Royal Canadian Air Farce calling it quits

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/04/01/air-farce.html

The Royal Canadian Air Farce, one of Canada's longest-running comedy troupes, is wrapping up its weekly television show next season, CBC announced Tuesday.

The sketch comedy show will produce nine shows in the fall, then end with a New Years Eve special.

It made its CBC Radio debut in December 1973, producing more than 600 radio broadcasts over 24 years.

After brief stints on television in the 1980s, Air Farce took up its permanent place on the CBC-TV roster in 1993. It ran on radio and television for four seasons before moving exclusively to TV in 1997.

In 2007, the show returned to a live format with Air Farce Live.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
That's funny because just last night I was on a website that was just thrashing the show, calling it TV for the geriatrics. I kinda like the comedy myself.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Ustabee funny.

Got too same ol same ol, unfortunately. Like Dwayne and Lester....Wayne and ??? Ah well.........

Had a good run though.

Shyte!! We still have to suffer through this season............:lol: If we watch it.

Speaking of comedy.................well, I was............check out Robbin Williams on You Tube. There's some routines on there I never saw before...........Guaranteed to crack ya up.......maybe..........*language* warning for all you gentle souls.

:read2:

QuadK

Nov 12, 2006
U.S.
www.soundclick.com
AHWW Damn that was furkin funny Nuggler. I like your signature I was crackin up. Poor Eunuchs. I personally can't stand Robbin Williams after watching his American Famous stand up from the seventies but have also found non existant things on the tube.

faithlessforeve

Nominee Member
Jan 28, 2008
Yeah, unless you find Canadian politics interesting, it probably wouldn't have made it down there. Of course I found it funny here and there, but it usually just poked fun at our already boring politics.

If you are from the maritimes, you could actually relate to alot of its jokes!! At least i could, and to be able to laugh at it made you feel like we were all in it together....
Which is why I enjoy CBC Radio....it unites Canada, or it use to.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I'm with Nugg on this one. Years ago it was sharp and naughty enough (novel one might say) to inspire a smile but for far too long now it's been rehashed this and repeated that and as Nugg says...same ole same ole.

Good bye and good riddance.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Shyte!! We still have to suffer through this season............:lol: If we watch it.

He he, that's what you think.... there's still the Comedy Network's re-runs from 93' and on you'll have to put up with..... if you watch them.

Nothing beats watching outdated political jokes about politicians most probably don't remember anymore, thereby losing any and all humor that might have existed in the first place.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
If you are from the maritimes, you could actually relate to alot of its jokes!! At least i could, and to be able to laugh at it made you feel like we were all in it together....

FF; exactly! Somewhere along the line we seem to have lost that "we're all in this together" feeling, doncha think?

Think the spin doctors have created (at their masters' command) a slurry where all the little pieces that come through the turbines go in different directions, rendering then ineffective as a whole?

So we all fight amongst ourselves and the dickheads get elected based on an underlying platform of regional, religious, and class-based animosity.

Jest a thought.

8Omy brain hurts

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Yeah my parents used to watch Air Farce and 22 Minutes.... 22 Minutes took a while to evolve to something funny. Not too bad today, but I still don't watch it much. I used to see a few of the case walking downtown Hali from 22 Minutes, Stree Cents, etc...

My ex saw Corey and Trevor from Trailer Park Boys strolling through the mall a few years back.... we're loaded with celebs around here :roll: