Jeff Healey

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I have just heard that Jeff Healey passed away from cancer today. This is a tragic lost to Canadian culture. My condolances to his family.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I met him in my taxi and will not forget that trip. Dedo's, Pleasant Point and all of Lindsay weeps.

In search of that lost chord?

Rest in Peace, Jeff....

Woof!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Yes, very sad news.

Story
here

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
R.I.P. Mr. Healey. Got a chance to see him play live many times over the past 20 years or so. We just lost a great musician.

faithlessforeve

Nominee Member
Jan 28, 2008
He was sitting next to me at a bar one night. I remember my buddy wanting to go up to say hi, but I said he probably just wanted to be alone. He obviously heard me because he tapped my shoulder right away and asked for a cigeratte. The three of us talked up a storm for an hour or so. Great night.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
While I was not a fan of his music, there can be no denying that he had lots of talent. He did not let his disability get him down and he did what he loved to do. Play music.

Rest in peace, Mr. Healey.:-(

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Man, a good buddy of mine is (was??) doing sound at his club a few nights a week- I never made it there but he always had great things to say about the man, very sad-
And as a guitarist I can state that he was almost frighteningly talented, what a sad way to start the day

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I had the privilege to watch him perform here in St Paul during the Minnesota State Fair about 15 years ago. And a true privilege it was.

You have lost a National Treasure. My deepest condolences to the entire Canadian family.

faithlessforeve

Nominee Member
Jan 28, 2008
I am the same age (41) and still feel I have alot to do/see in life. It still is a relatively young age to die. I didn't know he had cancer. What a horrible disease.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I am the same age (41) and still feel I have alot to do/see in life. It still is a relatively young age to die. I didn't know he had cancer. What a horrible disease.

He'd had cancer from the time he was born. Which I didn't know until this happened. It struck me how hard that must be on family, to know that you're on borrowed time, always fighting the cancer in some way or another.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
For anyone who hasn't seen Jeff play, or those who have and want to see more, this is awesome.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Just finished watching Jeff Healey Live at Montreux 1999. Highly recommended for all you fans of this great guitarist. Pat Rush sits in with the band, a wonderful slide player. Hearing Healey sing Angel Eyes is very moving after his passing just a few short days ago. Joe Rockman on bass and Tom Steven on drums, his long time bandmates, are at the top of their game as well on this video.