Mom Blames Great Store Sale for Leaving Child in Hot Car

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
FORT MYERS, Fla. — A 63-year-old woman blamed a great sale for the reason she left her small child locked inside a sweltering car for an hour.
Eileen Amy Politano, of North Fort Myers, Fla., was charged with felony child neglect Friday after leaving an 11-month-old girl in a car while she went into a grocery store.
Store employees said they saw the girl crying in the car and were able to rescue her before police arrived. Outside temperature were upward of 85 degrees.
Politano told police she intended to run into the store for a few minutes to buy some meat for dinner, but said there were too many specials to pass up.
When medical personnel asked Politano to give the child something to drink, she reportedly reached into her car and grabbed a bottle of spoiled formula.
Politano was released on $1,500 bond.

The prosecution is just going to be a waste of taxpayer money. I think they should make the old bag wear a $hitty diaper and sit in a locked car for an hour in Tucson, Arizona. Maybe two hours...with only spoiled formula to drink.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
We don't agree on much but I am with you on this one. Strap her in too so there is no shifting around for comfort.

FORT MYERS, Fla. — A 63-year-old woman blamed a great sale for the reason she left her small child locked inside a sweltering car for an hour.
Eileen Amy Politano, of North Fort Myers, Fla., was charged with felony child neglect Friday after leaving an 11-month-old girl in a car while she went into a grocery store.
Store employees said they saw the girl crying in the car and were able to rescue her before police arrived. Outside temperature were upward of 85 degrees.
Politano told police she intended to run into the store for a few minutes to buy some meat for dinner, but said there were too many specials to pass up.
When medical personnel asked Politano to give the child something to drink, she reportedly reached into her car and grabbed a bottle of spoiled formula.
Politano was released on $1,500 bond.

The prosecution is just going to be a waste of taxpayer money. I think they should make the old bag wear a $hitty diaper and sit in a locked car for an hour in Tucson, Arizona. Maybe two hours...with only spoiled formula to drink.

bluecollarguy

Jul 9, 2007
New Westminster B.C.
I don't care how long your going to be gone. You don't leave a kid or a pet for that matter in a hot car.

I am so all over this idea.

I have no idea...but judging from the age disparity, I would guess this is a granddaughter. If it were my daughter, I might have to beyotch slap "dear ol mom" when I saw her next.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It shouldn't just be about the heat. What if someone either stole the car with the child(and tossed the child out the door), or broke into the car and kidnapped the child?8O