tom Cruise we are going to be attacked by aliens

Dreadful Nonsense
DurkaDurka
I would be happy to never hear his name again... Yes Tom, Xenu is coming down from the stars to destroy earth, go hide in your bunker now.

karrie
Uh, wow.

So, essentially, their religion is built on trusting the 'word' of a few alien souls that were essentially sent off to a penal planet to be executed. Oddities abound. What would people think of me if I headed down to death row to pick an inmate to worship? let alone decided an alien equivalent was a good idea. Yikes!

Dreadful Nonsense
i still have no idea what scientology is about.....Maher said something about us being conmtrolled by aliens and that scientology frees one from that mode of living.....yikes

bill maher..is that his name the politically incorrect guy
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:08 PM..Reason: bill

goat
Tom should be charged with child abuse for inserting his p/t kids into a C of S scholl of any sort.

A 10$ million dollar bunker.

Cruise has too much money

coldstream
I'm afraid Scientology is not good for your mental health.

karrie
it's not that it's not good for your mental health... it's that you seem to require a basic lack to join in the first place.

Tonington
Well, on a first glance basis, it would seem to be a great religion for those who have many similar problems from the other 'mainstream' religions. Scientology is supposed to be an individualized belief system, where more emphasis is put on the individual, rather than divine intervention. A truth in Scientology may be true for me, and not for you. Unfortunately, that seems to break down, and they come up with stuff so nutty, which proliferates through their ranks, almost with tinfoil like dispersion. Like most man-made systems of belief, it is prone to abuse.

wallyj
Wow,do I ever feel foolish, I just,in jest,posted on the 9/11 Alex Jones thread that maybe "friggin space aliens" did it. And now, an authority and intellectual giant ,Tom Cruisemissile is talking aliens. My apologies to all,once again.

Twila
Tom is proof that being surrounded by sycophants can damage your intelligents and your ability to reason.

shadowshiv
You know, I sometimes feel ashamed that I share the same first name as that nutbar.

triedit
I don't know how I feel about this. Part of me screams "HE"S A NUTBAR" while the other part of me says "Who is he really hurting?" I guess my biggest issue is why this stuff makes the news....

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

I don't know how I feel about this. Part of me screams "HE"S A NUTBAR" while the other part of me says "Who is he really hurting?" I guess my biggest issue is why this stuff makes the news....

The whole thing of Scientology is that not all the members get the "freedom" that the movie stars do. Your average member gets segregated from his/her family, money gets taken out of the bank, and all the other wonderful things that you get when you join a cult. He is just a way for the Scientologists to get more members.

DurkaDurka
He's hurting his kids by forcing them to go the the Scientology brainwashing camps during the summer. I imagine kids would love a religion based on aliens and spaceships though...

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

He's hurting his kids by forcing them to go the the Scientology brainwashing camps during the summer. I imagine kids would love a religion based on aliens and spaceships though...

Didn't Nicole Kidman(as part of the divorce settlement) forbid their children to be taught Scientology? And didn't he agree to that? If so, what the heck is he doing having them get taught this malarky?

DurkaDurka
from the link in the article...

"but his adopted children with first wife Nicole Kidman - Isabella, 14, and 12-year-old son Connor - are said to have spent the summer at a Scientology camp."

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

from the link in the article...

"but his adopted children with first wife Nicole Kidman - Isabella, 14, and 12-year-old son Connor - are said to have spent the summer at a Scientology camp."

Huh. Perhaps it is due to their age now, so they are allowed to go there?

Twila
Quote:

You know, I sometimes feel ashamed that I share the same first name as that nutbar.

hmm, sounds like you now have a responsiblity to let the rest of the world know that not all Tom's are nutbars or fubars for that matter....

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

hmm, sounds like you now have a responsiblity to let the rest of the world know that not all Tom's are nutbars or fubars for that matter....

Er...have you seen some of my posts? I'm not sure if I am the proper person to ask.

Twila
I have faith in you!

Cosmo
Holy cats ... that guy has come totally unglued. I'm the first one in line to argue right to religious freedom but c'mon ... the words of a sci-fi writer? Who's next? Stephen King characters mebbe?? Having read "Cell" recently, perhaps I ought to start an anti-cell phone religion. Wait a minute ... that's not so crazy!

This slayed me ...

Quote:

Scientology's founder, science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, claimed extra-terrestrial beings were sent to Earth by intergalactic ruler Xenu, who then destroyed the aliens with hydrogen bombs in a volcano. The aliens' souls attached themselves to chosen humans, known as thetans, who will be one day be saved.

So Xenu is bad then? Here I thought he/she/it was the good guy. Whew, glad I heard before I put out the intergalactic welcome mat!

Ahhh Shadow ... in threads like this you can simply hide behind your username and peek out till the madness passes!

Twila
was that Xenu or Xena? Domination by Xena wouldn't be so bad..

#juan
I have gotten right out of touch. I know I've read a few books by L.Ron Hubbard and enjoyed them. When did Hubbard make the switch and start believing his sci/fi to be gospel? Cruise sounds screwier every time he talks.

hermanntrude

was that Xenu or Xena? Domination by Xena wouldn't be so bad..

hehe she can dominate me right up against that wall

s243a
Why is getting attached by space Aliens any sillier a belief then say believing in the revelations part of the bible? At least they call it a religion as opposed to people that believe in “the secrete” and claim it is not a religion.

Twila
Quote:

At least they call it a religion as opposed to people that believe in “the secrete” and claim it is not a religion.

I know you meant secret but I liked the secrete spelling better. In secret, that would be anything labelled "occult" if you go by the latin meaning of the word. Christianity was considered a cult not too too long ago...

My dad use to always say "We all need something to believe in...so I believe I'll have another beer"

karrie

I know you meant secret but I liked the secrete spelling better.

Now I want to start a 'secrete'. For only $500, I'll tell you my secrete. It will bring you bliss and prosperity beyond your wildest imaginings.

Unforgiven
Who the hell would want to be locked up with Tom Cruise in a bunker for ten freakin years?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Now I want to start a 'secrete'. For only $500, I'll tell you my secrete. It will bring you bliss and prosperity beyond your wildest imaginings.

Is this secrete anything like holy water?