Foods Tastes Better With McDonald's Logo, Kids Say

#1 (external - login to view)

Foods Tastes Better With McDonald's Logo, Kids Say
08.06.07, 12:00 AM ET MONDAY, Aug. 6 (HealthDay News) -- Most 3- and 5-year-olds who taste-tested a variety of foods said they preferred the ones in the McDonald's wrapper -- even though the foods were exactly the same, a new study finds. The study suggests that, like adults, young children are highly influenced by branding, experts say.
"This study demonstrates simply and elegantly that advertising literally brainwashes young children into a baseless preference for certain food products," said Dr. David Katz, the director of the Prevention Research Center at Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn.
"Children, it seems, literally do judge a food by its cover. And they prefer the cover they know," said Katz, who was not involved in the research.
The study was led by Dr. Thomas Robinson, the director of the Center for Healthy Weight at Packard Children's Hospital and associate professor of pediatrics and of medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine, in Stanford, Calif. His team had 63 children, ages 3 and 5, sample five foods: chicken nuggets, a hamburger, french fries, baby carrots and milk.
The chicken nuggets, hamburger and french fries were all from McDonald's; the carrots and milk were from a grocery store.
Each sample was divided into two portions: one wrapped in a McDonald's wrapper or placed in a McDonald's bag and the other in a wrapper without...

Quote has been trimmed

This makes me wonder how much I'm brainwashed into believing something is better then it really is....yikes!
It's the Mickey Dee generation! What a sad comment on a bunch raised on Einstein and behaving like Goofy.

What a sad comment on a bunch raised on Einstein and behaving like Goofy.

You know what makes this even more terrifying? Is imagining what this is going to be like in 20 yrs when those branded are running the world! Where the only real thing that matters is the label you're wearing, eating, or using!