Strippers anger P.E.I. Legion member

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2008/07/25/strippers-legion.html

A troupe of male dancers from Las Vegas recently took their clothes off at the Legion in Summerside, P.E.I., and that has one member asking for an apology to the local veterans.

The Men from Las Vegas appeared at the Summerside Legion last Friday night, attracting about 200. They stripped down to their underwear, licked women in the audience, and encouraged them to come up on stage and pay for lap dances.

That has 28-year-old Wallace MacAusland outraged and disgusted. He told CBC News on Thursday that the event was in a venue that is supposed to be respectful to war veterans.

MacAusland is asking for an apology from the Legion to local veterans, or he'll tear up his membership.

"My great-great uncle was a casualty in the Second World War. His name is on the memorial at the entrance of the building," he says.

"It's a place where you can't even wear your hat in respect, and there's people taking off their clothes."
Strippers will likely appear again

MacAusland didn't attend the event, but some of his friends did. One said she was so disgusted, she left after 40 minutes.

Legion manager Robert Palmer calls the event a success, and says none of the members he spoke to had a problem with it.

"We have to survive the same as any other venue in Summerside, and to do that, we have to generate revenue. It was put on with the best of intentions, and it certainly wasn't to insult anybody."

The Legion will likely rebook the event down the road, said Palmer.

Suck it up princess... just because your uniform doesn't attract the women as much as a guy in speedos, doesn't mean you have to ruin it for everybody else.

And as with Democracy, it seems the majority of everybody else didn't give a rats ass..... so tough luck.

I say if you can goto the legion to get sh*t faced, I don't see why a few 200 women can't get a little entertainment.

Frig, it's not like they were rubbing their crotches on the legion's flag or something.