I have Sanctus beat with this bit of news, holy crap!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23595533/?GT1=43001

Woman sits on boyfriends toilet for so long, her skin grows around it. She had a phobia of leaving the bathroom. She was on the crapper for two years. She must have read the entire Uncle John's Bathroom Reading series.

Let the deluge of toilet humour begin, just remember to give a courtesy flush please:lol:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I have Sanctus beat with this bit of news, holy crap!

holy crap! 8O

No really - that is shocking - poor thing - Who would let someone stay stuck in a bathroom for that long without trying to do get help for them? Will the world never run out of ways to surprise and dismay me?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
holy crap! 8O

No really - that is shocking - poor thing - Who would let someone stay stuck in a bathroom for that long without trying to do get help for them? Will the world never run out of ways to surprise and dismay me?

By the way that sheriff talks in the newsvid, seems like there's some question of mental stability in both of them. With the stigma some folks attach to a problem, I can almost understand how it went so far.

Woof!

givpeaceachance

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2008
uuuunnn . . . i don't know? This story sounds completley out if it.

I mean 2 YEARS??????

On a TOILET?????

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:tard:........Aww Jeez, Edittt, two freakin yeers on the crapper, eh!!

Yahhhhhhhhhhhhh Awchie, dat's de sh!ts fer shur eh.............

...........fade to retardation.........

So sad.

:-(

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
You know, I heard about constipation before, but.... I mean, I guess the sh*t really hit the fan when this got on the news..... maybe she forgot to just eat the corn and leave the cob and something got stuck.... I've heard of feeling a little crappy, but this takes the cake.... is this what women mean when they say they fell in and why we should keep the seat down?

ok and now with that out of the system, time to read the article:

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

Why? For being an idiot and putting up with a usless girlfriend who sat her ass on a toilet for 2 years of her life?

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

“And her reply would be, ‘Maybe tomorrow,”’ Whipple said. “According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom.”

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that “there was something wrong with his girlfriend,” Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Because he's an Inbred Re*ard? I dunno... who the hell would put up with a boyfriend or girlfriend who sat on a toilet for two years of their life? Guilt Trips?

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was “somewhat disoriented,” and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

“She said that she didn’t need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave,” he said.

Didn't want to leave? Women, gtf off my toilet and gtf out of my home! Go get a job and pay for some of that damn food you keep crapping out in one spot!

Some people I tells ya... they just need a good swift kick in the arse.... if you can reach it.

Seriously, how can someone have empathy/sypathy/feel sorry for someone in this situation? She's an adult, she did it to herself apparently, there's nobody else to blame in this matter. She's an idiot. Regardless if she had a mental condition, if she did, then where the hell were her parents to check on her in two years? Dead? No wait, let me guess.... they're back home stuck on their toilets too?

Man, must suck having ass suction as they do to have their bodies become one with the porcelain.

Oh ok, did I goto far now? Shall I be stricken down by a lightning bolt while I have a crap someday and become fused with the toilet to teach me a lesson?

That won't matter, because I won't be stupid enough to wait two years to get some help!

BAM! OH SNAP!

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Update: (From CTV of all places)

Sheriff recommends charge in toilet case
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080313/toilet_case_080313/20080313?hub=World

NESS CITY, Kan. -- A man should be charged for allowing his girlfriend to sit on their toilet so long that her body became stuck to the seat, the sheriff said Thursday.

Well their Sheriff is an idiot too.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple was among authorities who discovered the woman last month living in the bathroom of a mobile home she shared with her boyfriend, Kory McFarren.

"The house was cluttered but not in shambles," he said. "The smell was overpowering -- a terrible smell about the house, obviously coming from where she was at."

McFarren, 36, told police his girlfriend, Pam Babcock, 35, had a phobia about leaving the bathroom and may not have left the bathroom in two years, although he's unsure how long she was in there.

He said during that time, he brought her food, water, and clean clothes.

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," he told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The sheriff said that judging by the woman's condition -- she had open sores on which the toilet seat would stick -- it appeared she likely sat on the toilet continually for at least a month.

"She would have to be sleeping on the toilet," the sheriff said.

Whipple asked the county attorney to charge McFarren for mistreatment of a dependent adult. The prosecutor did not return phone calls seeking comment.

"The unfortunate thing is this truly is a case of two people, in my opinion, with diminished mental capacity," Whipple said.

So charge the guy who was smarter to not sit on a toilet for years? Ok.... :angry3:

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has been taking care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together. He insisted that he tried to coax her out of the bathroom every day. The home has a second bathroom.

McFarren said he finally called police Feb. 27 after he became worried because Babcock was acting groggy, as if she didn't know what was going on around her.

What emergency responders found when they entered the bathroom has left many in the town of about 1,500 people buzzing and authorities incredulous.

Whipple said the seat was taken off the toilet so the woman could be transported to the hospital for treatment.

Doctors at the Wichita hospital told the boyfriend an infection in her legs has damaged her nerves and may leave her in a wheelchair, he said.

Sure.... what a tragidy.... the one friggin person who stayed with her to take care of her, now gets thrown in the spot light as the bad guy for her own stupidity? No other parents, family, friends, nothing.... nobody else came along to help out the situation or even to say hi and see how things were going, and when he finally figures something serious is actually happening (I would have figured after day one, but meh) now suddenly he's the bad guy?

This moron Sheriff and the whole damn community should be charged for gossiping do-nothings themselves.

But hey... you can't arrest and charge people for not coming over to visit or to help... so why should this boyfriend be charged because she wouldn't get off her own ass? Both are adults, this was done by her decision alone, and he only got help when she looked like she was no longer of sound mind (well... less then before)

They're not married and he didn't force her to stay on the toilet, but actually tried to talk her off..... hell, if he tried to physically pull her off, he'd be charged with abuse.... so which is it?

Stupid world with its stupid people.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
She is considered a dependent adult, which means yes, he has a legal obligation to seek help for her equivalent to what he would be obligated to for a child. You don't leave someone in that kind of state and not seek help. Clearly she was not in her right mind. This isn't a matter of 'her own choice' anymore than coughing up blood is the 'choice' of someone with TB.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
She is considered a dependent adult, which means yes, he has a legal obligation to seek help for her equivalent to what he would be obligated to for a child. You don't leave someone in that kind of state and not seek help. Clearly she was not in her right mind. This isn't a matter of 'her own choice' anymore than coughing up blood is the 'choice' of someone with TB.

There is no such thing as legal obligation to seek help for anything for anyone who is not in your legal care... this was a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and last I check my girlfriend isn't sitting at home waiting for me to change her diaper. Unless he signed documents that he would accept legal responsibility for her, then he could have left the place and never come back and they couldn't do a lickin thing to him. Added: checking on information about Dependant Adult, all I see are things for choosing a proper guardian, and what to do about elder abuse.

There's such thing as a moral obligation, but that is not legal... and that is all there is here unless they prove he was her legal guardian... and if he was her legal guardian, then someone somewhere royally screwed up and they should be the ones charged, not him.

If I wanted to be an evil bastard, and I seen some old lady getting beating by a bunch of punks, I may feel I should call the police and report the crime and maybe help the lady..... but I have no legal obligation to help and I could just walk away and do nothing.

And just because the Sheriff claims she's a "Dependant Adult" doesn't actually make it so. There's tests and proceedures for those sort of things.

"Whipple asked the county attorney to charge McFarren for mistreatment of a dependent adult. The prosecutor did not return phone calls seeking comment.

"The unfortunate thing is this truly is a case of two people, in my opinion, with diminished mental capacity," Whipple said."

So once again, if by his profound expert opinion on mental illnesses, that they are both subjective to dimished mental capacity, then how the hell does he think he can charge him for her stupidity, when he was the one who actually called to get help in the first place?

Why didn't she?

Once again.... where are the parents of these two, or better yet.... any of their families to leave these two together with their "diminished mental compacities?"

There are plenty of people who have plenty of phobias, such as leaving the house, eating a certain food, talking to certain type of people, and the sort..... many people with these problem can and usually will live their entire lives with these conditions, will refuse any help, and continue to stay in their homes probably for the rest of their lives.

The boyfriend seems to be getting the flack for just being there.

Seriously, if he didn't live there, or they just were not together in the first place, she lived on her own (as it seems like nobody else was around to do anything) then when someone finally went to come for collections on overdue bills and mail piling up, and find her putrid corpse hanging off the seat of the toilet..... who's to blame?

If the Sheriff claims they both have deminished mental capacity, then I'd have to also say they're both Dependant Adults of the same nature.... so who permitted him to be responsible for her care? Who put them both up in this place and how did their lives start off? I'm pretty sure he didn't snatch her off the street to make her a pet.

Last edited: