Pump Prices Down

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
CBC

Canadian drivers are starting to see pump prices drop in recent weeks because of weakening demand for crude oil, according to figures published by the federal government.

Thought I should post the flip side of "Gasp! Gas prices are up again". Hopefully, it will continue to go down for a bit yet.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If you've noticed, pump prices rise in a blast, then fall back slowly to the point where the rediculous looks like a bargain. Once we've had a little breathing spave, they rocket right up again to higher levels. Market analysts have predicted a buck-and-a half litre only because that's where the speculating vultures who pull the strings want them.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One gas station had regular on at $1.34/litre yesterday in Nanaimo B.C. and I heard that prices were lower on the mainland.................It still sounds like robbery. :angryfire:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yes, it is one way of quelling the outbursts of cunsumers.
When things die down again the oil companies will cut back refining and create a shortage again. Prices go up, speculators feast, people starve, etc.
What I don't get is why prices of fuel are more expensive here than in some places east. We had $1.50 a liter here and there was an uproar in some town in Ontario over prices reaching $1.43. We are within a few hours drive from AB. They are thousands of kliks away from the nearest refinery. You email the oil companies and they say it's the individual stations. You chat to the individual stations and they say the oil companies set the prices.The whole thing sounds like straight BS to me.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
How long ago did we change from gallons to litres.....I remember the the first price for a litre of regular was 30 cents. So the price of gas has gone up by $1.04 per litre or $4.68 per gallon, at the moment...:roll:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I remember paying 37¢ per Imperial gallon in 1970 (approx) which is 9.5¢ per liter. Then we had all those wonderful dealings with OPEC and the like. Also, we have oil companies claiming they only make 22¢ per liter of gas, their CEOs making $27,000,000 per year, and the companies are reaping billions per year in profits.
I am sure we'd be doing better without large greedy companies and politics. lol

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I remember paying 37¢ per Imperial gallon in 1970 (approx) which is 9.5¢ per liter. Then we had all those wonderful dealings with OPEC and the like. Also, we have oil companies claiming they only make 22¢ per liter of gas, their CEOs making $27,000,000 per year, and the companies are reaping billions per year in profits.
I am sure we'd be doing better without large greedy companies and politics. lol

There's another thread in here ... the World ... that pretty much shows why OPEC wants big bucks. They better get it while they can because it won't be worth camel dung if they ever find a cheap and dependable alternative....