TV captures moment Queen loses her temper with celebrity photographer

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
TV captures moment Queen loses her temper with celebrity photographer

11th July 2007
Daily Mail

This is the extraordinary moment the Queen lost her temper and stormed out of a photoshoot, after a celebrity photographer dared ask her to remove her crown.

The astonishing footage is taken from a new BBC documentary entitled A Year With The Queen and captures the moment when Her Majesty lost her cool.

During the programme photographer US celebrity snapper Annie Leibovitz sizes up the Queen in her full regalia and ventures: "I think it will look better without the crown, because the garter robe is so..."

Before the photographer can finish saying "extraordinary", the Queen raises her eyebrows, fixes the snapper with an icy stare, and snaps: "Less dressy? What do you think this is?" pointing to what she is wearing.

Watch the video of the Queen losing her temper here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...70&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

The Queen was annoyed when Annie Leibovitz asked her to remove her crown

TV cameras follow the Queen storming off with an official lifting the large train of her blue velvet cape off the floor as the Queen tells her lady-in-waiting: "I'm not changing anything. I've had enough dressing like this thank you very much."

During filming for the documentary, which follows preparations for the Queen's 80th birthday and a visit to the United States, cameramen had unprecedented access to the royals for a year.

Her Majesty is also shown cracking a joke to her grandson Prince William as she passes him in a formal royal parade.

The Queen, as photographed by Annie Leibovitz

BBC1 Controller Peter Fincham said: "There are a lot of intimate moments and familiar moments. It gives access to the Queen that the TV audience has never had."

"Definitely a memorable bit is Leibovitz getting it wrong and the Queen losing it a bit and walking out in a huff.

"In most of what we see there's a twinkle in her eye. I'm sure she will come over very well."

Annie Leibovitz at work

The documentary captures the working life of the Royal Family, with snippets unveiled showing the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and Princes William and Harry on duty.

In other footage, US President George Bush tells the cameras on the Queen's state visit: "This is a big deal. People are excited to have been invited to the White House to go to a state dinner with the Queen of England."

Friendly handshake: Annie Leibovitz meets the Queen before the photoshoot

dailymail.co.uk

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
What is the use of putting on full regalia and then have some yank say "Take off the crown, it's too much". I am sure the Queen would be way more comfy in a pair of Wellington boots and a coat walking her dogs in the rain then putting on that stuff. Price you have to pay to be the Queen.