The Good Lord really....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
3000 students on campus, some of them pinned under debris, and no deaths. While homes are being destroyed, buildings knocked to the ground, no one died? That's pretty blessed, if you buy into the idea that God has a hand in natural phenomena.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
3000 students on campus, some of them pinned under debris, and no deaths. While homes are being destroyed, buildings knocked to the ground, no one died? That's pretty blessed, if you buy into the idea that God has a hand in natural phenomena.

So true.....as can be said for countless number of survivors of destruction brought on by the same part of the world suffering today....for un-told reasons.

Yes, the Good Lord does work in mysterious ways, don` t He?

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
If by "the good lord" you mean meteorology, and by "works in mysterious ways" you mean chance, engineering, fluid dynamics, preparedness - why yes, then I agree wholeheartedly.

Really, taking a natural catastrophe and saying there was a blessing inside of it, as if to demonstrate the good will of the one you allege to have caused the disaster in the first place? Akin to "what a nice mugger that she didn't kill me."

My word, what twisted logic.

Pangloss

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Twisted logic for sure ....no different than the chaps from some bible school down there that got squashed, tried explaining off in the article. (or as seen on TV).

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Frankly Pang it always makes me laugh when people attribute the acts of nature to God Himself.

I am a spiritual person, and I can see the blessing in living through an act of nature. But God brought it about? Yeah, I really don't think so.

I got a forward in my e-mail box ages ago about 'the hand of God at work'.

It discussed gays, struck down by AIDS, people who spoke against religion dying in assassinations, towns and countries which failed in some way to meet God's standard, being razed by any number of wars and/or natural disaster. It was enough to make me want to scream. I sent a scathing e-mail back to the person who sent it to me, and she replied with "Okay, so it's not just me then?" She'd passed it on after receiving it, just to see if anyone would call her on it, because she was too chicken to call her friends on it. *shakes head*