Did you know?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Doomsday Vault for world's seeds to open

A "doomsday" vault built to withstand an earthquake or nuclear strike is ready to open deep in the permafrost of an Arctic mountain where it will protect millions of seeds from manmade and natural disasters. The vault has the capacity to store 4.5 million seed samples from around the globe, shielding them from climate change, wars, natural disasters and other threats.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'm so glad, someone had the brains to plan ahead! Right now we live under the daily threat of a nuclear war, natural catastrophe, and a slowly encroaching global meltdown.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
yes, there have been other articles on here in regards to the seed bank.

It's an interesting idea. But, needless to say, there are many on here who question the creators and the reasoning behind it. If you use the search function, I'm sure you may be able to find the past threads on it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Ah looks like some scientists were watching Titan AE.

But then again.... what happens if/when there is a nuclear war or some natural disaster like a global ice age or global flood? Exactly who's going to be around to plant all these seeds and get things started again?

The next dominate species on the planet? (Cockroaches)

Aliens thousands of years from now?

Bill Gate's Clone #17-B and his army of tiny little soldiers made out of tissue in which he calls the Microsoft Division?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ah looks like some scientists were watching Titan AE.

But then again.... what happens if/when there is a nuclear war or some natural disaster like a global ice age or global flood? Exactly who's going to be around to plant all these seeds and get things started again?

The next dominate species on the planet? (Cockroaches)

Aliens thousands of years from now?

Bill Gate's Clone #17-B?

The elites who built the seed bank and moved in there when the ____ hit the fan. That would be my assumption anyway. :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
BTW, Gates is the one who put the money in for this particular venture, so, I find your crack about his clone especially amusing. :smile:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
yes, there have been other articles on here in regards to the seed bank.

It's an interesting idea. But, needless to say, there are many on here who question the creators and the reasoning behind it. If you use the search function, I'm sure you may be able to find the past threads on it.
Thanks, Karrie...
but I'm not that interested. It was just by fluke I came upon this article. I hope, though, they have also left directions in various places on the globe, so this storage bin can be found after the landscape has been rearranged.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Thanks, Karrie...
but I'm not that interested. It was just by fluke I came upon this article. I hope, though, they have also left directions in various places on the globe, so this storage bin can be found after the landscape has been rearranged.

It won't matter. They'll be there when the ___ goes down. :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yeah I haven't read it all the way through in detail yet, but I do have a nack of making fluke relations.

google it. There are more detailed articles out there on it. Or, like I said to loon, search in here, I know we have other articles on it.