Gunman opens fire in Calgary lounge, 5 hurt

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2008/10/17/lounge-shooting.html

Five people were hurt when a gunman opened fire in a lounge in Calgary's downtown core early Friday.

The shooting happened at about 1:30 a.m. in the 600 block of 10 Avenue SW.

Two men are in hospital in potentially life-threatening condition. Another is listed in stable condition with less severe injuries. A fourth man and a woman suffered minor injuries.

All the victims are in their early 20s.

"(He) fired off numerous rounds from what we believe to be a handgun. Several victims were hit and then the offender fled the bar," said Calgary police Duty Insp. Rob Williams.

The area is known for being frequented by people involved in the drug trade. Across the street from the bar, homeless people were lined up Friday morning with returns for the bottle depot. A trail of blood led from the lounge to the sidewalk.

Police won't confirm if the incident was connected to gangs in the city, but have called in gang unit investigators.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Don't be jumping to any conclusions now:smile:For all we know, he may have shouted: "Pardon me. Shooter coming thru" before opening fire.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I'ma bettin' it's that gosh darn rock and/or rolling them kids have been listening to..... I told ye all that stuff was the work of the devil!

Now our children are lost to Santa.... no wait.... Satan...... No wait.... Michael Jackson.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I'ma bettin' it's that gosh darn rock and/or rolling them kids have been listening to..... I told ye all that stuff was the work of the devil!

Now our children are lost to Santa.... no wait.... Satan...... No wait.... Michael Jackson.

multiple choice......

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
rats eat eachother when held in overcrowded cages. Downtown Calgary is a prime example.