McCain predicts victory in Iraq by 2013

#1 (external - login to view)

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Republican John McCain declared for the first time Thursday he believes the Iraq war can be won by 2013, but he rejected suggestions his talk of a timetable put him on the same side as Democrats clamouring for full-scale troop withdrawals.

The Republican presidential contender, in a speech that also envisioned Osama bin Laden dead or captured, said only a small number of U.S. troops would remain in Iraq by the end of a prospective first term.

*coughcoughBull****coughcough* Gotta love those miricle visions with no actual explination as to how he plans to acomplish this.... all for some votes of the ignorant.

You know, without any actual solid explinations, I can predict that super evolved Puffins rule Pluto and are planning to invade us in 3 years.

This is because al-Qaida would have been defeated and Iraq’s government would be functioning on its own, McCain said.

OOOOOooooooohhhhh..... Ok..... that just explained everything....... (moron)

"By January 2013, America has welcomed home most of the servicemen and women who have sacrificed terribly so that America might be secure in her freedom. The Iraq War has been won," McCain told an audience of several hundred.

That's a nice storybook tale.... if people fall for this twit, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Later as he drove to the airport on his Straight Talk Express campaign bus, McCain was peppered with questions from reporters about the timetable.

He and his aides insisted there is a difference between ending the war and bringing troops home and, as they criticize the Democrats, announcing a withdrawal without regard for the military endgame.

"It’s not a timetable; it’s victory. It’s victory, which I have always predicted," McCain said. "I didn’t know when we were going to win World War II; I just knew we were going to win."

*smacks head* Holy sweet jesus batman...... Yeah.... and the Nazis knew they were going to win too.... unfortunatly only one side actually wins and the final outcome isn't all that easy to predict. It all boils down to which side will make the most mistakes.... and McCain is already on the right track.

In the primary campaign, Arizona senator and Vietnam veteran had criticized former Republican rival Mitt Romney for hinting at a timetable.

Democrats challenged McCain’s comments, led by presidential contender Hillary Rodham Clinton.

In a statement, the New York senator dismissed McCain and said he "promises more of the same Bush policies that have weakened our military, our national security and our standing in the world."

That's about spot on if you ask me.... you can hype everybody up to think you're going to win and smack some asses around, but if you don't have a friggin plan, then you're just shooting nothing but hot air.....

Other Democrats equated McCain’s comment with President George W. Bush’s May 1, 2003, speech on the deck of an aircraft carrier displaying a Mission Accomplished banner.

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean said: "The reality behind Senator McCain’s new rhetoric is that his plans either ignore the problems he identifies or actually makes them worse."

Outlining other potential achievements of a first term, the 71-year-old McCain predicted a world in which the Taliban threat in Afghanistan has been greatly reduced.

"The increase in actionable intelligence that the counterinsurgency produced led to the capture or death of Osama bin Laden, and his chief lieutenants. . . . There still has not been a major terrorist attack in the United States since Sept. 11, 2001."

Gee, I wonder why?

FFS.... I just had to read this didn't I?
He probably meant 3102. Didn't he also say 100 years not too long ago?
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

He probably meant 3102. Didn't he also say 100 years not too long ago?

Or perhaps he meant the mission in Irak will last 2013 years...
lone wolf
The win will be identical to the one in Vietnam....

He is very tiring to listen to, and he seems sort of confused sometimes, as though
he isn't sure 'what' he wants to talk about.

I hope they have a big old rocking chair in the white house, if he happens to land there,
but no fear, cause Obama will be there, with his smart wife, and kids, and the place
will be very active and busy, with lots of youthful excuberance and vitality.

I am looking forward to O bama having lots of dialogue with many countries, including the
ones that bush ignores, won't talk to, and calls all of them 'evil', well, the only evil is
right under his own nose, and in his own mirror.

It's easy to call others 'names', as that is what children do when they can't think of anything intelligent to say in return ,'hence', bush and mc cain.