Another Actor in the White House??

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
But but but - aren't all politicans actors ???

OH!. Yes they are. The differance is the actors know they are acting. The politicos think the pulp and pap they serve us is real. They are sadly mistaken. Or maybe they know and are just telling us these things to serve their own needs. Please comment on my cynical veiw. :-|

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
eh1eh

Politicians have to possess a boatload of confidence and self worth - whether merited or not. Actors have the same qualities I guess but often start out on a solo mission and it becomes a gamble for them. Both are driven personalities.

Either way they usually promote speech written for them whether they believe it or not - and when they become successful, are no longer themselves, but a manufactured product of handlers and media.

goat

Time Out
Mar 8, 2007
Well, the last one did such a great job, then maybe it's time for another.

Could go into what the Democrats are offering starting with nancyboy Edwards and the Queen of ill-gotten funding, but...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Goat

Was Reagan a good one? I know he had some wonderful things written and spoken about him - but that was often after he left office. On the other side - locally we have Schwartzenneger(sp) who was a quasi-actor and quasi politician.

This will be my first vote in the U.S. and I have been looking forward to getting interested and psyched up by the candidates - but nothing is ringing a bell.

I hear Beckham is out of work - maybe he ... oh no - not a citizen...

There isn't one of the lot I find interesting - they are all fashioned from the same old outworn, used up mold...nothing new.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Reagan and Bonzo --- two of a kind!

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Reagen had a vision...
He was an intellectual being, despite of being an actor.
I heard that Liberals critized of him of him being action, therefore, not as smart. But once they read some portion of his diary, it changed their view point.
However, I disagree with Reagen in some parts. If he was to see the America today compared during Soviet era, I'm sure he will say, "Oh My G--"

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I have to say this president is not an actor he was the chinp in that Reagan Photo lol.
Nah this one is a puppet to papa bush and his gang.