Three ladies go after a killer

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Sister sleuths investigate 1962 murder of their aunt in Saskatoon
Chris Purdy, THE CANADIAN PRESS
SASKATOON - It was 1962 when the little Cherneske girls grew frightened by the quiet and sadness that fell over their family home in Yorkton, Sask.
They were told their favourite aunt had gone to heaven and in the months that followed, they heard whispers of "murder" and promises to "get that bad man."

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]

[/FONT]

The oldest girl, 11-year-old Lorain, secretly clipped stories out of newspapers that detailed how Alexandra Wiwcharuk had been raped, beaten and buried alive on the north side of Saskatoon near the South Saskatchewan River.
"I couldn't believe this was my auntie this had happened to. I was absolutely horrified," said Lorain Phillips, now a 57-year-old married grandmother living in Victoria, B.C.
She and three of her younger sisters were unable to forget the crime and the fact police never made an arrest. It's bothered them so much that they have become amateur sleuths themselves, trying to crack the case.

The youngest in the group, 49-year-old Patty Storie of New York, explained that they waited until this year, after they had retired from their jobs and their own children had grown, to tackle the detective work full-time.

http://tinyurl.com/594b4x

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
God, I hope they catch the guy......A lot of years have gone by, but these ladies have got some surprising results.

Comments?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The retrieval of foreign DNA means a lot. Hope they keep that sample safe.

Is there a possibility that catching the killer is as simple as matching the DNA with a suspect?