Alwyn Barry- rest in peace

I don`t know why this story has touched me the way it has since first hearing about it a few weeks ago but it did......and its now finaly ended.
A young kid just 18 years old passed away yesterday from colon cancer. It must have been his bravery facing the inevitable and out-look on life I suppose. Apparently he decided to make a documentry on growing up in a neighborhood with a not-so-good reputation here in North York (Toronto) as his final good-by....but for some reason I only seemed to have seen the person, himself. Might be where I have an 18 year old boy myself....or just remembering what it was like to be 18 and having the world in my hands.

Anyway, just wanted to share my sorrow for this young man`s passing and give my sincerest condolonces to his family and friends at this sad time. I really hope other kids take notice of this brave young man`s passing and live their lives as he might have.

Heres a link to the story (external - login to view)
Tell us about him JBeee, why did his death touch you the way it did? My father is a survivor of a radical colostomy he is 81 the operation was eight years ago.
You know him personaly about as much as I do. I think it was his age and the way he was taken....not by a violent act as most young kids are taken but by a dreaded disease.

Again, I hope any young kid his age will look at his bravery while facing this and consider what they have in life....their health.
That's a nice post JBeee. I'm glad his story has touched someone who then shared it with us. Now it's touched us too.