Woman with prosthetic leg attacked over parking space

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Susan describes a man slamming her car door onto her in a dispute over a parking spot.

Vancouver police say the two men in ball caps in this image from a surveillance video were involved in an assault on a disabled woman on Canada Day.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/07/09/bc-disabled-woman-attacked.html

Vancouver police are looking for two men who allegedly attacked a woman with a prosthetic leg during a dispute over a parking spot for people with disabilities.

Susan, who didn't want her last name published, was trying to park in a space for people with disabilities outside a London Drugs on Davie Street in the west end on Canada Day, Const. Tim Fanning said Wednesday.

Two muscular, able-bodied men scooped the spot, parked their vehicle in the designated spot for people with disabilities, Fanning said.

Susan parked her car on a regular spot next to the men's vehicle.

She left a note on the windshield of the men's vehicle, reminding them that it's illegal to park in a spot for people with disabilities without a permit, Fanning said.

When the pair returned, she tried to reason with them, she said. One of the men exploded with anger, she said.

"He just keeps swearing at me. He puts his parcel down in the back seat and then he goes to the front. I'm standing here.… So he whacks me into the door" of her car, she told CBC News Wednesday.

When the man noticed that she had put a note on their car, he slammed her with the door, she said.

"He threw the ripped-up notice in my car and he pushed me again. I didn't get up. I stayed down," Susan said, adding she was slightly hurt.

Vancouver police released photos of two men taken from surveillance footage at the drug store.

Police said the man who allegedly slammed her in the car door was about 5 foot 9 inches tall, 25 to 30 years old, dark-skinned, clean-shaven and had a muscular build. He was wearing a tight-fitting black T-shirt, a black baseball cap, blue jeans and white sneakers.

The other man was tall and slender, about 25 to 30 years old, and had a small tattoo on the top of his left wrist. He was wearing a khaki baseball cap, a grey T-shirt, three-quarter-length green or grey cargo pants and black and silver sneakers.

Now that's pretty pathetic.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Sounds like a couple of brave, honourable, young men. Seriously, there are too many of these jerks around. Last week a young man walked up to our car and gave my wife the finger after some perceived slight. Jan was driving and I guess he didn't see me. I got out of the car and he ran.