance and love of country; working hard without making excuses and treating your neighbor as you'd like to be treated."

The liar dosn't have any of those qualities.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Obama: Grandmother "Typical White Person"
Posted March 20, 2008
The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction that's been been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that's just the nature of race in our society. We have to break through it..." - Senator Barack Obama

Can you imagine if Hillary Clinton said someone was a "typical black person?"
Seriously, Barack Obama basically called all white people racist. You know, because when us typical white folk walk down the street and see an African American coming our way we run to the other side of the road.
Is this guy kidding? Back in the late 1970s, early 1980s, I lived on 95th and Columbus in New York City; long before it went chique. I took a subway from 42nd Street to get home after working on Broadway late at night. I walked home from the subway alone. I rode with African Americans, walked down the street past midnight in an area that wasn't near safe, with African Americans walking beside me and behind me. I'm a whitey white Scots-Irish broad and I was never afraid of an African American coming towards me, and never once crossed the street.
In an update, Obama's spokesperson elaborated, but it didn't help:
UPDATE: We gave the Obama campaign a chance to respond to this post. "Barack Obama said specifically that he didn't believe his grandmother harbored any racial animosity, but that her fears were understandable and typical of those often shared by her generation," said Obama's PA spokesman Sean Smith, who added that Grandma is 86-years-old. He might have meant that specifically, but that isn't what he said, especially as he spoke of his grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, in the present tense. ... ..​
It's becoming more apparent why Senator Obama didn't leave Rev. Wright's church, as well as continued his relationship with him. The truth is that racism works both ways and some of us blue collar folks don't appreciate being called racist by someone who has his own problems with race he is obviously in denial about.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/obama-grandmother-typic_b_92601.html

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The more people see of Palin-McCain the worse it gets for those two. Obama should take the rest of the campaign off so everyone can focus on them.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Let us not jump to that obvious conclusion which may in fact be too obvious to be real, I for one would not put anything beyond Mr Obama, even inciting racial hatred. It makes for good press at this point in time. Obama the Fearless Champion of the Underclass. It's a set up.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Let us not jump to that obvious conclusion which may in fact be too obvious to be real, I for one would not put anything beyond Mr Obama, even inciting racial hatred. It makes for good press at this point in time. Obama the Fearless Champion of the Underclass. It's a set up.
I'd be with you on that except the Palin rallies are essentially redneck raves with KKK members yelling "kill him" from the stands. He doesn't need to incite it, she does.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I'd be with you on that except the Palin rallies are essentially redneck raves with KKK members yelling "kill him" from the stands. He doesn't need to incite it, she does.

A little gas poured on the fire will make it rage even if the idiots in the GOP may want to extinguish the blaze before it burns them. That's just me in idle speculation, of course I don't trust any of the sick basturds on either side. She's something else ain't she? That she's even in the race augurs a bleak future for American politics, if that's possible. I'm beyond caring at month 22. I really wish they'd just get it the hell over.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Obama: Grandmother "Typical White Person"
Posted March 20, 2008
The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction that's been been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that's just the nature of race in our society. We have to break through it..." - Senator Barack Obama

Can you imagine if Hillary Clinton said someone was a "typical black person?"
Seriously, Barack Obama basically called all white people racist. You know, because when us typical white folk walk down the street and see an African American coming our way we run to the other side of the road.

Is this guy kidding? Back in the late 1970s, early 1980s, I lived on 95th and Columbus in New York City; long before it went chique. I took a subway from 42nd Street to get home after working on Broadway late at night. I walked home from the subway alone. I rode with African Americans, walked down the street past midnight in an area that wasn't near safe, with African Americans walking beside me and behind me. I'm a whitey white Scots-Irish broad and I was never afraid of an African American coming towards me, and never once crossed the street.

In an update, Obama's spokesperson elaborated, but it didn't help:
UPDATE: We gave the Obama campaign a chance to respond to this post. "Barack Obama said specifically that he didn't believe his grandmother harbored any racial animosity, but that her fears were understandable and typical of those often shared by her generation," said Obama's PA spokesman Sean Smith, who added that Grandma is 86-years-old. He might have meant that specifically, but that isn't what he said, especially as he spoke of his grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, in the present tense. ... ..​
It's becoming more apparent why Senator Obama didn't leave Rev. Wright's church, as well as continued his relationship with him. The truth is that racism works both ways and some of us blue collar folks don't appreciate being called racist by someone who has his own problems with race he is obviously in denial about.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/obama-grandmother-typic_b_92601.html
Your post has distorted the truth to accomodate how you feel about obama, so the
post has no credibility at all. I remember his speech about his grandmother.