http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...ness-cure.html

Quote:

A B.C. man believes he's stumbled over a cure for baldness.

Now, Dirk Stass, who concocts herbal teas and remedies from native plants, is preparing for clinical trials on what many consider the cosmetic industry's Holy Grail.

In a recent interview with CBC News, the Cherryville man said a friend had been ribbing him about his bald spot. As a joke, Stass said, he rubbed a herbal healing tea into his scalp.

"A month and a half, maybe two months later, my then fiancée told me, 'Uh, honey, your shiny spot isn't so shiny anymore,' " Stass said.

Since then, Stass has tried out the formula on balding friends and family members. The results have been so impressive, he's applied for an international patent.

"I stumbled across a recipe that rejuvenates the epidermis, and therefore cleanses the hair follicles, and therefore regrows hair — to a degree," Stass said.

The tonic won't turn a bald man into a human Chia Pet, Stass said. Testing with friends and family has shown some hair growth, but the tonic seems more effective at stopping hair loss.

Nevertheless, Stass's product has huge potential, patent agent Vince Kehoe said.
"Pharmaceutical companies [and] shampoo companies are trying to find formulas to do exactly this," Kehoe said. "There's a reason why they're doing that, and really, it doesn't get much bigger than this."

But first, Stass has to prove his product actually works. That's why he's raising money for a full clinical trial at the University of British Columbia.