Heath Ledger found dead

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yeah, I was shocked, as we speak I am watching Anderson Cooper interviewing someone
about the reasons that could have caused this.

It seems that it probably is a careless use of over the counter plus prescription drugs, as
apparantly there was no clear problems in his life, we'll know over the next few days I guess.

I first saw him in 'A Knights Tale" a few years ago, good actor.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
I really liked A Knights Tale, it is the first movie I remember noticing him in, I also like 'Four Feathers' I think it was called.
I was just watching TV and that came on, I was also shocked! I really feel for his ex and 2 year old daughter.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
First I heard of the guy.
Dunno what makes his death more news-worthy than the scores of young (American) men of the same age and younger dying each month for the Bush administration`s lies.
Much more tradgic in my view.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
JBeee

Wallowing in the ersatz pain and saddness of the death of a "famous celebrity" is much more rewarding than flag draped coffins. This is what Canadians are dying for in Afghanistan and American kids are dying for in Iraq. The right and opportunity to immerse one's self in the let's pretend of TV and movies.... Blood well spent

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I wonder how Anna Nicole Smith is doing in heaven, I hope she got a nice suite. Maybe she'll meet Heath at the gates with the five star welcome wagon. You'd think a big fan like uncle percy would get the dead stars name right wouldn't you.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I wonder how Anna Nicole Smith is doing in heaven, I hope she got a nice suite. Maybe she'll meet Heath at the gates with the five star welcome wagon. You'd think a big fan like uncle percy would get the dead stars name right wouldn't you.

Ten bucks says she's banging Jesus, but flirting with God.
:roll:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Nice to see the respect oozing out of people here. A young man is dead, and has left a young daughter without a father. His death is horrible, as are all of the young men and women dying overseas in our(and the Americans) Armed Forces.:-(

Rest in peace, Mr. Ledger.

Reactions: Outta here

dirtylinder

get dirty
Apr 24, 2007
vancouver island
Nice to see the respect oozing out of people here. A young man is dead, and has left a young daughter without a father. His death is horrible, as are all of the young men and women dying overseas in our(and the Americans) Armed Forces.:-(

Rest in peace, Mr. Ledger.

News FLASH: People die everyday...It's always sad!

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
I was shocked to hear this, this morning.
What a shame.
So young and talented, with a bright future ahead of him.

I remember watching some show when he announced he was going to be a dad. He seemed to just beam pride.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
First I heard of the guy.
Dunno what makes his death more news-worthy than the scores of young (American) men of the same age and younger dying each month for the Bush administration`s lies.
Much more tradgic in my view.

What makes his death different, is that I can see his smile when I think of him. The way he walks and the inflections of his voice. Not that I KNEW him.... not that I'm crying over him, but it does make it different, like losing an acquaintance, than losing a soldier.

But he probably won't get his own day of the year to be remembered, or his name inscribed on a memorial for those we honor. So I think society in general agrees that the soldiers we lose are more tragic.