The Lefty BBC, who long for the day for Britain to become a Puritan, Cromwellian Republic, is facing the possibility that it's documentary on the Queen, in which it appeared showed the Queen storming out of a photo shoot in anger (many say the anti-Monarchy BBC did it deliberately) when she was actually walking INTO the photoshoot, may be banned by the Monarch herself....

The Queen wants BBC's faked film banned

Palace fury at refusal to scrap 'misleading' documentary

29th July 2007
Daily Mail

The Queen is trying to ban the controversial BBC film promoted by a trailer which wrongly showed her storming out of a photoshoot.

Well placed sources say a heated behind-the-scenes dispute is going on between the BBC and Buckingham Palace over the Corporation's refusal to scrap the documentary.

The BBC was forced to apologise to the Queen two weeks ago after admitting that the trailer had been manipulated to make it appear she had stormed out of the photo session.

In fact, the footage of her striding through the Palace corridors was filmed as she arrived.

The Queen is trying to ban the controversial BBC film which wrongly showed her storming out of a photoshoot

It led to a major confrontation between the Corporation and the Palace and triggered a crisis about faked BBC programmes.

The BBC said it would ensure the final edit of the programme, A Year With The Queen, would not mislead viewers, but indicated it would still be broadcast as planned in the autumn.

But the Palace is believed to have protested, arguing that neither they nor the viewing public could have any confidence in the film, and called for it to be cancelled.

The Mail on Sunday understands that the BBC has promised the Queen that the programme will be edited in strict accordance with its rules on fairness and accuracy.

Photographer Annie Leibovitz meets the Queen before the photoshoot

However, the Palace is still not convinced and is sticking by its demand to scrap the broadcast.

Following an approach by The Mail on Sunday, senior BBC executives spent much of Saturday discussing the issue before releasing a brief statement: "The BBC has commissioned Will Wyatt (a former managing director of BBC Broadcast) to conduct an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the inclusion of this project in the recent BBC1 autumn launch.

"We do not feel it appropriate to comment on matters relating to this until the inquiry has reported."

But one BBC insider said: "I see no reason why the film shouldn't be broadcast. It was well researched."

The Queen was then seen angrily pacing the corridors of Buckingham Palace. In fact she was merely walking to a room for the photoshoot

Misleading footage from the documentary, showing the Queen and photographer Annie Leibovitz, was shown to journalists at the launch of the BBC1 autumn schedule by channel controller Peter Fincham.

Film-maker RDF, which also makes Channel 4's Wife Swap, blamed employees for "manipulating the chronology" of the clips. The company said it was unaware of the Palace's attempt to ban the film, adding: "We would be disappointed if that were the case."

The BBC launched a full, independent inquiry into the gaffe, while a subsequent internal audit led to admissions that viewers had been conned by fake phone-ins on Comic Relief, Sport Relief and Children In Need.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment.