Former rivals Obama, Clinton campaign together

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama and former rival Hillary Clinton stand together before the start of a debate in Los Angeles in January.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/usvotes/story/2008/06/27/obama-clinton.html

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton will share the campaign stage Friday as allies for the first time since the primaries ended three weeks ago when they attend a rally in New Hampshire.

The once fierce Democratic presidential nomination rivals will appear together in the aptly chosen town of Unity, a day after they gathered for a private fundraising event in Washington, D.C.

On Thursday night, Clinton introduced Obama to her chief fundraisers. In a symbolic gesture to Clinton — who dropped out of the presidential race this month — the Illinois senator donated $4,600 to the Clinton campaign on behalf of himself and his wife to help pay off Clinton's debt of more than $20 million.

Clinton's debt includes $12 million of her own money. She has said she is not asking for help paying that back.

Behind the scenes, the two sides are said to be still negotiating just how involved Clinton — as well as her husband, former president Bill Clinton — will be in Obama's election campaign.

"I'm going to need Hillary by my side campaigning during this election, and I'm going to need all of you," Obama told more than 200 Clinton fundraisers.

The New York senator pledged to do all she can to see that her former rival is elected in November.

She said the Democrats "are a family, and we have an opportunity now to really demonstrate clearly we do know what's at stake, and we will do whatever it takes to win back this White House."

An Associated Press-Yahoo News poll released Thursday suggests Obama has won over slightly more than half of Clinton's former supporters. About a quarter of Clinton's backers said they would support Republican John McCain over Obama.

Geez.... this election is so predicable it reminds me of a Wrestling match.... all that's missing is John McCain coming from behind with a chair to the back of their heads and winning the election by cheating much like Bush did.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Who cares?

Hey, if you don't have anything worthwhile to say or post, then don't waste my fk'n time and move onto another thread. I don't go into your threads and bitch about how stupid they are or if anybody gives a sh*t, I just ignore them and if you and some other people find interest in them, so be it, knock yourselves out.

I would have figured you could have exerted a bit more effort into your posting besides 2 words.... if you don't care.... then state why, if not, piss off then.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama and former rival Hillary Clinton stand together before the start of a debate in Los Angeles in January.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/usvotes/story/2008/06/27/obama-clinton.html

Geez.... this election is so predicable it reminds me of a Wrestling match.... all that's missing is John McCain coming from behind with a chair to the back of their heads and winning the election by cheating much like Bush did.

God, you guys really do love it, don't ya?

Bush for all his faults, won the 2000 election by the decision of the Supreme Court of the USA.....hardly "cheating"......he won the 2004 election fair and square, absolutely no doubt about it.......

Deal with it.

I know, I know....

"Reality is for People that can't handle drugs"

As well, McCain is a high-quality candidate in a country that is conservative at its core......don't count him out yet.

I think Obama will win..........but I wouldn't lay odds on it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
God, you guys really do love it, don't ya?

Bush for all his faults, won the 2000 election by the decision of the Supreme Court of the USA.....hardly "cheating"......he won the 2004 election fair and square, absolutely no doubt about it.......

Deal with it.

Really? Shows what you truly know. It wasn't fair, and it certainly wasn't square. Gore won the majority of votes, while Bush won through Electoral College votes through the State in which he had family running things. Not to mention the poorly designed butterfly ballots everybody keeps talking about..... not to mention Jeb Bush illegally removed 57,700 voters from their rolls which was estimated that 90% of them were democrats.

Fair Indeed:

"CNN reports that the confusing butterfly ballot used in Florida's Palm Beach County cost Gore 6,607 votes. This means that Gore actually beat Bush in Florida by 6,070 votes. Thus Gore won BOTH the popular vote and, by rights, the Electoral College vote."

Among many other things:

"“The review found that the result would have been different if every canvassing board in every county had examined every undervote, a situation that no election or court authority had ordered. Gore had called for such a statewide manual recount if Bush would agree, but Bush rejected the idea and there was no mechanism in place to conduct one.” Martin Merzer, “Review of Ballots Finds Bush's Win Would Have Endured Manual Recount,” Miami Herald, April 4, 2001."

And the Big factor:

Congressional Black Caucus members tried to object to the election outcome on the floor of the House; no Senator would sign the objections:

“While Vice President Al Gore appeared to have accepted his fate contained in two wooden ballot boxes, Democratic members of the Congressional Black Caucus tried repeatedly to challenge the assignment of Florida's 25 electoral votes to Bush…. More than a dozen Democrats followed suit, seeking to force a debate on the validity of Florida's vote on the grounds that all votes may not have been counted and that some voters were wrongly denied the right to vote.” Susan Milligan, “It’s Really Over: Gore Bows Out Gracefully,” Boston Globe, January 7, 2001."

"The Congressional Black Caucus effort failed for “lack of the necessary signature by any senator.” Sen. Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD) had previously advised Democratic senators not to cooperate. ‘They did not.’” Robert Novak, “Sweeney Link Won't Help Chao,” Chicago Sun-Times, January 14, 2001."

Or how about:

“Shouting slogans like ‘Hail to the Thief’ and ‘Selected, Not Elected,’ tens of thousands of protesters descended on George W. Bush's inaugural parade route yesterday to proclaim that he and Vice President Dick Cheney had ‘stolen’ the election.” Michael Kranish and Sue Kirchhoff, “Thousands Protest ‘Stolen’ Election,” Boston Globe, January 21, 2001.

“Scuffles erupted between radicals and riot police while an egg struck the bullet-proof presidential limousine as it carried Mr. Bush and wife Laura to the White House.” Damon Johnston, “Bush Pledges Justice as Critics Throw Eggs,” The Advertisers, January 22, 2001.

Apparently many others don't or didn't share your point of view as it being fair.

And don't get me started on the 2004 election, cuz I got plenty on that one as well. Bush is a corrupt troll.

I know, I know....

"Reality is for People that can't handle drugs"

Sez the guy who backs up the president with the cocaine habbit.

As well, McCain is a high-quality candidate in a country that is conservative at its core......don't count him out yet.

I won't count him out until the entire election is rig-proof.

I think Obama will win..........but I wouldn't lay odds on it.

Unfortunatly if Obama wins, he'll be assasinated... such is the American way.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Really? Shows what you truly know. It wasn't fair, and it certainly wasn't square. Gore won the majority of votes, while Bush won through Electoral College votes through the State in which he had family running things. Not to mention the poorly designed butterfly ballots everybody keeps talking about..... not to mention Jeb Bush illegally removed 57,700 voters from their rolls which was estimated that 90% of them were democrats.

Fair Indeed:

"CNN reports that the confusing butterfly ballot used in Florida's Palm Beach County cost Gore 6,607 votes. This means that Gore actually beat Bush in Florida by 6,070 votes. Thus Gore won BOTH the popular vote and, by rights, the Electoral College vote."

Among many other things:

"“The review found that the result would have been different if every canvassing board in every county had examined every undervote, a situation that no election or court authority had ordered. Gore had called for such a statewide manual recount if Bush would agree, but Bush rejected the idea and there was no mechanism in place to conduct one.” Martin Merzer, “Review of Ballots Finds Bush's Win Would Have Endured Manual Recount,” Miami Herald, April 4, 2001."

And the Big factor:

Congressional Black Caucus members tried to object to the election outcome on the floor of the House; no Senator would sign the objections:

“While Vice President Al Gore appeared to have accepted his fate contained in two wooden ballot boxes, Democratic members of the Congressional Black Caucus tried repeatedly to challenge the assignment of Florida's 25 electoral votes to Bush…. More than a dozen Democrats followed suit, seeking to force a debate on the validity of Florida's vote on the grounds that all votes may not have been counted and that some voters were wrongly denied the right to vote.” Susan Milligan, “It’s Really Over: Gore Bows Out Gracefully,” Boston Globe, January 7, 2001."

"The Congressional Black Caucus effort failed for “lack of the necessary signature by any senator.” Sen. Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD) had previously advised Democratic senators not to cooperate. ‘They did not.’” Robert Novak, “Sweeney Link Won't Help Chao,” Chicago Sun-Times, January 14, 2001."

Or how about:

“Shouting slogans like ‘Hail to the Thief’ and ‘Selected, Not Elected,’ tens of thousands of protesters descended on George W. Bush's inaugural parade route yesterday to proclaim that he and Vice President Dick Cheney had ‘stolen’ the election.” Michael Kranish and Sue Kirchhoff, “Thousands Protest ‘Stolen’ Election,” Boston Globe, January 21, 2001.

“Scuffles erupted between radicals and riot police while an egg struck the bullet-proof presidential limousine as it carried Mr. Bush and wife Laura to the White House.” Damon Johnston, “Bush Pledges Justice as Critics Throw Eggs,” The Advertisers, January 22, 2001.

Apparently many others don't or didn't share your point of view as it being fair.

And don't get me started on the 2004 election, cuz I got plenty on that one as well. Bush is a corrupt troll.

Sez the guy who backs up the president with the cocaine habbit.

I won't count him out until the entire election is rig-proof.

Unfortunatly if Obama wins, he'll be assasinated... such is the American way.

Geez, you are quite often sensible, but you seem to be slipping off into whackiness......

Tell the Supreme Court Bush stole the 2000 election. Just silly.....the Electoral College is an anachronism, IMHO, but it is how the game is played down south.........

Even Al Gore conceded defeat .......the Electoral College is as legitimate as it can be, if the Yanks didn't like it, they'd amend the Constitution......

And funny, you didn't talk about the 2004 election..........

I hope and pray, should Obama win, that he serve out his term..........assasination would be a complete disaster for the United States.......

I'm surprized you're not sighting in your rifle.....

If McCain wins, and I fervently hope he does, it will be fair and square. McCain proved a long time ago that he is an exceptionally honourable man.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Geez, you are quite often sensible, but you seem to be slipping off into whackiness......

That's my way :p ~ I can't stay sensable all the time.

Tell the Supreme Court Bush stole the 2000 election. Just silly.....the Electoral College is an anachronism, IMHO, but it is how the game is played down south.........

I don't disagree there, but I personally still don't think it's right.... oh well, not my country.

Even Al Gore conceded defeat .......the Electoral College is as legitimate as it can be, if the Yanks didn't like it, they'd amend the Constitution......

And funny, you didn't talk about the 2004 election..........

Not yet, until it becomes rellivent. But to add a vauge opinion on the matter, ever since those electronic voting systems came into play in the US, my level of trust on how accurate and truthful these elections are has dropped. Not just towards the Republicans, but anybody can rig those things in one fashion or another, and I just don't think they were tested completely and made secure before they were put into action. I have read up and seen video footage of just how easily they can be hacked.

I hope and pray, should Obama win, that he serve out his term..........assasination would be a complete disaster for the United States.......

I'm surprized you're not sighting in your rifle.....

If McCain wins, and I fervently hope he does, it will be fair and square. McCain proved a long time ago that he is an exceptionally honourable man.

I'm not an assassin.... yet. I have no logical reason to be one either.... and I sure as hell have no intention to get involved in such a situation with a forign country's election of leaders like that.

Between McCain and Obama, I would much rather Obama win..... but based on previous examples of presidents who seemed to be about to bring some good change for the people of the US, they are continually assassinated, due to some religious, racist, or otherwise belief.... who is behind those assassinations is questionable, but the given reasons are usually pretty petty imo.

I wouldn't want him assassinated, in fact I wouldn't want any US president assassinated, including Bush (As odd as that may sound) But I would like to see those who have a problem with a president of the US, to seek proper legal action against them to keep them in check if possible.

And that is what urks me about the US people, is that there is so much one could impeach Bush... far more then there was to impeach Clinton, but he continually goes unchecked through his entire presidency. It's as though they're willing to keep a criminal as their leader. They impeach Clinton over a blow job and Bush's administration pretty well lied to the entire country to goto war and kill thousands of US soldiers for a war in which should have never happened in the first place....... and yet nothing is done, be that impeachment of Bush, or seeking alternative criminal charges against those under him for the information used in starting the current messes we're all in..... it just doesn't make any sense to me.

As I see it anyways. Then again, maybe I just don't get it.

Last edited: