Girl dead for not wearing burka

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Peel Regional Police on Tuesday released the name of a 16-year-old Mississauga teen who died after allegedly being attacked by her father.
Aqsa Parvez was found in her Longhorn Trail home on Monday morning without any vital signs.
Paramedics managed to revive her and took her to Toronto's Sick Children's Hospital where she died late Monday night.
Police said they received a call from a man who said he'd just killed his daughter.

http://tinyurl.com/2q7oqo

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Another death in the name of someone's stupid religion. The girl didn't want to wear a hijab. I can't understand people who immigrate to this country to make a new start in a free country and bring with them the worst of the old country.

Reactions: Coddfish

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
This fathers attack on his daughter was probably proper. It is unfortunate that the daughter died as a result, but she had to learn to conform. We as a society cannot and should not tolerate renegades like this man's daughter.

I hope that the courts see that this man was justified in his actions. The daughter was clearly in the wrong for not doing as she was told.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
This fathers attack on his daughter was probably proper. It is unfortunate that the daughter died as a result, but she had to learn to conform. We as a society cannot and should not tolerate renegades like this man's daughter.

I hope that the courts see that this man was justified in his actions. The daughter was clearly in the wrong for not doing as she was told.

Are you a troll or do you really hate freedom?

Reactions: DurkaDurka

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

I will assume you are joking.

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
Are you a troll or do you really hate freedom?

I was being sarcastic. I am one of the precious few for whom our government has elected to deny freedom.

Whenever I see something tragic happen in this country, I take the position that the tragedy was justified for some outrageously insane reason. Just as a reminder to my foes that their rationale finds little sympathy with the world.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
I was being sarcastic. I am one of the precious few for whom our government has elected to deny freedom.

Whenever I see something tragic happen in this country, I take the position that the tragedy was justified for some outrageously insane reason. Just as a reminder to my foes that their rationale finds little sympathy with the world.

You have me slightly curious about your story. Have you posted it in another thread?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Tolerance people.... tolerance. Who are we to judge other religions or the manner in which they deal with their children.

islam is a peaceful religion and muslims are gentle people.
<slams head on desk>
islam is a peaceful religion and muslims are a gentle people.
<slams head on desk>
islam is a peaceful religion and muslims are a gentle people.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Tolerance? How can multi-culturalism work if it is the mandate of certain cultures to rule all. Eag, this is one of those places I think USA has the right idea. Love it or leave it....

Woof!

Last edited:

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
You have me slightly curious about your story. Have you posted it in another thread?

"Somewhere like a scene from a memory, there's a picture worth a thousand words. Eluding stares from faces before me, it hides away and will never be heard of again.

Deceit is the second without end"

-- Metropolis, Part I, "The Miracle and the Sleeper"

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Another death in the name of someone's stupid religion. The girl didn't want to wear a hijab. I can't understand people who immigrate to this country to make a new start in a free country and bring with them the worst of the old country.

There is nothing in there that proves, that the father killed his daughter,for the reason it is said in the article.
It is her friends who says that she has been having arguement about whether or not she wear the traditionel hijab.

Maybe you guys should wait a little before making such comments.

It is incredible how you guys are easy to manipulate.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There is nothing in there that proves, that the father killed his daughter,for the reason it is said in the article.
It is her friends who says that she has been having arguement about whether or not she wear the traditionel hijab.

Maybe you guys should wait a little before making such comments.

It is incredible how you guys are easy to manipulate.

There you go Logic! That's what I am talking about. There must be a perfectly good reason for him killing his daughter. Canada should be much more patient in dealing with muslims that slaughter their children.

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
There you go Logic! That's what I am talking about. There must be a perfectly good reason for him killing his daughter. Canada should be much more patient in dealing with muslims that slaughter their children.

Actually, Logic is right. The father called police and said that he had just killed his daughter. He may not have killed her. It's possible that her death was not his fault at all. She may have died of some other cause that remains undetermined until an autopsy is performed.

You don't know what happened. She may have had an anuerysm of the aorta that ruptured at a most inopportune time. The father can hardly be held responsible for a pre-existing medical condition that may have actually been responsible for her death.

It's terrible that you should jump all over this man simply because he is of the Muslim faith. If this man had not been Muslim, you would have given him the benefit of the doubt and waited for the facts to be presented. But like som many Americans, you have bought into the terrorism hysteria and the notion that people of Islam are bad people. Lighten up, dude!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Think back 300 years, it'll refresh your memory.:smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Think back 300 years, it'll refresh your memory.:smile:

No it won't.

I've traced my family back over three hundred years and not one of them ever killed his daughter for wearing the wrong clothes.
Canadian Confederation was in 1867 and it has always been illegal in this country to kill your family or anyone else for their choice of wardrobe. :roll::smile:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
People People! Wait now.

She may have had an aneurysm (sic whatev) while he was beating her to death. We can't rush this. I mean he only called and said...

"I killed my daughter."

How do we know if he did? Just because she was without life when the EMT's got there means nothing.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
People People! Wait now.

She may have had an aneurysm (sic whatev) while he was beating her to death. We can't rush this. I mean he only called and said...

"I killed my daughter."

How do we know if he did? Just because she was without life when the EMT's got there means nothing.

We have a major problem right there. He didn't stipulate which daughter....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have to say, I'm glad this happened in North America. Because when men beat women to death here (and no, Muslims aren't the only ones who beat their children to death over issues of control.... don't kid yourselves), they go to jail, regardless of the reason. No excuses. That's pretty awesome. Good move choice on his part.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I have to say, I'm glad this happened in North America. Because when men beat women to death here (and no, Muslims aren't the only ones who beat their children to death over issues of control.... don't kid yourselves), they go to jail, regardless of the reason. No excuses. That's pretty awesome. Good move choice on his part.

I don't know Karrie. Muslims are likely the only ones who beat their kids to death for not wearing the "right" religious clothing but I won't get started on that.