Muslim women's message of hate as Islamists are jailed for 22 years

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Another victory for the British against Islamic extremists. Four men were jailed today for a total of 22 years for soliciting murder against British citizens and threatening "Bomb, Bomb UK."

Outside the OId Bailey in central London, crowds of Muslims spouted bile in protest, waving placards with vile massages, including women in ugly, black burkas, the full veils that make them look like mediaeval Daleks

The judge told the condemned men that, unlike them, Britain values free speech....

Muslim women's messages of hate in Old Bailey burka protest

18th July 2007
Daily Mail

Muslim women in burkas hold a placard of hate outside the Old Bailey today as four men were jailed for a total of 22 years for their role in an "anti-Islamic cartoon" protest.

The men were charged with soliciting murder on the streets of London when they marched to the Danish embassy in Knightsbridge, threatening "Bomb Bomb UK".

Message of hate: Muslim women hold placards outside the Old Bailey as a City of London police office keeps order

As dozens of supporters chanted their anger in the streets outside, the judge underlined the British tradition of freedom of speech.

"Everybody is entitled to freedom and protection under the law and no one is entitled to urge the perverted use of ideology to propagate destruction, distress and death," he said.

The four had been arrested after 300 protesters had marched from the Regent's Park Mosque to the Danish Embassy in Knightsbridge in February last year.

Jailed: from left, Abdul Muhid, Abdul Saleem, Umran Javed and Mizanur Rahman

They were demonstrating over the publication of cartoons in Denmark and other European countries that they deemed to be offensive to the Prophet Mohammed. The police let the unauthorised protest take place but recorded speeches and slogans and rounded up the worst offenders afterwards.

In separate trials Mizanur Rahman, 24, Umran Javed, 27, Abdul Muhid, 25, and Abdul Saleem, 32, were all convicted.

They were heard chanting or carrying placards with the threats: "Bomb Bomb UK", "Be prepared for the real holocaust", "Osama is on his way" and referring to British soldiers: "We want to see their blood running in the streets of Baghdad and them coming home in body bags".

Today the Common Serjeant of London, Judge Brian Barker, pointed out that none of the speeches or placards mention the cartoons, which had never been published in the British media.

The four were arrested after protesting about the cartoons of Mohammed published in Denmark

Website designer Rahman, of Palmers Green, was jailed for six years after being convicted of soliciting murder and inciting racial hatred.

IT technician Javed, of Birmingham, was found guilty of identical charges and also jailed for six years.

Muhid, of Whitechapel, was convicted of two charges of soliciting murder and was also jailed for six years.

Saleem, of Poplar, was found guilty of a single count of stirring up racial hatred and was sentenced to four years.

The judge passed sentence as 12 Islamic supporters sat in the public gallery and 60 more, many in full-length Burkhas, demonstrated outside.

The judge said: "The freedoms of speech and assembly have long been jealously guarded by our laws, but with freedom comes respect and responsibility - none of which was demonstrated by you and the hard core of your fellow protesters, demonstrating in February last year," said the judge.

He continued: "Six months after the London bombings you subjected the multi-cultural citizens of London to a constant barrage of hatred and intolerance through your thoroughly offensive placards and speeches by three of you."

dailymail.co.uk

Phil B

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2007
Brighton,UK
Locking people up for what they say , first brick on the road to hell.

In a multi-racial society you can't have any one of any creed or colour inciting people to kill others due to their creed or colour.
I agree it is not an ideal thing, but in an ideal world no imbecile would try and incite racial hatred.

Minority Observer84

Theism Exorcist
Sep 26, 2006
The Capitol
In a multi-racial society you can't have any one of any creed or colour inciting people to kill others due to their creed or colour.
I agree it is not an ideal thing, but in an ideal world no imbecile would try and incite racial hatred.
It depends on the society , here we have that as a rule i'am not sure what the laws are in the Uk the thing is this issue seems to be a case of anti government speech being made and people being jailed for it . If there is an indication of terrorist planing or a threat than criminal proceedings should be taken but if it just words directed against the government than imprisoning these men sets a dangerous precedent against freedom to critique one's government .

Last edited:

Minority Observer84

Theism Exorcist
Sep 26, 2006
The Capitol
Correction : We Do not know what material was the reason for their incarceration , they were protesting something offensive to their religion , not knowing the nature of their remarks and not being a fan of hate mongering i can't really form an opinion on this till i've read the laws regarding hate speech in the UK i know that skin heads preach racism and anti semitsim in the uk with impunity so no matter how misguided their remarks they should be free to make them . Had this happened in Canada i would undoutbly support their arrest according to our laws all hate speech is against the law in Ontario .

Phil B

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2007
Brighton,UK
It depends on the society , here we have that as a rule i'am not sure what the laws are in the Uk the thing is this issue seems to be a case of anti government speech being made and people being jailed for it . If there is an indication of terrorist planing or a threat than criminal proceedings should be taken but if it just words directed against the government than imprisoning these men sets a dangerous precedent against freedom to critique one's government .

The start of the protest was actually nothing to do with the UK goverment, it was in response to some cartoons published in Denmark in Danish. Unfortunately the protest overstepped the mark somewhat with threats of annihilation to anyone who insults Islam and refering to potential terrorist activities ie bombing the UK.

Last edited:

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
They were heard chanting or carrying placards with the threats: "Bomb Bomb UK", "Be prepared for the real holocaust", "Osama is on his way" and referring to British soldiers: "We want to see their blood running in the streets of Baghdad and them coming home in body bags".

That's protected speech? Not in England apparently. If they didn't want to be jailed, they should have considered their language. I don't feel sorry for people who break the law and have to go to jail. I don't really care if someone else said something bad and didn't go to jail. Pointing out someone else's behavior doesn't excuse THEIR behavior.

Phil B

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2007
Brighton,UK
i've read the laws regarding hate speech in the UK i know that skin heads preach racism and anti semitsim in the uk with impunity so no matter how misguided their remarks they should be free to make them .

I take it by reference to skinheads you are reading some material that is some 20/30 years out of date.

The new Racial and religious hatred act of 2006 is here

Last edited: