To hell with Common Sense

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I can't be the only one who thinks this would be a slam dunk, open and shut investigation...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/01/AR2008040101090_pf.html

However, the pansies in Maryland can't seem to be bothered by the obvious rightousness of a 12 year old boy defending his mother.

I'll go ahead and put Maryland on the list of States I 'll never live in.

Md. Boy, 12, Kills Man Attacking Mother
Officials Undecided On Filing Charges

[SIZE=-1]By Avis Thomas-Lester and Hamil R. Harris
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, April 2, 2008; A01
[/SIZE]
The 12-year-old boy had finished his homework and was playing a video game when he heard his mother cry out. Rushing to her aid, he found her on the kitchen floor, straddled by a fellow resident of their Prince George's County boarding house, the man's hands wrapped tightly around her neck, the boy said yesterday.
"I kept saying, 'Stop! Stop! Stop!' " the boy said, describing the events of Monday night. "But he just ignored me. He didn't stop. He just kept hurting her."
The boy said he grabbed a knife and swung, slashing 64-year-old Salomon Noubissie across the neck and opening an artery. Noubissie was fatally wounded.
The mother, Cheryl Stamp, said she did not immediately understand what had happened. "What did you do?" she said she asked her son.
"He didn't say anything," she said. "But I knew when I looked in his eyes. I said, 'Oh, Lord.' "
Law enforcement officials were reviewing evidence yesterday and had not decided whether to file charges. Their preliminary account of the incident broadly matches that of the boy and his mother.
The case presents exceedingly unusual circumstances: Rarely is a 12-year-old implicated in a homicide, and even less often does a child that age take a life to protect his mother.
"In Maryland, there can be a legitimate defense of third parties in the event of a violent attack," State's Attorney Glenn F. Ivey said. "That is a possibility in this case."

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
They are undecided.... that doesn't mean they're going to arrest him.... the article states they are still reviewing evidence and the scene. Sorry, but you can't always take people for their word no matter how young they are.

It could have been justified, then it could have been a murder. Until they review all the evidence it is undecided.

Chances are by the sound of things, tomorrow or soon enough, they will say they won't lay any charges. You're rushing to conclusions, they are not. It has nothing to do with common sense, they are police officers investigating a crime scene. They are not even supposed to hint to the media what they think, they have to state officially what they determine, and until they go over everything and see that it might have been justified for defending his mother's life, they state Undecided.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
They have to cover their asses- make sure it wasn't some form of collusion between them. but if things happened the way they say it did the kid will most likley get off.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The case presents exceedingly unusual circumstances: Rarely is a 12-year-old implicated in a homicide, and even less often does a child that age take a life to protect his mother.

And probably even less is a 12-year-old exposed to these circumstances. Case closed. Coroner's inquest would determine it to be justifiable homicide - or better yet, death by misadventure (unless some ambulance chaser cons the deceased's kin into mining it)

Woof!

Last edited: