Khadr's lawyers want names of U.S. interrogators

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

He he.... sounds like his lawyers are on the ball at least:

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/03/13/khadr-interrogators.html

Lawyers for Omar Khadr are asking a U.S. military judge for the names of interrogators who questioned the Canadian citizen in Afghanistan in an attempt to prove he was tortured.

Khadr's lawyers were to appear at a pretrial hearing Thursday for the 21-year-old, who has been held at the Guantanamo Bay facility since his 2002 capture during a battle in Afghanistan.

He is accused of murder in the death of American medic Sgt. First Class Christopher J. Speer. Khadr is also charged with spying, conspiracy and supporting terrorism.

During questioning at a U.S.-run detention centre at the Bagram air base north of Kabul after his capture, Khadr was quoted as saying he wanted to kill a lot of American soldiers. According to the statement, Khadr said the Taliban were offering a $1,500 bounty for each U.S. soldier.

Court documents later revealed interrogators at the air base used attack dogs and hung prisoners by their wrists.

Khadr's lawyers want the chance to cross-examine the interrogators during the military tribunal. If it is proven Khadr's statement was extracted by torture, his lawyers argue it should be wiped from the record.

His trial, due to start on May 5, would likely be delayed until the summer if the judge grants Khadr's lawyers' request.

Khadr's lawyers also argue their client should be freed because trying him for crimes he allegedly committed as a minor contravenes international law. He was 15 when he was captured.

The U.S. and Canada are signatories to a United Nations protocol that states fighters under age 18 are to be considered as child soldiers. Under those international obligations, child fighters must be released and helped to reintegrate into society.

Khadr's U.S. military lawyer, Lt.-Cmdr. Bill Kuebler, alleges Khadr has been threatened with rendition to places where he would be raped. Kuebler also said he believes allegations Khadr has been beaten, has had dogs turned on him and is nearly blind. Earlier reports said Khadr is blind in one eye, with deteriorating sight in his other eye.

Last month, a trio of opposition MPs called for Ottawa to intervene in the case.

About 275 men are being held at the military base on suspicion they are linked to al-Qaeda or the Taliban. Thirteen of the prisoners have been charged.

The heavily criticized military tribunal system has yet to complete a trial.

Original rules allowed the military to exclude the defendant from his own trial, permitted statements made under torture, and forbade appeal to an independent court, but the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the system in 2006 and a revised procedure has included some additional rights.

Not much else to say about this... it speaks for itself.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Praxius
Not much else to say about this... it speaks for itself.
Yes, it sure does!!
Do you think they will give the names of his torturers?? I think hell will freeze over first!

They have never shown us a more recent photo of Omar! I wonder why not??

Germany had a similar case, but eventually made the effort to have him released. He was born in Germany to Turkish immigrant workers. He was 19 when he had finished his shipbuilding apprenticeship and decided to learn more about Islamic religion and traveled to Afghanistan/Pakistan.
Read, what he says he had to endure:
Kurnaz says he was isolated for months in addition to being beaten, hung from the ceiling and sexually humiliated. He also insists he was abused not just by US forces but also by members of Germany's elite Special Forces (KSK) when he was being held in a US prison camp in Afghanistan.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,463438,00.html

I was very disappointed by the German's reluctance to help him, and that they conveniently "lost" all data that could have linked Kurnaz to the KSK mishandling him.
Here is a photo of him before his five-year ordeal...

such a handsome boy... now an old broken man!

The American Bastards!!

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
These poor poor Taliban...all they were doing was working for the Red Crescent and building orphanges in Afghanistan. Trying to build a perfect and kind islamic theocracy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Germany had a similar case, but eventually made the effort to have him released. He was born in Germany to Turkish immigrant workers. He was 19 when he had finished his shipbuilding apprenticeship and decided to learn more about Islamic religion and traveled to Afghanistan/Pakistan.

I

Come on Loon...do you really believe he traveled to Afghanistan/Pakistan to learn more about Islamic Religion. Get your head out of the sand. Of all the places to learn about Islam why would he choose a place like that? Did you ever consider that he went to Afghanistan to fight? Or are you so hell bent on discrediting the US that you have convinced yourself that everyone of these captured fighters were actually peaceful islamic scholars or social workers.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Khadr is such a model citizen, I can't wait until he is returned to Canada. Him and his whole family should be stripped of their Canadian Citizenship and deported to any country willing to take them. They have abused their citizenship at every chance and only choose to be Canadians when it is convenient to them, they are a blight to this country

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Ok before all of you shove your foots further into your mouths, perhaps you should actually read some of the information about the case for once. Don't forget we're in a society which beleives in "Innocent until proven guilty" as well as the international laws regarding child soldiers.... considdering he was 15 at the time, and your levels of desire for his and his family's heads on a plate, I think you got a little wound up into the propaganda hype and actually forgot what evidence is:

UPDATE:

U.S. 'manufactured story' on 2002 Afghan gun battle: Khadr's lawyer
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/03/13/khadr-interrogators.html

A military commander "retroactively altered" a report of a gun battle in Afghanistan in 2002 to redirect blame for a U.S. soldier's death to Omar Khadr, Khadr's defence lawyer alleged Thursday.

Lt.-Cmdr. William Kuebler made the allegation during a pretrial hearing Thursday for the 21-year-old Canadian citizen at the U.S. naval base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Khadr, who has been held at the Guantanamo Bay facility since his 2002 capture during a battle in Afghanistan, is accused of murder in the death of American medic Sgt. First Class Christopher J. Speer.

Khadr is also charged with spying, conspiracy and supporting terrorism.

Kuebler alleged that on July 28, 2002, one day after the gun battle involving Khadr, a U.S. on-site commander identified only as "Colonel W" wrote a report on his soldiers' attack on the compound where Khadr and three other Islamist fighters were holed up.

In the report, the commander said a U.S. soldier killed a man identified as the suspect in the slaying of Speer, said Kuebler.

However, the report was revised months later, under the same date, to say a U.S. fighter had only "engaged" the assailant, according to Kuebler, who said the later version was presented to him by prosecutors as an "updated" document.

"What we have is, as I said at the outset, is this manufactured story about Omar's participation in the event, or this myth about Omar's participation in the event, which appears to have been manufactured at some point during his detention," Kuebler said.

"And then you have government records, official government records, being retroactively altered to be consistent with that manufactured story."

Prosecutors, who did not contest Kuebler's account in court, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Kuebler said one possible reason for the alleged alteration is that at the time, the Canadian government was pressing the Pentagon for answers about Khadr, his condition and why he was being held.

"There is a story generated to respond to those allegations; it turns out we now know that the story was false," Kuebler told reporters Thursday. "The most important fact is that responsible official that day went back and retroactively revised the record to reflect the reality that was most convenient to the United States at the time."

Defence seeks interrogators' names

Col. Peter Brownback, the U.S. military judge overseeing Khadr's trial, said he would decide by late Friday whether the defence team will be given the names of interrogators who questioned Khadr in Afghanistan, along with other evidence pertaining to his case.

Khadr's legal team is seeking the identities of the interrogators, as well hundreds of pages of notes they wrote during the interrogations, in its attempt to prove to the military tribunal that Khadr was forced into making incriminating statements through torture.

His lawyers have asked for at least 14 items from the Pentagon and U.S. State Department, including the names of his former interrogators.

During questioning at a U.S.-run detention centre at the Bagram air base north of Kabul after his capture, Khadr was quoted as saying he wanted to kill a lot of American soldiers. According to the statement, Khadr said the Taliban were offering a $1,500 bounty for each U.S. soldier.

Court documents later revealed interrogators at the air base used attack dogs and hung prisoners by their wrists.

Khadr's lawyers want the chance to cross-examine the interrogators during the military tribunal. If it is proven Khadr's statement was extracted by torture, his lawyers argue it should be wiped from the record.

They are also asking to see the names of witnesses who were at the Afghan battle in 2002.

Among the evidence they have requested is a report written by a field commander at the battle. The report initially said the fighter who threw the grenade at Speer died that day.

Two months later, a line in the report was changed to say the person who killed Speer was alive.

Trial delay likely if request granted

For the most part, Brownback seemed to feel the defence requests were reasonable, the CBC's Bill Gillespie reported from the proceedings.

But the judge was also clearly concerned that tracking down the new documents would push Khadr's scheduled May 5 trial date into the summer or even later.

Khadr's lawyers also argue their client should be freed because trying him for crimes he allegedly committed as a minor contravenes international law. He was 15 when he was captured.

The U.S. and Canada are signatories to a United Nations protocol that states fighters under age 18 are to be considered as child soldiers. Under those international obligations, child fighters must be released and helped to reintegrate into society.

Kuebler alleges Khadr has been threatened with rendition to places where he would be raped. Kuebler also said he believes allegations Khadr has been beaten, has had dogs turned on him and is nearly blind. Earlier reports said Khadr is blind in one eye, with deteriorating sight in his other eye.

Last month, a trio of opposition MPs called for Ottawa to intervene in the case.

About 275 men are being held at the military base on suspicion they are linked to al-Qaeda or the Taliban. Thirteen of the prisoners have been charged.

The heavily criticized military tribunal system has yet to complete a trial.

Original rules allowed the military to exclude the defendant from his own trial, permitted statements made under torture and forbade appeal to an independent court, but the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the system in 2006 and a revised procedure has included some additional rights.

And you guys seem to be enjoying falling for the typical crap given, and here's evidence, proof, all pointing to not just reasonble doubt that he was involved in any of this, but the entire case against him is shining through with gleems of BS, Fabrication and a witch hunt on a teenager... considdering the amount of media news this has gotten since it began, the US sure seems like they wanted to make an example out of Omar, but now I think they're making an example out of themselves and just how petty, two-faced, corrupt and sacks of shat the US government truly is.

Oh and the Pros. didn't have a response to the acusations.... silence speaks gold.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi, Eagle;
I have as much right to believe he is innocent, as you have to say he is not! It has been proven he was just that... innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time. What the Americans did to him has no justification!
Many young boys and girls want to explore the world, have a longing to get away from an unhappy situation or surrounding. After his apprenticeship he was free to do so. As a Turk in Germany I can imagine he didn't have an easy time!

The real enemy of humanity are nations like America. You should examine their motives for war and their total lack of respect for human dignity and life. Ask yourself what kind of monsters in human disguise are these men and women who administer these gruesome tortures? And what kind of monsters are their coward masters who order these tortures?
You tell me I have my head in the sand? May I ask, where is YOUR head?

Ditto for Durka!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Loon, I don't care if he is innocent in the shooting of the soldier, that doesn't change my view of him, he was fighting for the emeny, hence he is a traitor. He wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, you don't just happen to be a in terrorist strong hold by accident.

No where did I state I supported the war, so you can shove your assumptions up your backside. I personally think we are wasting our valuable soldiers by being in that disgusting excuse for a country. Let the Afghans kill each other, they don't need our assistance.

Ask your self Loon, who are the kind of people that will suicide bomb a whole street just so they can kill one NATO soldier, killing dozen of their own in the process?, What kind of people justify killing by a phony religious book?

Make I ask where is your head? Besides the sand.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ok...Prax...I read it and will look at it objectively.

What was he doing in the gun battle? Let's just say he did not kill the US Soldier. In any battle it is tough to say who did what. Not to toot my horn but I was in one myself and it is amazing how we all saw it different. I read an article on the US attack (during WWII) on Adm. Yamamoto just recently. Two different pilots claimed to be the one who shot him down immediatlely after the engagement and BOTH to their dieing day fought to have the records show that it was he, and not the other guy that shot down Yamamoto's bomber.

He was caught holed up with other islamic fighters...true? Why? Why was he there? The article doesn't dispute that. The only dispute is the changing of accounts of what happens and THAT happens all the time. People are given credit when it is not due and it is changed...people's records are revised when additional facts are brought to the surface. After action reports are tough to write. But the fact of the matter is that he was there and with bad people. Are you so quick to say he is innocent? What is a 15 year old Canadian doing in Afghanistan holed up with Islamic Fighters?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Loon, I don't care if he is innocent in the shooting of the soldier, that doesn't change my view of him, he was fighting for the emeny, hence he is a traitor. He wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, you don't just happen to be a in terrorist strong hold by accident.

Prove they found him there.... prove he was fighting.... oh yeah, all their case proving that stuff just went out the damn window..... got anything else?

He could have been in that compound making tea, or he could have been next door at his grandmothers.... who friggin knows now? All you're doing is just assuming that because he was in the country, was captured by US troops and they blame him for lobbing a grenade, he must be guilty?

Give it up, seriously, it looks foolish

No where did I state I supported the war, so you can shove your assumptions up your backside.

That's all you've given us so far... umptions from your arse with the above. Show us some evidence proving his guilt that hasn't been fabricated or stfu and wait until something comes along.

I personally think we are wasting our valuable soldiers by being in that disgusting excuse for a country. Let the Afghans kill each other, they don't need our assistance.

My jeez, could you get anymore ignorant on the situation? Gotta love that attitude you have towards other humans.... "Disgusting excuse for a country" ~ I suppose you have no damn clue what they've gone through in the last couple of decades? Oh I suppose not :angry3:

Ask your self Loon, who are the kind of people that will suicide bomb a whole street just so they can kill one NATO soldier, killing dozen of their own in the process?, What kind of people justify killing by a phony religious book?

Make I ask where is your head? Besides the sand.

Just because you don't understand another culture's ways, doesn't make you all mightier and holier then they are.

They car bomb a paticular target, the US or us Air Strike an entire village.... you tell me which is worse.

And because you have this hate on for these people and their beliefs, you want to hang this 15 year old kid because of it and make an example out of him.

Talk about sick.... exactly which is worse... do tell me, you and your mentality, or their own fighting people who invaded their country?

Flip a coin you hypocrite.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
....He was caught holed up with other islamic fighters...true?

Kinda hard to say now with fabricated reports being exposed....

Unknown, but considdering his family was from there in the first place.... I dunno about you, but I still head back home with my parents at that age to see the rest of my family.

So.... if I decided to fly to Ireland and visit the old lands for a week or so, then suddenly Ireland goes to war with Canada or the US, I'm now in question as to why I'm there..... I'm now either a Canadian Spy or a Terrorist with Ireland giving information to the enemy about my country.....

come on now, you need better evidence and acusations then that, besides myself just being there for whatever my personal reasons were. All this has been is a witch hunt.

And regardless.... HE WAS 15 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME!

Do you seriously think he had all the money himself to get a plane ticket over there, that at the age of 15, he was some top Taliban official and had such a hate on for the US that he seriously knew legally at that age what he was doing?

Does this justify taking a 15 year old kid and attacking him with dogs, threating to rape him, hang him by his wrists.... probably waterboarding him and other things, because you have some hate on for people who don't look like you, because Bush claims their Evil Doers?

Why was he there? The article doesn't dispute that. The only dispute is the changing of accounts of what happens and THAT happens all the time. People are given credit when it is not due and it is changed...people's records are revised when additional facts are brought to the surface. After action reports are tough to write. But the fact of the matter is that he was there and with bad people. Are you so quick to say he is innocent? What is a 15 year old Canadian doing in Afghanistan holed up with Islamic Fighters?

After Actions, if they're so tough to write, perhaps shouldn't be written after action.... nor should they be revised. Revision shows second guessing and reasonble doubt.

There's also the fact that perhaps his parents were involved, that his parents threw him into all of this..... he was still underage, and a child soldier, therefore put your anger onto his parents, not him for being there.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Prove they found him there.... prove he was fighting.... oh yeah, all their case proving that stuff just went out the damn window..... got anything else?

He could have been in that compound making tea, or he could have been next door at his grandmothers.... who friggin knows now? All you're doing is just assuming that because he was in the country, was captured by US troops and they blame him for lobbing a grenade, he must be guilty?

Give it up, seriously, it looks foolish

That's all you've given us so far... umptions from your arse with the above. Show us some evidence proving his guilt that hasn't been fabricated or stfu and wait until something comes along.

My jeez, could you get anymore ignorant on the situation? Gotta love that attitude you have towards other humans.... "Disgusting excuse for a country" ~ I suppose you have no damn clue what they've gone through in the last couple of decades? Oh I suppose not :angry3:

Just because you don't understand another culture's ways, doesn't make you all mightier and holier then they are.

They car bomb a paticular target, the US or us Air Strike an entire village.... you tell me which is worse.

And because you have this hate on for these people and their beliefs, you want to hang this 15 year old kid because of it and make an example out of him.

Talk about sick.... exactly which is worse... do tell me, you and your mentality, or their own fighting people who invaded their country?

Flip a coin you hypocrite.

Praxius, why don't you prove that he was doing something else then fighting? He was in a compound full of terrorists, do 15 year olds magically fly across the world and somehow, by chance end up in such a situation? No.

You are the fool, so why don't you give it up. Ok little boy?

You talk a lot about proof yet you don't seem to show any to support your side?

I was pointing out the contrasts to Loon's assertion that NATO indiscriminately kills people, I am aware that it happens on both sides.

I don't have a hate on for these peoples or their beliefs, so quit putting words in my mouth.... Mr.Fabricator. I do believe though that the Afghans would be better off to sort out their problems on their own without our assistance. I don't want to see the kid executed, I would be happy to see him spend the rest of his days rotting in jail though.

What the hell is this supposed to mean? "Talk about sick.... exactly which is worse... do tell me, you and your mentality, or their own fighting people who invaded their country?
"

If you are going to ask me a question, at least phrase it in something resembling English.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Kinda hard to say now with fabricated reports being exposed....

That is what the defense claims...the prosecution says otherwise. The defense is responsible for the defendant.

Unknown, but considdering his family was from there in the first place.... I dunno about you, but I still head back home with my parents at that age to see the rest of my family.

Are they? The father is Egyptian, the mother is Palestinian...but he is suddenly from Afghanistan. His parent moved there for a short time and spent a lot of time with Osama Bin Laden. But I guess all of that is irrelevant. Read up on the father and his support of Al Queda...his involvement. Why the heck did his family escape to the mountains with Al Queda?

So.... if I decided to fly to Ireland and visit the old lands for a week or so, then suddenly Ireland goes to war with Canada or the US, I'm now in question as to why I'm there..... I'm now either a Canadian Spy or a Terrorist with Ireland giving information to the enemy about my country.....

Your metaphor does not hold water here.

come on now, you need better evidence and acusations then that, besides myself just being there for whatever my personal reasons were. All this has been is a witch hunt.

And regardless.... HE WAS 15 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME!

Oh the babe in the woods. He was old enough to be a translator between Arab and Pashtun fighters. He was old enough to carry a gun.

Do you seriously think he had all the money himself to get a plane ticket over there, that at the age of 15, he was some top Taliban official and had such a hate on for the US that he seriously knew legally at that age what he was doing?

I hope he does get let go to be welcomed back into the loving arms of Canada. I hope you have a ticker tape parade for him and the whole Kadr family through the streets of Ottawa. They apparently have, through their actions earned the love and respect of many Canadians so you deserve them.

Does this justify taking a 15 year old kid and attacking him with dogs, threating to rape him, hang him by his wrists.... probably waterboarding him and other things, because you have some hate on for people who don't look like you, because Bush claims their Evil Doers?

Proof? Any of it? Apparently words aren't enough. The US has pictures of him and the other Taliban fighters after the fight in the house. The also have what appears to be this poor little boy building bombs.

After Actions, if they're so tough to write, perhaps shouldn't be written after action.... nor should they be revised. Revision shows second guessing and reasonble doubt.

There's also the fact that perhaps his parents were involved, that his parents threw him into all of this..... he was still underage, and a child soldier, therefore put your anger onto his parents, not him for being there.

Well they wouldn't be after action reports if they were written before. After action reports go back far in history and are written after each engagement by all countries. It is part of the business. Yes his parents are involved and so isn't he now.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hi, Eagle;
I have as much right to believe he is innocent, as you have to say he is not! It has been proven he was just that... innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time. What the Americans did to him has no justification!
Many young boys and girls want to explore the world, have a longing to get away from an unhappy situation or surrounding. After his apprenticeship he was free to do so. As a Turk in Germany I can imagine he didn't have an easy time!

The real enemy of humanity are nations like America. You should examine their motives for war and their total lack of respect for human dignity and life. Ask yourself what kind of monsters in human disguise are these men and women who administer these gruesome tortures? And what kind of monsters are their coward masters who order these tortures?
You tell me I have my head in the sand? May I ask, where is YOUR head?

Ditto for Durka!

It has not been proven that he is innocent. Far from it. That is why your head is in the sand. You only want to see what you want. You want to see a young innocent boy getting caught by the EVIL AMERICANS. He was involved, yes at 15, in the fighting in Afghanistan. His whole family is caught up in it.

American is the real enemy of humanity. Cut it out...another morally superior Canadian speaking.

Many young boys and girls want to explore the world, have a longing to get away from an unhappy situation or surrounding

LMFHO. Are you serious? Afghanistan is now a place for an unhappy boy and girl to escape to? It is a much better environment? Afghanistan provides a happier surrounding? He was caught and wounded fighting US soldiers. He was involved with Al Queda.

With all that I STILL think he should be let go and invited back to live with Canadians. I hope you will take this sweet innocent boy into your home who has lost his childhood due to those nasty Americans. :roll:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It has not been proven that he is innocent. Far from it. That is why your head is in the sand. You only want to see what you want. You want to see a young innocent boy getting caught by the EVIL AMERICANS. He was involved, yes at 15, in the fighting in Afghanistan. His whole family is caught up in it.

I have a problen with this logic, Eag... If it hasn't been proven that he is guilty, is he not entitled to be presumed innocent - or is that right something reserved for only white, right America? Don't assume I'm taking sides here because he's in a place he shouldn't have been. Crossfires are like that.
:roll:

Woof!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It is a gray area and that is why the US is under so much heat. BUT...it is apparent that he has a lawyer and will have his day in court. At least it appears that way. Many people are held prior to trial as flight risks and/or a danger to society. I don't think our Canadian "choir boy" could have been left out on his own recognizance.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It is a gray area and that is why the US is under so much heat. BUT...it is apparent that he has a lawyer and will have his day in court. At least it appears that way. Many people are held prior to trial as flight risks and/or a danger to society. I don't think our Canadian "choir boy" could have been left out on his own recognizance.

He deserves his heat.... Apparently he has a lawyer who knows how to manipulate the Canadian maternal thing too. Post a pic of how he looked the day he was busted. You'll clip the choirboy image the press has painted.

Woof!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Here is Omar playing with what appears to be cake molds...no wait...those are land mines. Ah the thought of getting away to a happy place!

Omar again! He must be doing some knitting. Please ignore the AK-47 in the background...thank you.

Omar again! Supposedly burying landmines...but surely he was just playing in the sand. Afghanistan is such a safe and happy place at night.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
That is what the defense claims...the prosecution says otherwise. The defense is responsible for the defendant.

Fair enough... I just figured the prosecutors would have had something snappy to respond with, then just silence.

Are they? The father is Egyptian, the mother is Palestinian...but he is suddenly from Afghanistan. His parent moved there for a short time and spent a lot of time with Osama Bin Laden. But I guess all of that is irrelevant. Read up on the father and his support of Al Queda...his involvement. Why the heck did his family escape to the mountains with Al Queda?

My mistake on the parent's original home lands, but I knew they lived in Afghanistan, for however long that may have been.

Your metaphor does not hold water here.

Not anymore, no.

Oh the babe in the woods. He was old enough to be a translator between Arab and Pashtun fighters. He was old enough to carry a gun.

I hope he does get let go to be welcomed back into the loving arms of Canada. I hope you have a ticker tape parade for him and the whole Kadr family through the streets of Ottawa. They apparently have, through their actions earned the love and respect of many Canadians so you deserve them.

Don't get me wrong.... it's not like I want to adopt the guy and take him home with me to baby. All I request is a fair trial, with proper representation and access to the evidence against and for him, not this shame that was just invented a few years ago that hasn't convicted anybody of a crime yet.

And if he is guilty of chucking the grenade, then I hope he gets the proper punishment justifiable for a Child Soldier.

Proof? Any of it? Apparently words aren't enough. The US has pictures of him and the other Taliban fighters after the fight in the house.

Those I have yet to see personally, but ok....

The also have what appears to be this poor little boy building bombs.

That film I did see and didn't really look like him at all..... frig, it could have been any kid at that age. But regardless of whatever guilt he may be responsible for, he's underage. If he was 18 or older and commited these acts, sure.... keep him, try him..... find him guilty and that's that (so long as it was a fair and just trial.... no need for us to stoop to their level)

Well they wouldn't be after action reports if they were written before. After action reports go back far in history and are written after each engagement by all countries. It is part of the business. Yes his parents are involved and so isn't he now.

Yes, similar to police statements. The problem I have is with them altering what was written after the fact. What was written down the first time should stay. To me, altering the report as they did is reasonable doubt, and although you explained what usually occurs with who shot who and where, etc.... I still have reasonable doubt.