PETA ad compares Greyhound bus attack to slaughtering animals

An animal rights group has posted an ad on its website comparing the recent stabbing and decapitation of a young Winnipeg man to how humans kill animals for food.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said the advertisement is meant to make people understand how animals suffer when they are killed in slaughterhouses. The group posted the imageless advertisement on its blog site Wednesday.
"PETA's ad…is meant to spur people to think about the terror and pain experienced by animals who are raised and killed for food. The group aims to demonstrate that animals — just like humans — are made of flesh, blood, and bone and deserve protection from needless killing," said a statement on PETA's website, also posted Wednesday.
Tim McLean, 22, was stabbed and then beheaded by a fellow passenger as the two rode an eastbound Greyhound bus across Manitoba last Wednesday. The man accused of second-degree murder, Vince Weiguang Li, allegedly engaged in cannibalism during the attack, which occurred just west of Portage la Prairie.
Designed using large, bold type, the ad compares McLean's struggles to those endured by an animal being slaughtered for its meat. It then refers to Li's alleged act of cannibalism before saying, "It's still going on!"

Quote has been trimmed
Well, what they say is true.... I don't see why some would lose their heads over this.
lone wolf
I have never seen the slaughterhouse where they kill with a knife. PETA is a PITA
PETA is a pitiful scum sucking organization that should be ignored. Maybe then they would learn to shut up.
brilliant... they knew the ad would never run, but that they could ride the wave of media coverage and glean some free publicity out of this. They may be annoying, but they're smart.
PETA is disgusting. I'm going to order a steak today in their honour.
Wish I had a few veal chops for supper
lone wolf
I love animals.... They taste great!
The only thing PETA had going for them was when they had naked women running around protesting fur....
People Eating Tasty Animals
PETA is just pathetic.
L Gilbert
rofl I like Walter's version.
Gotta go along with Karrie here. Kinda makes you think that they do this stuff more for the funding than the actual furtherment of any campaign to end animal abuses.