Iranian leader questions Sept.11 events

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/04/16/iranattacks.html

Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad expressed doubt Wednesday about the accepted version of events during al-Qaeda attacks in the United States on Sept. 11, 2001.

Ha ha... here we go again....

In a speech broadcast live on state television, Ahmadinejad called the attack a pretext that was used to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

Though Iran has condemned the al-Qaeda attacks on New York and Washington in the past, this was the third time in a week Ahmadinejad questioned the death toll, who was behind the attacks and how it happened.

Ahmadinejad told Iranians in the holy city of Qom that the event was "suspicious" and that the names of the people killed were never published.

On the last anniversary of the attacks, the names of 2,750 victims killed in New York were read aloud at a memorial ceremony there.

In the past, Ahmadinejad has said that the attack was "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S." and it should not be turned into another Holocaust and "be used for slaughtering people."

Wait a min.... although there might be a slight bit of sense to where he's coming from.... how can he relate this to the Holocaust if he also questions the Holocaust?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Not the same thing Prax...

If the Jewish Holocaust was a fiction...then similarly the WTC events were a fiction...

Now when I (that's me...) suggest that there is an element of fiction to both events, I'm suggesting that there's more to the story than only what the U.S. and Israel claim as the "truth" behind these events. And like so many things, if there is an unpleasant truth being hidden, the chances of anyone finding out about it are extremely remote. I think the connection he's making is between the rationale for the creation of the Israeli nation and the invasion of Afghanistan... If we're prepared (and it seems we are) to suspend the rights of one people and take their land....invade their country on the basis of "If yer not with us then yer a terrorist..." then we're prepared to rationalize anything by anything...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not the same thing Prax...

If the Jewish Holocaust was a fiction...then similarly the WTC events were a fiction...

Now when I (that's me...) suggest that there is an element of fiction to both events, I'm suggesting that there's more to the story than only what the U.S. and Israel claim as the "truth" behind these events. And like so many things, if there is an unpleasant truth being hidden, the chances of anyone finding out about it are extremely remote. I think the connection he's making is between the rationale for the creation of the Israeli nation and the invasion of Afghanistan... If we're prepared (and it seems we are) to suspend the rights of one people and take their land....invade their country on the basis of "If yer not with us then yer a terrorist..." then we're prepared to rationalize anything by anything...

or maybe he is just an arse.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Fair enough, I didn't look at it as a fiction on fiction, but a fiction on reality that wasn't believed to be..... I guess those are the same thing, just by different perspective.

givpeaceachance

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2008
I would like to hear some concrete evidence from him on both events.

Concrete Evidence? Since when has concrete evidence meant anything to anybody? If it did, there would be no Iraq OR Afghanistan in the first place!!!!

The fact is that, so far, everything that's been going on has been due to speculation and proven fallacy so why would you come down on what this guy has said. It's kinda like "I'll swallow this steaming pile o' $#!t but NOT that one!".

I think his opinion on 9/11 sounds a little less outlandish than some of the bs the U.S. admin said about what happened and didn't happen that day.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Apparantly Mahmood Ahmadinejad said that, the proof that 911 didn't happen as the u.s.
government says, is that the planes could not have entered the u.s. without being spotted by radar. daaa the planes were u.s. planes carrying passengers , who had
purchased tickets. :roll:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Maybe Mahmoud is jealous of the attention China is getting of late in the Western media.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Concrete Evidence? Since when has concrete evidence meant anything to anybody? If it did, there would be no Iraq OR Afghanistan in the first place!!!!

The fact is that, so far, everything that's been going on has been due to speculation and proven fallacy so why would you come down on what this guy has said. It's kinda like "I'll swallow this steaming pile o' $#!t but NOT that one!".

I think his opinion on 9/11 sounds a little less outlandish than some of the bs the U.S. admin said about what happened and didn't happen that day.
I haven't swallowed either pile of **** yet. But it would be nice if A. would present real evidence instead of throwing hints around. Whether I will swallow it or not depends on the "smell"!!