Britain Adopts Islamic Law

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422661,00.html

Britain Adopts Islamic Law

Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.

Previously, the rulings of sharia courts in Britain could not be enforced, and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims.

Politicians and church leaders expressed concerns that this could mark the beginnings of a “parallel legal system” based on sharia for some British Muslims.

Dominic Grieve, the shadow home secretary, said: “If it is true that these tribunals are passing binding decisions in the areas of family and criminal law, I would like to know which courts are enforcing them because I would consider such action unlawful. British law is absolute and must remain so.”

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
The islamification continues. There is a youtube video called "This is not islam" which details the progressive deterioration of rights and civility as the population of islamic adherents grow. This was also the central theme of Mark Steyn's book "America Alone". If you read the fox link on the above story you may pick up on the fact that women are losing their rights and men are getting off with a slap on the wrist for domestic violence. Is this the rewards for being tolerant? Of course,it is voluntary,just like praying 5 times a day every day is voluntary,and participating in arranged marriages is voluntary. It is time for democracies to wake up and snip this abberation called the 'religion of peace' in the bud,just like they do with womens genitalia,which is voluntary,of course.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Correction ,the title of the youtube is "what islam is not". Try this link,
, it is about 8 minutes long but is worth the watch. I know some will automatically dismiss it,but maybe watch it first and then check out the figures and facts before you criticize....Psst,don't tell quandary about this.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.

Enforceable by who's authority? Did they change their constitution?

If it is true why doesn't Dominic Grieve, (the shadow home secretary - who and whatever that is), know about it except by rumor? Sounds like a fishy story.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
:roll: The morons are alive and well........ here's a little bit more on the subject from the London Times, the newspaper that "fox news" decided to take only a portion of the article from.

Sheikh Faiz-ul-Aqtab Siddiqi, whose Muslim Arbitration Tribunal runs the courts, said he had taken advantage of a clause in the Arbitration Act 1996.
Under the act, the sharia courts are classified as arbitration tribunals. The rulings of arbitration tribunals are binding in law, provided that both parties in the dispute agree to give it the power to rule on their case.
Siddiqi said: “We realised that under the Arbitration Act we can make rulings which can be enforced by county and high courts. The act allows disputes to be resolved using alternatives like tribunals. This method is called alternative dispute resolution, which for Muslims is what the sharia courts are.”

Gee....sounds alot like what we allow here in Canada for Natives.......

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
:roll: The morons are alive and well........ here's a little bit more on the subject from the London Times, the newspaper that "fox news" decided to take only a portion of the article from.

And that is working out real well.isn't it? The difference also is that natives are still held accountable by our justice system off the reserve. Last I checked the islamists don't have any reserves,though they do concentrate in the ghettoes and force out the infidels through numbers and violence.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Just for fun....why don't you do a little research on what alternative dispute tribunals are and are not allowed to rule on.....when you actually know what you're talking about....then come back..... in the mean time.....read my sig and take it to heart.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
When addressing civil issues, they need to be addressed in a way that is culturally relevant to the people involved. If two people having a dispute decide to take it to a Sharia civil court, all the more power to them. It sure beats the alternatives of trying to fight it out in house doesn't it?

The bonus of course is that civil courts don't get to override the other laws, or most importantly, human rights.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
seems like a short and understated article for what basically seems to be a revolution in the UK

I would expect more detail and more outrage if this was as big as it make out. I suspect this is a colossal journalistic exaggeration

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Big deal. If two people agree to allow someone make a ruling in their civil matters in accordance with some religious observation, they have the freedom to suffer the results too.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Just for fun....why don't you do a little research on what alternative dispute tribunals are and are not allowed to rule on.....when you actually know what you're talking about....then come back..... in the mean time.....read my sig and take it to heart.
Sure,and then we will discuss your strawman argument further. In the meantime,if you haven't already,check out the video I posted....

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Sure,and then we will discuss your strawman argument further. In the meantime,if you haven't already,check out the video I posted....

Your video is no longer available.......and I have not presented any "straw man argument". You, on the other hand have shown your obvious ignorance when it comes to ADT's. Something England has had for over 10 years.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Enforceable by who's authority? Did they change their constitution?

If it is true why doesn't Dominic Grieve, (the shadow home secretary - who and whatever that is), know about it except by rumor? Sounds like a fishy story.
Something doesn't smell right about the whole thing. As he said, the law is absolute.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Except that the bilateral treaties were ratified as an alternative to a continuation of hostilities and a feeling of British guilt. The muslims in Europe are not only not welcome, but the politicians are giving into demands that the majority does not condone.

Correction ,the title of the youtube is "what islam is not". Try this link,
, it is about 8 minutes long but is worth the watch. I know some will automatically dismiss it,but maybe watch it first and then check out the figures and facts before you criticize....Psst,don't tell quandary about this.

A great video to illustrate real world examples, repeated time and again in countries across Europe. Canadians have not seen this yet, but according to the video, it'll be perhaps less than a decade away from now.

And that is working out real well.isn't it? The difference also is that natives are still held accountable by our justice system off the reserve. Last I checked the islamists don't have any reserves,though they do concentrate in the ghettoes and force out the infidels through numbers and violence.

Ditto.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Browsing from wallyj's original video, I came across
<-- Some important notes about Sharia law described on this video.