Gay Activists Assault Ex-Gay, Trash Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays Booth

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Gay Activists Assault Ex-Gay, Trash Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays Booth at Fair
Activist struck PFOX ex-gay over testimony about leaving homosexual lifestyle

By Peter J. Smith

ARLINGTON, Virginia, August 28, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Angry homosexual activists harassed and assaulted ex-homosexuals at the Arlington County Fair last week, according to an ex-gay educational and support group.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX) reports its volunteers were distributing education materials on same-sex attraction and awareness of ex-homosexuals at their fair booth. Homosexual activists approached them and created a disturbance, spewing obscenities and dashing materials from the exhibit table.

The group demanded that PFOX leave the fairgrounds, recognize "same-sex spouses" and rejected arguments that homosexuals could change their sexual orientation, although they admitted they knew heterosexuals who had done the same.

The confrontation escalated after one activist struck a PFOX ex-gay volunteer after becoming infuriated over the man's testimony about leaving the homosexual lifestyle. A police officer then ejected the activist from the fairgrounds, although the ex-homosexual volunteer declined to press charges citing the example of Jesus Christ.

The incident, while not uncommon in PFOX experience, continues to highlight homosexual activists' rejection of tolerance and equal access ideas opposing and competing with the homosexual agenda.

PFOX said that several homosexuals had identified themselves as teachers and would make sure that PFOX ex-homosexual materials would not reach teenagers in schools as pro-homosexual materials do.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I guess after years of experiencing intolerance as the norm, they have learned to give as they recieved, lol...

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Sometimes stories just are unbalanced.

Like there was this story about this B'nai Brith group who wouldn't even listen to this group of Holocaust Deniers in the street. I mean they were loud and violent and didn't even concede that maybe they should teach their children the possibility the holocaust didn't happen with equal zeal that they teach them it did.

Totally unfair right? Only teaching children one side of a story and getting upset when people espouse a different view about what happened to all their grandparents.

This kind if suffering as known by PFOX is apparently spreading, for shame.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Gay Activists Assault Ex-Gay, Trash Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays Booth at Fair

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX) reports its volunteers were distributing education materials on same-sex attraction and awareness of ex-homosexuals at their fair booth. Homosexual activists approached them and created a disturbance, spewing obscenities and dashing materials from the exhibit table.

The incident, while not uncommon in PFOX experience, continues to highlight homosexual activists' rejection of tolerance and equal access ideas opposing and competing with the homosexual agenda.

"Homosexual activists approached them and created a disturbance, spewing obscenities and dashing materials from the exhibit table."

Well, that certainly evens things up, doesn't it? The nasty gay folk are really fighting back. How far does this horrifying incident go toward making up for some of the others ... such as the ones listed below?? (Just a quick sampling of recent events, btw.)

PFOX oughta be bombed out of existance.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
All those reports were PFOX members Cosmo?

No Karrie ... my point was that PFOX is all up in arms because gay activists swore and tossed some pamphlets around while out in the real world the articles I found are happening all the time. It makes their complaints seem so trivial and foolish. What I posted was just a fraction of what goes on all the time.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If PFOX has visited violence upon gays, or preaches visiting violence upon them, then I can understand the point of you saying they should just accepts such things towards themselves as well.

But if PFOX is simply stating a view, and offering an alternate lifestyle, then I don't really see why they should have to shut up and take it. Stating a contrary position isn't grounds for violence. Even if it is a screwed up, stupid position.

No Karrie ... my point was that PFOX is all up in arms because gay activists swore and tossed some pamphlets around while out in the real world the articles I found are happening all the time. It makes their complaints seem so trivial and foolish. What I posted was just a fraction of what goes on all the time.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
How can you be Ex Gay?
It sounds like some sort of set up to me...Ex gays for Christ or something like that......

Like what happened to these people ?....Maybe they were more like expiermenting...which doesn't make you gay...just weird....then you want to be noticed so you say you gave it up for Jesus.....

it sounds like real life troll action....lol

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How can you be Ex Gay?
It sounds like some sort of set up to me...Ex gays for Christ or something like that......

Like what happened to these people ?....Maybe they were more like expiermenting...which doesn't make you gay...just weird....then you want to be noticed so you say you gave it up for Jesus.....

it sounds like real life troll action....lol

It's bisexuals who've been talked out of listening to their entire psyche ... IMO.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
If PFOX has visited violence upon gays, or preaches visiting violence upon them, then I can understand the point of you saying they should just accepts such things towards themselves as well.

But if PFOX is simply stating a view, and offering an alternate lifestyle, then I don't really see why they should have to shut up and take it. Stating a contrary position isn't grounds for violence. Even if it is a screwed up, stupid position.
My point is that there was no violence. Sanctus posted the article and I found the stand PFOX took to be frivolous. I pointed out why I felt that way. To me it's like saying a sliver is comparable to a decapatation. ~shrug~

And no, PFOX isn't about "converting" bisexuals ... they want everyone. Check their brochure if you can stomach it.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Theres also the reparative therapies groups like Focus on the Family like to champion...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

And no, PFOX isn't about "converting" bisexuals ... they want everyone. Check their brochure if you can stomach it.

lol. I never said that PFOX was about converting bi's... I said that I think they're the only 'gays' who are ever 'converted'. I don't think you can take a gay person and change them. Just like you can't take a straight person and make them gay. I think PFOX is a pile of bull hooey. They may have themselves convinced, but I strongly doubt their assertions.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Theres also the reparative therapies groups like Focus on the Family like to champion...

Which again, may work at convincing a person who leans *slightly* more to the gay side that they are in fact straight, but, a full fledged gay person, I highly doubt it.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
It's no surprise to me. Homosexuality has always encompassed a violent underground character. When people are so out of touch with their humanity and any state of grace.. and real love, reproduction, true family go to the very core of that.. it confuses all reasoning and leads to a lashing out at perceived tormentors. At best it leads to a formation of a rough husk and a retreat into oneself as a guard against the emotional usery that marks the social interactions of this phenomenon.. an artifice of personality is produced, far from their intended archetype.

The rates of suicide and depression for practicing homosexuals is many times the national average, as it is for violent incidence. Gratuitous gratification can exist in heterosexual relationships.. but ALWAYS defines homosexuality. The fact these 'gay defense militias' target groups whose main interest is in combatting the seed of their misery, rather than the politically correct position of 'celebrating' their sexuality, is simply a mark as to how devastating it is to their emotional well being and perception of themselves in the real world.

Reactions: Cosmo

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol.

I have many gay friends and family. Artists. Singers. Soft, delicate people who don't have a violent bone in their bodies. People who nurture their family ties more than the heteroes I know. Where you get the hardened husk idea from is beyond me!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Lifesite and NARTH are causing more harm than a religiously oriented bunch of people should. I think it's time they fold their tents and start some self-actualization.

The damage they have done to good people is criminal.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It's no surprise to me. Homosexuality has always encompassed a violent underground character. When people are so out of touch with their humanity and any state of grace.. and real love, reproduction, true family go to the very core of that.. it confuses all reasoning and leads to a lashing out at perceived tormentors. At best it leads to a formation of a rough husk and a retreat into oneself as a guard against the emotional usery that marks the social interactions of this phenomenon.. an artifice of personality is produced, far from their intended archetype.

The rates of suicide and depression for practicing homosexuals is many times the national average, as it is for violent incidence. Gratuitous gratification can exist in heterosexual relationships.. but ALWAYS defines homosexuality. The fact these 'gay defense militias' target groups whose main interest is in combatting the seed of their misery, rather than the politically correct position of 'celebrating' their sexuality, is simply a mark as to how devastating it is to their emotional well being and perception of themselves in the real world.

I find it much more likely that the depression and suicide/violence is a result of societal labels as deviants, being forced to keep your true self underground is never good for esteem or feelings of self-worth. Even today homosexuals face pressure you or I will never comprehend.