British soldier has his throat slit at Sandhurst military academy

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A British Army Gurkha is fighting for his life after his wife slit his throat at the world famous Sandhurst Military Academy in Berkshire.

Sandhurst is the British Army officer initial training centre.

The British Army's Gurkhas are probably the world's most fearsome, and fearless, soldiers, and carry their deadly Kukri knives with them into battle. According to legend, a Gurkhas "never sheaths his blade without first drawing blood."

It may have been a Kukri knife which was used in this attack...

Sandhurst Gurkha fighting for life after wife slits his throat at the military academy

By Nick Mcdermott
29th May 2008
Daily Mail

A British Army Gurkha serving at Sandhurst is fighting for his life after his throat was slit by his wife at the military academy.

Detectives are looking at whether the soldier's own Kukri blade - a traditional Gurkha weapon - was used in the attack.

The 40-year-old was last night described as being in a serious but stable condition, while his 42-year-old wife was detained under the Mental Health Act.

It is believed the couple's 10-year-old daughter witnessed the bloody attack on her father.

Following the incident, paramedics rushed the stricken soldier to Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey.

The British Army's Gurkhas often parade at the Sandhurst Military Academy

A Thames Valley Police spokesman confirmed a man was taken to hospital after an attack at the world-famous military academy.

He said: 'A 40-year-old man suffered serious injuries at Sandhurst. A woman has been detained under the Mental Health Act.

'Officers are investigating the details of the attack, including what weapon was used.'

Detectives are considering whether a Kukri knife was used

A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said: 'We can confirm that a member of military staff at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst was admitted to hospital on 26 May following a domestic incident. The incident is being investigated by Thames Valley Police and it would not be appropriate to comment further.'

The attack is the second scandal to hit Sandhurst in the past year.

Last August, detectives arrested a serviceman on suspicion of attempted murder after a woman officer cadet who plunged 30ft from a window at Sandhurst.

Amii Calway, 23, received head and internal injuries after the fall from a second-floor room.

But eight months later she faced the sack after allegedly smuggling a corporal into her room after a party, sparking a full-scale disciplinary investigation.

Her boyfriend, Lt David Freeman, proposed at her bedside while she was recovering from the fall but the engagement is now believed to be off after the latest scandal.

dailymail.co.uk

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Hey I have one of those.... well I used to, now my cousin has it. But he mentioned he'd drop it back off to me next time he's in the city..... gotta build the knife collection back up again.

Pretty effective blade I must say.... hate to have one pass though my throat mind you.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Ouchh!!!! Double Ouchh!!!

Hey I have one of those.... well I used to
, now my cousin has it. But he mentioned he'd drop it back off to me next time he's in the city..... gotta build the knife collection back up again.

Pretty effective blade
I must say.... hate to have one pass though my throat mind you.

I brought it in a westlondon shop in a place called Southall i grew up there years ago it is an Asian ethnic population that live there then ,well picking up a knife ,or a sword like that is easy, as sikhs wear it as religious apparelled, "they are exempt from the law,and may carry them openly",there are 5 things that they should wear the "sash", the "turban", the "knife",and two others i don't remember the others. My point about this weapons is. That knife in photo,could chop a bar-stool in half with one chop, if she hit him with that he is going to be in a very bad way !!!. But also in the sheath of the "knife" shown there are two smaller knifes each about 3"inches long,small stiletto types really sharp used for skinning, these would have done the job "easier" and "quicker". But all the same No thanks i still wouldn't want to get hit by one Ouchh!!!! Double Ouchh!!!!:-:)-:)-(.....