Adventurer Fossett declared dead

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Millionaire businessman and adventurer Steve Fossett has been declared legally dead by a court in Chicago.

Mr Fossett has been missing for five months since his single-engine plane disappeared over the Nevada desert.
His wife had filed a court petition to have him declared dead so the process of executing his will could begin.
The judge said the evidence Mr Fossett was dead was "more than sufficient". He described the 63-year-old's fortune as "vast", and an eight-figure sum.
There has been no trace of Mr Fossett since he took off from Yerington, Nevada, on 3 September 2007.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7248161.stm

He was a great spirit and a true adventurer! Ironic, he should get lost on a 3hr. flight over the Nevada dessert. Isn't that where Area 51 is located or very near there? Maybe his Alien friends came und took him home.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Of all the places for him to lose his life, the Nevada desert.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
My heart goes out to the deceaseds family and executor. I have to reveal now at this time that I am Mr Fossets long lost son, I know dad would have wanted me to have all of his estate, as he expressed this wish to me in writing in 1998. I am naturally grief stricken at this time. His last will and testament was filed with the leagal firm of Snively Handwringer & Shylock at Brussels OO71845.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
DB, take the time to grief. Wait until about 11:11am, then call a lawyer.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Aaawww... you guys! Is that all you can come up with??? Sorry sobs, you are!!!:lol:

I hope he didn't have to lie around for hours or days, suffering.
Besides, fellas, YOUR time will come, too! Sooner or later we all fall over the edge! Then REAL life will begin!! At least that's what I think!;-)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Hey hon ... did you feed the buzzards?

Little morbid? A guy who lived life on the edge doesn't want people crying because death finally won. Besides, airplanes don't just disappear - especially in a place where there are no trees to hide them under.

Woof!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hey hon ... did you feed the buzzards?

Little morbid? A guy who lived life on the edge doesn't want people crying because death finally won. Besides, airplanes don't just disappear - especially in a place where there are no trees to hide them under.

Woof!
Did I feed the buzzards?

His plane could be buried in the sand! or exploded and burned to ashes.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I dunno... 5 months to rush the execution of a will ... isn't there a legal time limit that's supposed to be observed before declaring a missing person legally dead? I'd have expected it to be longer than 5 months!?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
...or he could be alive and well in the Cayman Islands and found a way to cheat the taxman. All I'm saying is a man who lives his life on the edge would want that life celebrated.

RIP

Woof!
What does RIP mean??? Something like ROFL??? I guess, you are entertainer and audience all in one!!:p

ROFLH :lol:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I dunno... 5 months to rush the execution of a will ... isn't there a legal time limit that's supposed to be observed before declaring a missing person legally dead? I'd have expected it to be longer than 5 months!?
All things are possible!!

a) the Aliens took him, plane and all.

b) plane burned up, he died with it = incineration

c) CIA or the likes kidnapped him and plane

d) he played pretend and never flew to where he said he would

e) he was murdered before he took off by his wife's lover!!!!!!!!! (you may add to this list!:lol:)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He could be:

- in Quantanimo Bay
- with Amelia Earhart
- running Columbian gooch
- wrestling rattlesnakes
- at the Mustang Ranch

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
he could be alive and well... wishing to start over with a whole new identity... with moola like that it could happen hmmm?

Demmit where's me tinfoil hat!? :cool:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey!

What if the wife paid off all those searchers to ignore a small blue airplane......?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Okay....okay......Just wanted to try it out......:smile: