More dirty tricks

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Looks like provocateurs were used by the the Quebec police to stir up troubles between the demonstrators and authorities at the SPP summit. Considering the nature of the summit it's probable the PMO was involved, Harper is a friggin Nazi.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20070822/ca_pr_on_na/summit_provocateurs

As protesters surrounded the men and tried to snatch off their masks, one of the three spoke to an SQ officer. The trio got through the police line, were forced to the ground and handcuffed.
Photos of the men lying on the ground show the three were wearing combat boots with identical markings to the ones worn by an SQ officer kneeling beside them.
Video also shows the three eventually being led quietly away to police vans. By contrast, Coles said four legitimate protesters - whom police say were the only people arrested and charged at the summit - were "roughed up pretty good and dragged away."

Last edited:

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
IMO this outdoes Chretien at APEC, I don't think Harper ever intended to clean up politics in Canada the way he claimed.

If anything Harper is doing the best he can to out-sleaze the Liberals, he's even returned to the practice of throwing $billions at Quebec to buy political support, the same practice he so derided in the Liberals.

Welcome to "Canadas New Police State"

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
This is a serious accusation, and requires a little more backing than your suspicions..........thank you very much!

As protesters surrounded the men and tried to snatch off their masks, one of the three spoke to an SQ officer. The trio got through the police line, were forced to the ground and handcuffed.
Photos of the men lying on the ground show the three were wearing combat boots with identical markings to the ones worn by an SQ officer kneeling beside them.

That hardly makes the case.......although it is enough to raise suspicion..........

Liberal justice critic Marlene Jennings said the evidence is "quite incriminating" and called on the two police forces to "clear this up." She said it's one thing for officers to pose as protesters in a bid to keep an eye on potential trouble-makers, "but to be instigators is completely unacceptable."

Jennings suggested protest organizers may want to file a complaint with the two forces. Coles said his union has not done so yet but is seeking legal advice.
New Democrat MP Libby Davies, who participated in the summit demonstrations, said the video evidence raises "hugely serious questions" about the role of the police at contentious international meetings.
"It seems like they create this environment, a show of force, that sets it up for a confrontation," she said. "I think we need to know who authorized this, how high up does this go?"

This is just silly.....how about some evidence something was amiss before the idiots of the NDP start demanding to know "how high this goes"?

Last edited:

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Don't forget this grand document about how to turn a political demonstration against the demonstrators. I really would like to know what is redacted. Of course, if someone as average as me can think of using provocateurs, surely the government does as well, if not actually implementing them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Certainly "dirty tricks" have been part of the police arsenal in times past.......and advocating violence as an undercover officer is simply not acceptable.

But it is a bit of a reach to assume, first of all, that these guys were police officers. I have just "someone's" say that they were wearing boots identical to those of the SQ. If so, it is suspicious.......but don't a lot of the young protestors wear combat boots?

Secondly, it is a bit of a reach to suggest these guys were trying to start up a violent confrontation. Evidence, please.

Thirdly, if both A and B are true, it is a LONG reach to assume the Federal government had any influence over police procedures of a provincial force, ESPECIALLY the QUEBEC police force.

That's my take on it.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Certainly "dirty tricks" have been part of the police arsenal in times past.......and advocating violence as an undercover officer is simply not acceptable.

But it is a bit of a reach to assume, first of all, that these guys were police officers. I have just "someone's" say that they were wearing boots identical to those of the SQ. If so, it is suspicious.......but don't a lot of the young protestors wear combat boots?

Secondly, it is a bit of a reach to suggest these guys were trying to start up a violent confrontation. Evidence, please.

Thirdly, if both A and B are true, it is a LONG reach to assume the Federal government had any influence over police procedures of a provincial force, ESPECIALLY the QUEBEC police force.

That's my take on it.

I agree with you. Shaky evidence at best. I expect governments to do this sort because it just seems like a good way to manipulate public opinion, but this is not something I would call proof.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Usually the truth of the matter is somewhere in the middle of what both sides have to say. That in and of itself should be reason enough to peel the lid off, can of worms or no, and make sure that there is no chance of this being the case and should anyone in a position of authority or influence get the idea that it is acceptable, and swift and sever penalty in waiting at the end of that investigation. Along with dismissal and prohibition from holding public office or a government position again.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
This is a serious accusation, and requires a little more backing than your suspicions..........thank you very much!

These three were threatening to attack the police line and when accused of being provocateurs by demonstrators asked the Surete to and were allowed through their lines. They weren't roughed up which is pretty well standard practice and were wearing indentical footwear. The three have also seemingly disappeared, no charges laid, and no reports from them to the media. You go ahead and ignore the implications, from what I've seen of Harpers behaviour this is totally in character with him.
Remember those police investigations in Quebec and Ontario during the last election that made the Liberals look so bad and turned out to be nothing? Politicians aren't above using the police for their ends in this country.

Awfully soft line those guys pushed themselves through.

Exactly, these were the guys that came equipped for war and the cops treated them with kid gloves? Something stinks here.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...Exactly, these were the guys that came equipped for war and the cops treated them with kid gloves? Something stinks here.

The million dollar question is if the cops put them in the car with their masks still on. Can't tell from the vid.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Harper is all about power, so was Hitler, why not make an easy comparison.

The Liberals were greedy and that's not good, but Harper wants to remake the country into his idea of what's right and that's just insane. Just like Hitler.

Last edited:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
If they were so easy to handcuff why are they still wearing their backpacks on their way to the car?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Harper is all about power, so was Hitler, why not make an easy comparison.

The Liberals were greedy and that's not good, but Harper wants to remake the country into his idea of what's right and that's just insane. Just like Hitler.

Come on. Harper and Hitler? That's a tad much.:lol:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
on the bright side

anybody and everybody who DID get picked up during the demonstrations doesn't have to worry about their names showing up in a press release.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I get a kick out of how poorly the big guy runs that bluster at the Union rep. Guy's been watching too many Dian Fossey clips. Schtoop couldn't draw a punch with a pencil.