Indonesian protesters call for death of Dutch anti-Islam filmmaker

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/03/31/fitna-protests.html

Outcry over a Dutch politician's anti-Islam film continued Monday, with hard-line Muslims in Indonesia calling for the man's death.

A group of about 40 demonstrators from the Islamic Defenders Front gathered outside the Dutch Embassy in Jakarta, some of them carrying placards saying "Kill Geert Wilders," the film's creator.

"It is a great insult to all Muslims," said the group's spokesman Soleh Mahmud, who admitted he has not seen the film but was outraged nonetheless.

:roll:

"The Dutch government must arrest him. Wilders must be killed because he has declared war on Muslims."

In neighbouring Malaysia, the Foreign Ministry described the film as disrespectful and insensitive, while the opposition Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party has sent a note to the Dutch Embassy, saying the movie would "invite vengeance" from Muslims if was not retracted.
Calls for Dutch boycott

The party urged Muslims "all over the world" to boycott Dutch products in protest, echoing a similar call by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad this weekend.

"We hope the protests by Muslims all around the world can be taken as our disapproval against any insult and attempts to deceive the world of the true picture of Islam," the party's youth leader, Salahuddin Ayub, said in a statement.

Tell you what then... how about all you PO'd Muslims make your own movie as you see your religion for us to see what it's truly all about.... if not, STFU.

Dozens of Islamists in Pakistan have also protested the 15-minute film Fitna — the Qur'anic term for "strife" — which was released Thursday night on the internet by right-wing Dutch legislator Geert Wilders after broadcasters in the Netherlands refused to show it.

15 Minutes? That's about as long as a Robot Chicken episode....

The film quotes verses of the Qur'an alongside footage of the Sept. 11 attacks in the United States, at times showing graphic footage of bloody, mutilated bodies set to music, and even a beheading of a Caucasian man by men garbed in black.

Sounds like a typical film that comes from Islamic terrorists.... why are they bitching?

"The government insists that you respect Islam, but Islam has no respect for you. Islam wants to rule, submit, and seeks to destroy our Western civilization," says text appearing near the film's end that eventually calls on Europeans to defeat the ideology of Islam.

The film ends with a caricature of Muhammad, his head drawn in the shape of a bomb that explodes into a crack of thunder and lightning.
'Against all human values': Sudan president

Speaking at an Arab summit in Damascus Saturday, Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir called on Muslims to "challenge those who insult" the Prophet and proposed "a binding international charter" calling for the respect of religious beliefs.

^ Wow, now there's an idea. A charter which respects religious beliefs. All of them I am asuming? But then how far would that go?

"The offences against our Arab and Islamic nations under the banner of freedom of expression are derogatory and defamatory and go against all human values," al-Bashir said.

Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit called Wilders's film "a humiliation" to Islam.

Some Muslims, including the chairman of the moderate National Moroccan Council, Mohamed Rabbae, have called for protesters to exercise restraint and refrain from violence.

Wilders — a well-known anti-Islamist who has called for a stop to immigration from Muslim countries and a halt to the building of new mosques in his country — has said he's not against Muslims but against their faith.

Um.... that's sorta hypocritical. I like Christians, but I hate their relgion.... therefore I hate Christians.... geez... what a knob.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
"Admit that Islam is peaceful or we will kill you."

I wish they'd STFU and just "bring it" already.

Maybe eventually, the only ones left will be peaceful.

So sad that silly fables get people so wound up.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
The funny thing is it's all about freedom of speech and expression. Plenty of people complain and insult Chirsianity and many other religions for fun or whatnot.... they're not going around trying to kill people.

And besides, let them insult the religion, let them speak their minds..... if it's foolish tripe and makes no sense to what Islam really is, then it speaks for itself and shows the guys an idiot.

The fact that so many are getting PO'd over this, must mean it holds some truth to it that they do not like.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I'm still waiting for the moderate Islamists to weigh-in on this issue.......

Oh well....

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
How do these fanatics watch movies? If they want to put the clock back 500 years, shouldn't they lead by example and lose the DVD and the cell phone? All these bloody extremists - in every flavour - make Planet of the Apes all too real....

Woof!

Last edited:

QuadK

Nov 12, 2006
U.S.
www.soundclick.com
Not that it doesn't , but as you said they aren't according to their beliefs supposed to be at the movies anyway so why should I be surprised their offended by one? Everything that disagrees with their teachings ( in their eyes ) is defamatory to their religion and I ' ld like to see the movie.

QuadK

Nov 12, 2006
U.S.
www.soundclick.com
Pretty much what I expected. At first I was mad but not because I'm muslim because of all the dead. It's true when you read what it says. It's not like the Christian religion didn't have to go through some editing what with all the witch burnings and hatred of women and such. It's up to them to rewrite the folktale or cause more innocent deaths for no gain.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Apparently it isn't important enough, after all only 40 people showed up.
If you want to see what kind of reaction a little film can have, do one on the non-Christian Jews. All it would have to include are some quotes from Israel's elected politicians, there was such a post just a few days ago.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Are we really that concerned about a few dozen blow hards? 40 people? I don't really see the big deal about that.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Every time someone mentions muhammed they all go off the deep end. they should join the human race and never mind the BS. it's funny that Jesus can be insulted and nobody gives a sh*t(I'm agnostic so I don't beleive god has an entourage)