RCMP raid Tory headquarters

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/04/15/rcmp-tories.html

RCMP are conducting a raid on Conservative party headquarters in Ottawa on Tuesday in connection with an investigation into spending on election advertising.

The Mounties, who have a search warrant, say they are assisting Elections Canada.

Conservative party spokesman Ryan Sparrow had no comment as he entered headquarters.

The issue involves party spending during the campaign for the 2006 parliamentary election.

The party gave $1.2 million to local candidates who hadn't reached their spending limits. That money was then returned to the party, which spent it on regional television and radio ads.

Elections Canada alleges that money drove the party over the $18.3-million spending limit for federal elections.

Dun dun dun!!!!

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
OOOooohh I might have to actually hook up my TV to catch the 6 o'clock news, between Hillier "deciding" to step down and this little deal there should be some decent footage. I hope Harper tries to suck the blood out of a few RCMP officers and make them into vampires.. THAT would be good TV

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I hope they tazerd the lot of them Mabudon there could be nothing finer that writhing conservatives conducting high voltage in our nations capital. Field Marshall R Von Hillobeans departure saddens me, he was a loose cannon on the deck of the sloop con11 and could have sunk her if given more time, I suppose he'll have to take a job with some american arms dealers.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
The thing that irks me is... isn't this exactly (or similar) to why we kicked the Liberals out in the first place? (screwing aruond with money)

Glad I never voted for either. Guess my spidy senses are still sharp.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
What a scandal! At least the Liberals would have used taxpayers money instead of private money. The Cons can't even get a scandal right.