Schreiber insists: Mulrooney is still lying!!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Schreiber dismisses Mulroney's testimony

Ottawa — Karlheinz Schreiber says Brian Mulroney's appearance at the Commons ethics committee was a “smoke-and-mirror show.”
A feisty Mr. Schreiber told the committee Monday that the former prime minister lied Dec. 3 when he testified that Schreiber had misled the committee.
The German-Canadian businessman dismissed Mr. Mulroney's suggestion that secret cash payments were for international lobbying.
Mr. Schreiber insisted again that the money was to lobby the federal government on behalf of the Bear Head project, a plan to build light armoured vehicles in Canada.

Enlarge Image Brian Mulroney, Elmer MacKay and Karlheinz Schreiber in this undated photo while Mr. Mulroney was prime minister.

Mr. Schreiber has said he made an agreement with Mr. Mulroney in 1993 — before Mr. Mulroney left office — to lobby the government, which would be a breach of ethics rules.
He has said he eventually paid Mr. Mulroney $300,000 in cash. Mr. Mulroney claims it was $225,000 and for work abroad.
The payments, undisclosed for years after Mr. Mulroney left office in 1993, cast new light on a $2.1-million libel settlement Mr. Mulroney negotiated with the Canadian government after being named in a 1995 RCMP investigation into alleged kickbacks involving the sale of Airbus planes to Air Canada.
A series of witnesses have given contradictory evidence, and several MPs on the committee have agreed that only a public inquiry promised by Mr. Harper has any hope of getting to the bottom of the controversy.

http://tinyurl.com/2wznws
--------------------------------------------------------
I hope Harper will do that! Otherwise, this is just a circus show!! Similar to the investigation into the Sponsorship Scandal, where the fine Gents were winding and twisting themselves in a web of lies.
What scum we have everywhere in the upper echelons! Don't want to know how many there are on the lower shelves!:x

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Mulroney likely is lying, but Schreiber has all the credibility of a carrot. He's a disgusting sleazeball, and in my opinion should be on a plane to Germany forthwith.He'll say anything at all to further his attempt to stay out of German prisons, so you can't believe anything he says.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Mulroney likely is lying, but Schreiber has all the credibility of a carrot. He's a disgusting sleazeball, and in my opinion should be on a plane to Germany forthwith.He'll say anything at all to further his attempt to stay out of German prisons, so you can't believe anything he says.
No, he is not a sleaze ball... he is a weapons dealer!!!:roll::smile:
I just read in a German paper that he is wanted for several millions of tax evasion Euros. Here as over there he has paid smear money to various CDU politicians.
Schreiber fears for his life going back to Germany, because there are big names in politic who would wish to silence him.
He is already 72 years old and is a Canadian citizen; probably has dual citizenship.

Him being a weapons dealer, I wonder if he perhaps or maybe did business here in Canada as well? THAT, of course would be something our government would want to keep under wraps.
Well, just a thought, beause it was brought up in a German discussion. I leave the link in case someone can understand German.

http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/auslieferung_aid_203590.html

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Update - 05/03/2008 1:49:42 PM
Ottawa agrees to delay Schreiber extradition

Karlheinz Schreiber will not be extradited to Germany, where he faces fraud and tax evasion charges, until after a public inquiry into his dealings with former prime minister Brian Mulroney.

Edward Greenspan, Schreiber's lawyer, negotiated the deal with the Justice Department, CTV's Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife said Wednesday.
In November, a panel of Ontario Court of Appeal judges decided not to intervene in the 2004 extradition order against Schreiber.
On Thursday, the Supreme Court of Canada will decide whether to hear an appeal from Schreiber's lawyers regarding the decision.
Without the deal with the Justice Department, Schreiber would have to be immediately deported if the SCC decided not to hear the appeal.

Read full story here to refresh your memory of the scandalous case: http://tinyurl.com/yoj84v
I'm glad to read there is going to be a public inquiry. But,.... with Harper being a close friend of Mulroney it doesn't look too promising. It might again run into the sand.