Did Terrorists hit Toronto Canada?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Earlier this morning a propane depot blew up in the northwest corner in Toronto.

There is a massive evacuation of the area.

With Russia invading Georgia and the protests in Beijing are the terrorists crawling out of spider holes and creating heartache for us?

I hope the police will tell the public the truth and not hide it under a natural cause explanation.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Earlier this morning a propane depot blew up in the northwest corner in Toronto.

With Russia invading Georgia and the protests in Beijing are the terrorists crawling out of spider holes and creating heartache for us?

I hope the police will tell the public the truth and not hide it under a natural cause explanation.

.....trusting cops just causes you more problems....

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Yikes. Listening to coverage on CBC now. Explosions still happening. People still being evacuated and roads closed. My best wishes go out to all there that they stay safe. There have been no reports so far of any serious injuries but evidently houses are on fire and it will be a while before this all gets sorted out.

Terrorists? Or just lack of maintenance on some crucial infrastructure? Stay tuned.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Yikes. Listening to coverage on CBC now. Explosions still happening. People still being evacuated and roads closed. My best wishes go out to all there that they stay safe. There have been no reports so far of any serious injuries but evidently houses are on fire and it will be a while before this all gets sorted out.

Terrorists? Or just lack of maintenance on some crucial infrastructure? Stay tuned.

Terrorists?.....hardly.....the GTA is tantamount to Brooklyn.....or East Side Chicago......bet a buck on poor infrastructure maintenance.....Ole Kinty not supplying enough money.....same old.....horrible for the people involved of course.....IMO.....not to be crass or unfeeling but this was waiting to happen......

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
Yes, I agree, Scratch. Just like that bridge that went down in Minnesota, and many other things that are starting to fail and fall down on this continent. We don't need no terraists to destroy us, we're doing a fine job on our own.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Yes, I agree, Scratch. Just like that bridge that went down in Minnesota, and many other things that are starting to fail and fall down on this continent. We don't need no terraists to destroy us, we're doing a fine job on our own.

On March 1, 1965 a gas explosion in LaSalle, Quebec killed 28 people.
It started in a block of apartment buildings and spread from there.
If memory serves gas is not the energy choice in Quebec then or now but poor maintenance of the system was determined as the cause.
.......sound familiar?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
If this was caused by international terrorists,they would be the first to let us know they'd done this, so it's just the usual incompetence by a non caring corporation.

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
Sound familiar? 1965? LOL! Not likely, I was, umm, busy that year, don't remember much. Ahh, the good old days.

Actually though, yes, that was a terrible thing. And now, with so many people out of work, and so many things that need fixing, you'd think someone in charge would get a clue and put the two together.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Sound familiar? 1965? LOL! Not likely, I was, umm, busy that year, don't remember much. Ahh, the good old days.

Actually though, yes, that was a terrible thing. And now, with so many people out of work, and so many things that need fixing, you'd think someone in charge would get a clue and put the two together.

....do you mean someone like our obtuse P.M.?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California

That must have been a frightening experience for people sleeping away in Ontario at 3am...

I haven't seen an update on casualties - guess it's early still for new information. What a terrible thing.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
....do you mean someone like our obtuse P.M.?

Toronto has recently set out on a campaign to rate all their internal leafy spaces for excessive sun exposure, and has hired several folks to do the necessary surveys, and will undoubtedly spend a whole whack of cash in an attempt to allieviate the problem.......you know, the horrific problem of kiddies exposed to the sun.

David Miller and the rest of the folks that run TO are complete morons.

This is one thing you can't justifiably lay at Harper's feet.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

What if the depot blew up because of some natural reason? Would you accept that as the truth?